✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Mixtape Exchange #19 [REVIEWS & TRACKLISTS]

Guest diogo_sg
The mixtape was VERY experimental, so I understand lots of your points. Thanks diogo for that review.:P

MY MIXTAPE REVEAL DATE is 23rd June

GET YOUR REVIEWS IN BEFORE THAT DATE!!!!!!:P

Yeah, I noticed that [emoji12]

You're welcome [emoji6]

I'm very curious to know what some of those songs were - there were amazing tracks there.

I don't know if I'll get time to review your mixtape Jack, I've had a quick listen but with family stuff for the next few days I don't think I'll get it done :/

Edit: currently putting some songs together on a spotify playlist, to keep track of some stuff I want to put on the mixtape... let's just say it won't be a conventional mixtape

• Like 1

I don't know if I'll get time to review your mixtape Jack, I've had a quick listen but with family stuff for the next few days I don't think I'll get it done :/

Edit: currently putting some songs together on a spotify playlist, to keep track of some stuff I want to put on the mixtape... let's just say it won't be a conventional mixtape

It honestly doesn't matter. Good luck with yours!:)

Well sorry guys, I'm a tad late!:P

Glasto has been so fun so far, anyways it's now time to reveal my mixtape.

I'll use [uSER=101247]@diogo_sg[/uSER] 's review to comment on.

here's my ultra-strange and silly review (sorry about the lack of cohesion :wacky:)

1 - don't know the song. like the atmospheric beginning. the bangs sound amazing. like the techno sort of 8 bit sound. sounds like a video game. the vocals are a bit off imo. like the beat. the chorus is awesome. what is he saying?!?!

The beginning is a Doves track called 'Intro'. Lol the actual song to me sounded very retro at first like some sort of video game. It is by a band called LIARS and the song is called 'Mess On A Mission'. Theneedledrop actually put this on his best of year list. I thought I'd stump you with what he was saying in the chorus. Lol.

2 - dont know the song. this sounds amazing!! love this. the vocals are nicer on this one. beautiful sounds - similar to old horror films music. the beat reminds me of songs from the 80s. the beats are weird - not a favourite. AMAZING instrumental outro!!! was the disk broken or smth??

You are right! This song is definitely from the 80's. The disk wasn't broken, it's just some cool sound that Trent Reznor distorted. The track is called 'Ringfinger' by one of my favourite bands Nine Inch Nails. Although it wasnt used in any movie per say, it is by a band who are used to make horror or controversial videos. If you want an example of one of their controversial videos, look up 'Closer', it is a classic. If you're brave enough, search up 'Happiness In Slavery', that video is NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED. And if you want to pee yourself, watch the Broken movie.

3 - dont know the song. calm beginning - like it! badass guitar!!!! loving this song. both the calmer moments and the rockier ones. wonderful outro.

This song is called 'Kalopsia'. It is definitely one of the most soothing in this list. Well the beginning anyway. Reminds me of Queen. It's a coincidence that this band's name is Queens Of The Stone Age. Fact: did you know Trent from NIN made an apperance in this track? He does the harmonies with Josh of QOTSA. And the outro is called 'Help Me I Am In Hell', a NIN track. It's funny that you thought this was the outro lol. Audacity is fun.

4 - dont know the song. cool strange beginning. beautiful piano. oh here we go again to the randomness and the craziness!! it's starting to get a bit...repetitive, tbh. oohh, i like this - sounds like some sort of force field. rainy mood on?

'Colour Eye'? Yeah, this is where my mind goes full on, fuck it lets just be as weird as possible. This track is by Jon Hopkins and is one of the most craziest instrumentals ever, bar none. And the force field comparison is very accurate.

5 - dont know the song. absolutely love the intro. wow this guitar. sounds amazing. enjoying this one very much. are these synths? interesting addition.

Two words: Pink Floyd. One song title: 'Sum'. (And yes, those are synths)

6 - dont know the song. well, this is rocky!!! not a fan of the vocals, tbh. too much screaming. not my type. the guitar solo is actually really cool.

This believe it or not is none other than Moby in his earlier days. The song is called 'Someone To Love', and is very intense. Not everyone's cup of tea, but again, put it in there for the element of surprise.

7 - dont know the song. lovely ambient sounds. feeling like im hovering. reminds me of the escapist.

This is the first half of a song called 'Dayvan Cowboy'. Lol it is funny that you thought this was another track as well. The band is called Boards Of Canada. If you like Ambient, check these guys out NOW.

