✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Mixtape Exchange #19 [REVIEWS & TRACKLISTS]

Finally a chance to revive this solid idea.

The Coldplaying Mixtape Exchange is a fun way to discover new music while also giving you the chance to share music that you enjoy with other Coldplayers. Basically what happens is that you'll be given the name of the person who you will be making your mixtape for, and all you have to do is get together some songs that you really like, that go well together, and/or that your partner has most likely never heard before; but you must not let anyone know who you're making your mixtape for, and your partner must not know what exactly he or she is listening to - it has to be a surprise! After your partner reviews your mixtape, you will then get to reveal yourself and the tracklisting. You will of course be receiving a mixtape to review as well!

How this works?

:

Quote:

1. Sign up saying you want to participate - leave your name on the thread

2. When the deadline for signing up is over, you'll get a PM from me giving you the name of another participant in the Exchange. You will be making a mix for this person, whoever they may be

3. You mustn't reveal who you are making the mix for, on pain of being tickled by a thousand feathers

4. Make your mix-tape (average length is around 50-70 minutes) and delete the info for each song.

5. Upload the mix-tape to something like rapidshare and send me the link and a tracklisting. I will then send it to the person assigned to you, keeping your identity a secret of course!

6. When you receive a mix-tape, listen to it, write a review and post it in this thread.

7. The person who made the mix-tape will then post the track-list and the link so everybody can download it. Simple as that.

Note: Please make sure before you sign up that you're actually going be able to follow through on this, or at least let me know before the deadline ends if you're going to be too busy to participate and you need your name taken off of the list. In past mixtape exchanges, several people never received mixtapes or reviews because their mixtaper/mixtapee never bothered to go through with it, and that's pretty inconsiderate to those who worked hard to make a mixtape and never got anything in return. Mixtape exchanges only happen a couple times a year so they're to be taken pretty srsly.

The deadline for signing up is June 29th 2016(GMT)and you will have some time to create your mixtapes in for 3rd July 2016.

Here is a good guideline for deleting the song information:

:

Quote:

The Song Information Deletion Tutorial

1. Find the tracks you plan on putting on your mixtape, and copy-and-paste them to a new folder, away from all the other stuff. You can either right-click and find "copy" and "paste," or you can use the shortcuts (Ctrl + C for copy and Ctrl + V for paste).

2. Once you've done that, go track by track, right-click, choose "Properties," and clear everything. Remember to change track numbers if you have a specific order (and almost everyone does, so...yeah). Also, it's helpful to name your album, even if it's something as simple as "mixtape." If you want, you can fill in the blank spots with fake information to add a personal touch to the mix. Once you've done all that, click OK. You'll have to do this separately with each track.

3. Move that folder into your iTunes library by clicking and dragging it into iTunes when it's open, and go through the tracks one by one and double-check everything. Typically, the one thing that usually needs to be altered if anything is the album art. In that case, just select your entire mixtape (either by going under "Edit" and choosing "Select all" or just typing your mixtape name and using Ctrl + A), right-click on it, choose "Get Info," and clear all of it using the options in that menu.

4. Compress your mixtape into a .zip or .rar, upload, and give the link to the head of the exchange.

Looking forward to your involvement soon ;)

P.S: If I like your post mentioning you are participating the exchange, that means you will be on the list :)

The participants:

atlas2000

Haruka

flockofbirds222

gerben

diogo_sg

Considering I know its a while until July 4th when the main sharing will begin, I've put together my mixtape for you all to review, make concepts of and guess the songs. I know during the actual thing it won't work putting mine in, so here is my NeonOnOn mixtape for EVERYONE to review.

Link:

https://mega.nz/#!fsEX2ZhC!pP687fIS-nu8g-c8E2j5PZjEeM05XsuzlXOcz4l060A

(REMEMBER: This is the only mixtape being shared for everyone to guess and review until June 4th when I PM you all the people and you begin creating.)

• Like 1

I listened to @arushofjacktothehead's mixtape yesterday, so I'm gonna post a little review here.

It isn't the kind of music I usually listen to, but that actually made it a lot more interesting for me, and I really enjoyed most songs except a few I didn't like that much. However, the sounds at around 43:00 kind of scared me...[emoji33] [emoji23] I don't know if I got all song beginnings right, but if I did, I especially liked the 4th, 8th(my favorite), 9th and last track. Some songs were simply great because the sounds felt kind of amazing on my headphones. I also really liked that the songs fit quite well together. What I didn't like that much were tracks 7, 10, 11 and 13.

All in all I'd say for me it's a 6.5/10.

I didn't know any of the songs and also have no guesses[emoji16]

I listened to @arushofjacktothehead's mixtape yesterday, so I'm gonna post a little review here.

It isn't the kind of music I usually listen to, but that actually made it a lot more interesting for me, and I really enjoyed most songs except a few I didn't like that much. However, the sounds at around 43:00 kind of scared me...[emoji33] [emoji23] I don't know if I got all song beginnings right, but if I did, I especially liked the 4th, 8th(my favorite), 9th and last track. Some songs were simply great because the sounds felt kind of amazing on my headphones. I also really liked that the songs fit quite well together. What I didn't like that much were tracks 7, 10, 11 and 13.

All in all I'd say for me it's a 6.5/10.

I didn't know any of the songs and also have no guesses[emoji16]

Lol thanks!:P

I'm not revealing anything yet, but that big 'scary' noise was a Paulstretched version of the beginning of a Nine Inch Nails song called 'A Warm Place':laugh3: :)

Other people on the forum, spread the word! Come down and review the Mixtape!:)

• Like 1

Guest diogo_sg

here's my ultra-strange and silly review (sorry about the lack of cohesion :wacky:)

1 - don't know the song. like the atmospheric beginning. the bangs sound amazing. like the techno sort of 8 bit sound. sounds like a video game. the vocals are a bit off imo. like the beat. the chorus is awesome. what is he saying?!?!

2 - dont know the song. this sounds amazing!! love this. the vocals are nicer on this one. beautiful sounds - similar to old horror films music. the beat reminds me of songs from the 80s. the beats are weird - not a favourite. AMAZING instrumental outro!!! was the disk broken or smth??

3 - dont know the song. calm beginning - like it! badass guitar!!!! loving this song. both the calmer moments and the rockier ones. wonderful outro.

4 - dont know the song. cool strange beginning. beautiful piano. oh here we go again to the randomness and the craziness!! it's starting to get a bit...repetitive, tbh. oohh, i like this - sounds like some sort of force field. rainy mood on?

5 - dont know the song. absolutely love the intro. wow this guitar. sounds amazing. enjoying this one very much. are these synths? interesting addition.

6 - dont know the song. well, this is rocky!!! not a fan of the vocals, tbh. too much screaming. not my type. the guitar solo is actually really cool.

7 - dont know the song. lovely ambient sounds. feeling like im hovering. reminds me of the escapist.

8 - dont know the song. adore the intro. amazing sounds. reminds me of moby. really enjoying this track. awesome guitar.

9 - dont know the song. sounding good. the vocals are nice too. this guitar sound is just amazing. badass solo!! - it's too short!!

10 - dont know the song. AMAZING bassline!!!!!! dirty guitar - cool!! is this thom yorke? it sounds like him, i swear. drifting into another dimension now - see you soon!! (amazing sounds btw; weird and creepy as hell).

11 - dont know the song. HOLY SHITTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF WAS THIS??? was I kidnapped by a fuc*ing ufo???? like the background piano a lot. amazing chorus too. twenty one pilots? - sounds like them. LOVING this song so so so so much!!

12 - dont know the song. beautiful ambience - very light. absolutely magical.