8 - dont know the song. adore the intro. amazing sounds. reminds me of moby. really enjoying this track. awesome guitar.

LOL YOU THOUGHT THIS WAS MOBY, when the unexpected happened earlier LOL:laugh3: :P This is quite frankly also 'Dayvan Cowboy'.

9 - dont know the song. sounding good. the vocals are nice too. this guitar sound is just amazing. badass solo!! - it's too short!!

I can see you are in love with The Smiths then. The song 'How Soon Is Now?' is actually more than 5 mins long, and you want it longer? *handclaps* (Fact: and Johnny Marr could never recreate that guitar sound live, so that's pure legendary)

10 - dont know the song. AMAZING bassline!!!!!! dirty guitar - cool!! is this thom yorke? it sounds like him, i swear. drifting into another dimension now - see you soon!! (amazing sounds btw; weird and creepy as hell).

Of course this is Thom! And it is Radiohead! The B Side is called 'Trans-Atlantic Drawl' and yes, it is quite a dirty guitar fest. And the last bit reminds me of Sigur Ros.

11 - dont know the song. HOLY SHITTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF WAS THIS??? was I kidnapped by a fuc*ing ufo???? like the background piano a lot. amazing chorus too. twenty one pilots? - sounds like them. LOVING this song so so so so much!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA the noise freaked everyone out LOL. This noise is a creepy, slowed down version of the beginning of a NIN track called 'A Warm Place', which is actually soothing as fuck in normal speed. Lol. 'Heavydirtysoul' is the track that follows, and you are correct this is twenty øne piløts!

12 - dont know the song. beautiful ambience - very light. absolutely magical.

This believe it or not is from the Minecraft soundtrack. Yep, the MINECRAFT soundtrack. The guy is talented, he is C418 and the song is titled 'Warmth'.

13 - dont know the song. back to the 8 bit realm - nice. liking the vocals a lot as well as the overall sound. enjoying this song very much too. the mix between the more "traditional" sounds with the more electronic ones is very well achieved. this got a whole lot more interesting now! it sounds so dazzingly cool! LOVING IT!

Kasabian certainly listened to some sort of New Order or Radiohead track for a song like this. It is called 'treat' and certainly returns to a more glitchy video game sound from earlier. I did that for effect;)

14 - dont know the song. beautiful voice. awesome bass. cool guitar. it's a really nice song, but it's missing something, i think.

I love this band so much, don't think you will have heard of them, they are a Leicester band called CLUBS. The song is very COLDPLAY-ish, and is called 'Luminous'. I hope these guys do well in the future. If you want more check out the 'Wild Alive' EP. I do agree it is missing something, but remember these guys are only just getting started.

loved your mixtape. some songs (a lot) more than others, but it's really good overall.

*takes one big amazing bow*

i'll give it a 7.5/10 :D

Generous! Thanks so much both [uSER=101247]@diogo_sg[/uSER] and @flockofbirds222! Looking forward to hear your mixtapes!:P

NEONONON- by arushofjacktothehead

The Tracklisting

(Doves- Intro)

1. LIARS- Mess On A Mission

2. Nine Inch Nails- Ringfinger

3. Queens Of The Stone Age- Kalopsia

(Nine Inch Nails- Help Me I Am In Hell)

4. Jon Hopkins- Colour Eye

5. Pink Floyd- Sum

6. Moby- Someone To Love

7. Boards Of Canada- Dayvan Cowboy

8. The Smiths- How Soon Is Now?

9. Radiohead- Trans-Atlantic Drawl

10. twenty øne piløts- heavydirtysoul

11. C418- Warmth

12. Kasabian- treat

13- CLUBS- Luminous

• Like 1

Guest diogo_sg
Well sorry guys, I'm a tad late!:P

Glasto has been so fun so far, anyways it's now time to reveal my mixtape.

I'll use [uSER=101247]@diogo_sg[/uSER] 's review to comment on.

The beginning is a Doves track called 'Intro'. Lol the actual song to me sounded very retro at first like some sort of video game. It is by a band called LIARS and the song is called 'Mess On A Mission'. Theneedledrop actually put this on his best of year list. I thought I'd stump you with what he was saying in the chorus. Lol.

2 - dont know the song. this sounds amazing!! love this. the vocals are nicer on this one. beautiful sounds - similar to old horror films music. the beat reminds me of songs from the 80s. the beats are weird - not a favourite. AMAZING instrumental outro!!! was the disk broken or smth??