13 - dont know the song. back to the 8 bit realm - nice. liking the vocals a lot as well as the overall sound. enjoying this song very much too. the mix between the more "traditional" sounds with the more electronic ones is very well achieved. this got a whole lot more interesting now! it sounds so dazzingly cool! LOVING IT!

14 - dont know the song. beautiful voice. awesome bass. cool guitar. it's a really nice song, but it's missing something, i think.

loved your mixtape. some songs (a lot) more than others, but it's really good overall.

i'll give it a 7.5/10 :D

here's my ultra-strange and silly review (sorry about the lack of cohesion :wacky:)

1 - don't know the song. like the atmospheric beginning. the bangs sound amazing. like the techno sort of 8 bit sound. sounds like a video game. the vocals are a bit off imo. like the beat. the chorus is awesome. what is he saying?!?!

2 - dont know the song. this sounds amazing!! love this. the vocals are nicer on this one. beautiful sounds - similar to old horror films music. the beat reminds me of songs from the 80s. the beats are weird - not a favourite. AMAZING instrumental outro!!! was the disk broken or smth??

3 - dont know the song. calm beginning - like it! badass guitar!!!! loving this song. both the calmer moments and the rockier ones. wonderful outro.

4 - dont know the song. cool strange beginning. beautiful piano. oh here we go again to the randomness and the craziness!! it's starting to get a bit...repetitive, tbh. oohh, i like this - sounds like some sort of force field. rainy mood on?

5 - dont know the song. absolutely love the intro. wow this guitar. sounds amazing. enjoying this one very much. are these synths? interesting addition.

6 - dont know the song. well, this is rocky!!! not a fan of the vocals, tbh. too much screaming. not my type. the guitar solo is actually really cool.

7 - dont know the song. lovely ambient sounds. feeling like im hovering. reminds me of the escapist.

8 - dont know the song. adore the intro. amazing sounds. reminds me of moby. really enjoying this track. awesome guitar.

9 - dont know the song. sounding good. the vocals are nice too. this guitar sound is just amazing. badass solo!! - it's too short!!

10 - dont know the song. AMAZING bassline!!!!!! dirty guitar - cool!! is this thom yorke? it sounds like him, i swear. drifting into another dimension now - see you soon!! (amazing sounds btw; weird and creepy as hell).

11 - dont know the song. HOLY SHITTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF WAS THIS??? was I kidnapped by a fuc*ing ufo???? like the background piano a lot. amazing chorus too. twenty one pilots? - sounds like them. LOVING this song so so so so much!!

13 - dont know the song. back to the 8 bit realm - nice. liking the vocals a lot as well as the overall sound. enjoying this song very much too. the mix between the more "traditional" sounds with the more electronic ones is very well achieved. this got a whole lot more interesting now! it sounds so dazzingly cool! LOVING IT!

14 - dont know the song. beautiful voice. awesome bass. cool guitar. it's a really nice song, but it's missing something, i think.

loved your mixtape. some songs (a lot) more than others, but it's really good overall.

I feel pretty much the same about most of the songs!

(I just decided not to write my review right away while listening cause I didn't know if it would make any sense in the end[emoji12] )

Guest diogo_sg
I feel pretty much the same about most of the songs!

(I just decided not to write my review right away while listening cause I didn't know if it would make any sense in the end[emoji12] )

Haha! Great minds think alike [emoji12]

And I understand what you're saying - take my review as an example [emoji23]

Haha! Great minds think alike [emoji12]

And I understand what you're saying - take my review as an example [emoji23]

Well, your review does rather make sense after all, mine would have been like

OMG what's that? - I LOVE that song - OK, actually I don't really like it that much..[emoji23] [emoji23]

The mixtape was VERY experimental, so I understand lots of your points. Thanks diogo for that review.:P

MY MIXTAPE REVEAL DATE is 23rd June

GET YOUR REVIEWS IN BEFORE THAT DATE!!!!!!:P