You are right! This song is definitely from the 80's. The disk wasn't broken, it's just some cool sound that Trent Reznor distorted. The track is called 'Ringfinger' by one of my favourite bands Nine Inch Nails. Although it wasnt used in any movie per say, it is by a band who are used to make horror or controversial videos. If you want an example of one of their controversial videos, look up 'Closer', it is a classic. If you're brave enough, search up 'Happiness In Slavery', that video is NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED. And if you want to pee yourself, watch the Broken movie.

3 - dont know the song. calm beginning - like it! badass guitar!!!! loving this song. both the calmer moments and the rockier ones. wonderful outro.

This song is called 'Kalopsia'. It is definitely one of the most soothing in this list. Well the beginning anyway. Reminds me of Queen. It's a coincidence that this band's name is Queens Of The Stone Age. Fact: did you know Trent from NIN made an apperance in this track? He does the harmonies with Josh of QOTSA. And the outro is called 'Help Me I Am In Hell', a NIN track. It's funny that you thought this was the outro lol. Audacity is fun.

4 - dont know the song. cool strange beginning. beautiful piano. oh here we go again to the randomness and the craziness!! it's starting to get a bit...repetitive, tbh. oohh, i like this - sounds like some sort of force field. rainy mood on?

'Colour Eye'? Yeah, this is where my mind goes full on, fuck it lets just be as weird as possible. This track is by Jon Hopkins and is one of the most craziest instrumentals ever, bar none. And the force field comparison is very accurate.

5 - dont know the song. absolutely love the intro. wow this guitar. sounds amazing. enjoying this one very much. are these synths? interesting addition.

Two words: Pink Floyd. One song title: 'Sum'. (And yes, those are synths)

6 - dont know the song. well, this is rocky!!! not a fan of the vocals, tbh. too much screaming. not my type. the guitar solo is actually really cool.

This believe it or not is none other than Moby in his earlier days. The song is called 'Someone To Love', and is very intense. Not everyone's cup of tea, but again, put it in there for the element of surprise.

7 - dont know the song. lovely ambient sounds. feeling like im hovering. reminds me of the escapist.

This is the first half of a song called 'Dayvan Cowboy'. Lol it is funny that you thought this was another track as well. The band is called Boards Of Canada. If you like Ambient, check these guys out NOW.

8 - dont know the song. adore the intro. amazing sounds. reminds me of moby. really enjoying this track. awesome guitar.

LOL YOU THOUGHT THIS WAS MOBY, when the unexpected happened earlier LOL:laugh3:[emoji14]This is quite frankly also 'Dayvan Cowboy'.

9 - dont know the song. sounding good. the vocals are nice too. this guitar sound is just amazing. badass solo!! - it's too short!!

I can see you are in love with The Smiths then. The song 'How Soon Is Now?' is actually more than 5 mins long, and you want it longer? *handclaps* (Fact: and Johnny Marr could never recreate that guitar sound live, so that's pure legendary)

10 - dont know the song. AMAZING bassline!!!!!! dirty guitar - cool!! is this thom yorke? it sounds like him, i swear. drifting into another dimension now - see you soon!! (amazing sounds btw; weird and creepy as hell).

Of course this is Thom! And it is Radiohead! The B Side is called 'Trans-Atlantic Drawl' and yes, it is quite a dirty guitar fest. And the last bit reminds me of Sigur Ros.

11 - dont know the song. HOLY SHITTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF WAS THIS??? was I kidnapped by a fuc*ing ufo???? like the background piano a lot. amazing chorus too. twenty one pilots? - sounds like them. LOVING this song so so so so much!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA the noise freaked everyone out LOL. This noise is a creepy, slowed down version of the beginning of a NIN track called 'A Warm Place', which is actually soothing as fuck in normal speed. Lol. 'Heavydirtysoul' is the track that follows, and you are correct this is twenty øne piløts!

12 - dont know the song. beautiful ambience - very light. absolutely magical.

This believe it or not is from the Minecraft soundtrack. Yep, the MINECRAFT soundtrack. The guy is talented, he is C418 and the song is titled 'Warmth'.

13 - dont know the song. back to the 8 bit realm - nice. liking the vocals a lot as well as the overall sound. enjoying this song very much too. the mix between the more "traditional" sounds with the more electronic ones is very well achieved. this got a whole lot more interesting now! it sounds so dazzingly cool! LOVING IT!

Kasabian certainly listened to some sort of New Order or Radiohead track for a song like this. It is called 'treat' and certainly returns to a more glitchy video game sound from earlier. I did that for effect;)

14 - dont know the song. beautiful voice. awesome bass. cool guitar. it's a really nice song, but it's missing something, i think.

I love this band so much, don't think you will have heard of them, they are a Leicester band called CLUBS. The song is very COLDPLAY-ish, and is called 'Luminous'. I hope these guys do well in the future. If you want more check out the 'Wild Alive' EP. I do agree it is missing something, but remember these guys are only just getting started.

loved your mixtape. some songs (a lot) more than others, but it's really good overall.

*takes one big amazing bow*

i'll give it a 7.5/10 :D

Generous! Thanks so much both [uSER=101247]@diogo_sg[/uSER] and @flockofbirds222! Looking forward to hear your mixtapes!:P

NEONONON- by arushofjacktothehead

The Tracklisting

(Doves- Intro)

1. LIARS- Mess On A Mission

2. Nine Inch Nails- Ringfinger

3. Queens Of The Stone Age- Kalopsia

(Nine Inch Nails- Help Me I Am In Hell)

4. Jon Hopkins- Colour Eye

5. Pink Floyd- Sum

6. Moby- Someone To Love

7. Boards Of Canada- Dayvan Cowboy

8. The Smiths- How Soon Is Now?

9. Radiohead- Trans-Atlantic Drawl

10. twenty øne piløts- heavydirtysoul

11. C418- Warmth

12. Kasabian- treat

13- CLUBS- Luminous

Awesome! Will definitely listen to your mixtape again and check the artists you included. You could understand by my review that I'm not 'used' to listen to those artists (except maybe Pink Floyd, even though I didn't know that song) and genres, but I did enjoy them very much and hope to include some of them in future playlists [emoji6]

My mixtape is finished and I can't wait to send it out. I'm also very excited to listen to the other mixtapes you guys are preparing (have prepared). I'll just let you know that most artists I included in my mixtape are a lot more 'obvious' (hopefully not too much, though) than those @arushofjacktothehead included in his [emoji4]

Guest diogo_sg

EDIT: i'm TERRIBLY SORRY TO YOU ALL!!!!! I'm currently on holidays without a viable internet signal so I'm only going to send my mixtape by the end of the week (probably on sunday night) when I get back home. SO SO SORRY AGAIN TO ALL OF YOU!!! :embarrassed: :(

I received my mixtape a few hours ago and couldn't wait to listen to it. It is called "Walk With Me" and has a beautiful coldplay-inspired kaleidoscope cover. [emoji4]

I gotta say, @arushofjacktothehead chose the right person to make the mixtape for me, I liked it a lot and didn't want it to end! [emoji16]

This time I wrote a review right while listening, sorry if it's a little confusing!

1. I love it already! I really like the beat and the guitar… The verses and beginning of the chorus are my favorite parts.

9/10

2. I don't really like the uhuhuh in the intro… Oh the bass! And the guitar sounds great! Again… I don't really like the uuuhuhuh part, but the rest is great! 8.5/10

3. I like her voice! Beautiful short piece. I love how it fades into the next song! 7/10

4. Is it the same singer as 3? I like the acoustic guitar. The song seems so cheerful somehow and then it seems sad… I like it a lot, especially the chorus! I don't like the outro that much.

8.5/10

5. I love guitar! And I like his voice. I love the short part that is sung high!

8/10

6. Uh what's that? The drums are interesting… Omg when the piano started! I love it! The singing is not my thing… I like how it builds up towards the end!

7/10

7. I know this song for sure! I just don't remember who the artist is or what it's called… it's not exactly my thing

4/10

8. WOW I didn't expect this after the intro! The beat and drums! Awesome! Something totally different but that's exactly what makes me like it!

8/10

9. I know this! It's The 1975! Oh I love them! The guitar, everything! It's Paris, right? No words, it's perfect! I love the melanchonic feeling about this song! 10/10

10. I love the guitar (guitars are my thing you see) and bass, especially the second half is really beautiful!

8.5/10

11. The gentle guitar and voice really gets me! OK the bells remind me of Christmas lol I like how it's getting low towards the end. The outro is awkward.. 7/10

12. Again - the guitar<3 I like the melody, the chorus is really really great! Beautiful out to.

9/10

13. I don't like the intro, it sounds like someone is breathing in my ear lol - but I like the piano a lot, so sad somehow. Is this Radiohead? I like the drums that just started. There's something scary about this song, That awkward sound in the background… apart from that I love it.

8/10

14. Who's this? I wasn't sure about it at first, the speech seemed discouraging at first, but I actually like the message in the end, keep moving forward!

(Not gonna rate this with numbers)

15. Oh coldplay<333 Life Is For Living is actually not one of my favorite cp songs, but I love the lyrics and it's really good for a closer! 10/10

I counted all the numbers together and get a 8/10, which is pretty much my overall impression as well.

I don't know if that's what it's supposed to mean, but I like the title "Walk With Me", it's like you're going through different emotions with and through the music.

Thanks for the great mixtape whoever made it! [emoji4]

• Like 1

Hey, so it's pretty late here but I've nothing else to do so I'm gonna review the mixtape that I recieved...

It is entitled Mystery Box and came with cool cover art of weird neon lines/cables :)

1). Ambient guitar intro, with Latin american percussion.... building now with a harp, sorta like Florence and the machine... pounding drums, cymbal crashes!

Like it a lot, wish it was longer - 8/10

2). Guitar, Bass and drums... I know straight away this is the Chili Peppers! Don't know the song itself but love the groove :D

8/10

3). Weird distorted guitar with shaker, low voice... it's Bono... not a U2 fan so I don't know the track... he's singing about losing himself in the "summer rain"... drums come in now; not really my thing - 3/10

4). COLDPLAY! I recognised it straight away, it's Only Superstition! Not much else to be said :D - 10/10

5). Twinkling noise, with seagulls... drums and chanting, synth brass... FLORENCE! I'd know her voice anywhere! Can't remember the name of the tune but I love it :D - 10/10

6). Straight away, guitar and percussion... sounds sort of Indian influences! Definitely the voice of Guy Garvey, of Elbow! Not sure if its an Elbow song or one of his solo projects but still good - 7/10

7). Guitar, drums and bass... same rhythm looking now power chords... sort of a punk vibe to it... Sounds like Pearl Jam or AC DC, not too sure... not really my thing either so - 3/10

8). Ambient marimba, with a weird swooshing sound, guitar... it's ODE TO DEODERANT! 10/10

9). Electric guitar starting us off... bit of bass and drums, building, building...nice loop... sort of a crackling noise... rock breakdown; back into the original loop... very punk-esque and very repetitive - 2/10

10). Guitar starting once again, reverb - very 70s! Love it! Drums and the backward effects, like Jimi Hendrix and Thin Lizzy - 8/10

11). Drums, guitar and an American voice... very 90s alt rock... "I know which I like and which one I hate"... weird piano over a drum and guitar pattern now with the vocals just starting... interesting and I like it! Very unique :) 7/10

12). Guitar and drums to start... it's only the Chili Peppers again! Love them anyway 8/10

13). Drums, percussion and chanting... now guitar... sound British, don't know it at all! "You might as well face it your addicted to drugs", well I'm not but okay! - 4/10

14). Violin, guitar and a bass run/riff... now a more prominent guitar and piano, drums and synth...very rock now, syncopated kick pattern... sounds like Muse which are again not appealing to me :( 3/10

15). Guitar and bass with a clean vocal and drums.... sort of like Catfish and the bottlemen but it's not them, kind of repetitive with a weird cut off intro - 5/10

16). This has to be Tame Impala, if not it's very similar... drum machine look with acoustic guitar and some synths, very weird tune... I don't think it's Tame Impala now actually but the vocals at the start were somewhat similar - 4/10

17). Synth with a light glockenspiel melody, U2 again...now acoustic guitar and electric... not that bad overall, even though the outro is a bit weird and goes on for too long - 5/10

18). THE LAST TRACK! Synths, drum machines... weird synths... light voice singing over the noise, I didn't like the intro but it goes into a piano driven and drum chorus, sort of like The Killers and the vocalist sounds different during it... 7/10

CONCLUSION:

Now although I didn't like some of the tracks that were on this mixtape, the ones that I did like were great so for that I would give it a 7/10 overall! Thank you to whoever made this tape as I can tell a lot of effort went into it :D Can't wait to find out the names of the tracks and whoever made it!

Sent from my SM-G361F using Coldplaying mobile app

• Like 1

Guest diogo_sg

Sent my mixtape today (so sorry for the delay!!). Can't wait to listen to and review the one I recieved :D

Guest diogo_sg

hey everyone! i've just finished listening to the mixtape i was sent. it's called Away From Life and the cover is a photo of a road, with some plants on the edge and the sea(?) on the background (did you take the photo yourself??)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

here's what I wrote while listening to the mixtape I was sent (again, i apologize for this AWFUL MESS i dare to call "review":

1 - dont know the song. very powerful voice. this is beautiful, really. i'm loving this song - the beat, the piano, the vocals, the atmosphere, everything is amazing!

2 - dont know the song. not a big fan of the beat in this one. the vocals aren't my thing as well. oohh, i like this part (1:50 - 2:00)! it was okay; not a favourite.

3 - dont know the song. mysterious intro - dark!! wow! - this guitar+piano sound is amazing! and this beat!! love it! maroon 5?? sounds like adam levine... i'm enjoying this song a lot, to be honest. all these voices sound very cool. beautiful!!!

4 - dont know the song. i like the beginning so so so much!!!!! this sounds awesome!! dan reynolds?? is this amsterdam by imagine dragons?? i had never heard this song before, actually - it's very nice!! gorgeous chorus! cool bridge too!

5 - dont know the song. love the guitar; the beat not so much (it's still nice, though). the vocals aren't exactly my thing too. i quite like the ending part, though. it's an okay song - like the second track, it isn't a favourite of mine.

6 - dont know the song. cool!!! love the electronic sound!! i think i know this song, actually, but i can't remember the title nor from who it is :embarrassed: this sounds dazzlingly amazing!! I LOVE THIS! nice beat. loving the atmosphere - it's light and lovely. i'm really getting away from life here...

7 - dont know the song. interesting sound. a very nice track with a neat ambient sound. oh wow!!!! this sounds awesome!! cool beat, cool vocals, AMAZING sound! wasn't expecting this at all!! haha! i love it!

8 - dont know the song. beautiful beginning - sounds amazing! i'm not crazy about the vocals, though. this is nice (the chorus)!! love the bridge. sudden end (reminds me of Birds...). it's a good song.

9 - dont know the song. dan reynolds? imagine dragons again. the beat isn't my thing, but the chorus is VERY nice and epic. this sounds amazing (the ooooohhs). violin - lovely. beautiful guitar sound at the end.

10 - dont know the song. amazing guitar. like the vocals too. WOW!! nice drums!!!! it's an okay song; it's missing something, i think.

11 - dont know the song. beautiful guitar and vocals. it's a bit similar to the previous track, i think. awesome drums and guitar at around 2:20!

12 - dont know the song. cool guitar and drums. adam levine? maroon 5 again. i like it a lot, actually. the guitar in the background is awesome! the beat sounds like Clocks' at around 2:35. cool guitar fading.

13 - dont know the song. like the guitar and the vocals. love the drums (and the beat), but the song itself isn't my thing, to be honest.

14 - i know this (FINALLY)!!!! nickleback!! i kinda like this song, but it isn't my favourite thing in the world. this song is played many times on the radio here in portugal... many... many times.

15 - dont know the song. strange beginning and atmosphere. the vocals arent my thing. it got a whole lot rockier now!! still, it isn't one of my favourites. this sounds cool (~2:25-~2:30).

16 - dont know the song. not my thing, to be honest. that guitar(?) sound in the background is nice, though.

17 - dont know the song. like the guitar. not a fan of the vocals. this is nice, though (1:00-1:10). nice sound (~1:45)!! cool drums (~2:00)!!

18 - dont know the song. like the intro and the vocals. nice drums! not a big fan of the song itself, though.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

there were some songs i appreciated more than others. there were a few i reeeeeally liked and others i didn't particularly enjoy. i'll give it a 6/10 :earmuffs:

That was my mixtape, thanks for reviewing! :)

I'll comment a little on the songs and reveal the tracklist.

hey everyone! i've just finished listening to the mixtape i was sent. it's called Away From Life and the cover is a photo of a road, with some plants on the edge and the sea(?) on the background (did you take the photo yourself??)

Yup, I took it a while ago in Spain while in the the car. I came across it again and thought it could fit quite well.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------here's what I wrote while listening to the mixtape I was sent (again, i apologize for this AWFUL MESS i dare to call "review":1 - dont know the song. very powerful voice. this is beautiful, really. i'm loving this song - the beat, the piano, the vocals, the atmosphere, everything is amazing!

Half The Man - Rozzi Crane

I LOVE her voice, I'm usually more into male singers and bands not solo singers, but I really like her a lot. This us probably my favorite song by her. I first wasn't sure if I should include it/if it would fit with the rest of my mixtape, but I just couldn't leave it out. Check out Rozzi Crane's YouTube channel if you feel like, she has many great covers and songs on there!

2 - dont know the song. not a big fan of the beat in this one. the vocals aren't my thing as well. oohh, i like this part (1:50 - 2:00)! it was okay; not a favourite.

The Golden Floor - Snow Patrol

I really wanted to include a Snow Patrol song, but a rather unknown one, so I choose this because it's from my favorite of their albums (Up To Now) and I I like the dark sound and instruments in it.

3 - dont know the song. mysterious intro - dark!! wow! - this guitar+piano sound is amazing! and this beat!! love it! maroon 5?? sounds like adam levine... i'm enjoying this song a lot, to be honest. all these voices sound very cool. beautiful!!!

Secret - Maroon 5

You were right, it's Maroon 5. The dark and mysterious sound is what I love about it so much as well, it's one of my favorites. The song is from their first album, which I find has a really special sound that I like a lot (I miss that sometimes:sad:).

4 - dont know the song. i like the beginning so so so much!!!!! this sounds awesome!! dan reynolds?? is this amsterdam by imagine dragons?? i had never heard this song before, actually - it's very nice!! gorgeous chorus! cool bridge too!

Amsterdam - Imagine Dragons

Yes, you guessed right! I actually first listened to this song properly because of Coldplay’s Amsterdam lol. I just love everything about it, especially the guitar and the melody.

5 - dont know the song. love the guitar; the beat not so much (it's still nice, though). the vocals aren't exactly my thing too. i quite like the ending part, though. it's an okay song - like the second track, it isn't a favourite of mine.

Mayflies - Benjamin Francis Leftwich

I love the guitar (and instruments in general) in this song and I feel like I've landed in a different world when I listen to it. I've been pretty addicted to this song recently. I'm not such a huge fan of his voice either, but I enjoy many if his songs because they have something special about them.

6 - dont know the song. cool!!! love the electronic sound!! i think i know this song, actually, but i can't remember the title nor from who it is :embarrassed: this sounds dazzlingly amazing!! I LOVE THIS! nice beat. loving the atmosphere - it's light and lovely. i'm really getting away from life here...

Daydream - Youth Lagoon

I’m surprised you've already heard this song, I thought it was pretty unknown! I found it quite a while ago in some playlist in spotify and somehow it has always stuck with me, the atmosphere about it is so amazing and unique as you pointed out as well!

7 - dont know the song. interesting sound. a very nice track with a neat ambient sound. oh wow!!!! this sounds awesome!! cool beat, cool vocals, AMAZING sound! wasn't expecting this at all!! haha! i love it!

The 1975 - Menswear

I'm REALLY into the 1975 recently, I could have included around 10 of their songs lol. I chose Menswear because it's one of my favorites and really special imo, I just LOVE how you'd expect it to be a rather quite instrumental song and then those incredible vocals start!

8 - dont know the song. beautiful beginning - sounds amazing! i'm not crazy about the vocals, though. this is nice (the chorus)!! love the bridge. sudden end (reminds me of Birds...). it's a good song.

Calm Down - Bombee

Another song I found in some spotify playlist, actually really shortly before I finished the mixtape. The vocals aren't necessarily my favorite either but I really love the sound of the song.

Later I actually found out that the band seems to be from Germany (where I'm from), I totally didn't expect this… all their songs seem to be in English though.

9 - dont know the song. dan reynolds? imagine dragons again. the beat isn't my thing, but the chorus is VERY nice and epic. this sounds amazing (the ooooohhs). violin - lovely. beautiful guitar sound at the end.

Dream - Imagine Dragons

This song instantly touched my heart somehow when I first heard it. It's really sad and a little bit hopeful at the same time. and the lyrics are really amazing IMO, that's probably what I like most about it.

10 - dont know the song. amazing guitar. like the vocals too. WOW!! nice drums!!!! it's an okay song; it's missing something, i think.

Ever Enough - A Rocket To The Moon

I like this band a lot, sadly they already broke up a few years ago. This is my favorite song by them, it's probably the guitar and drums for me as well. And I really like the melody.

11 - dont know the song. beautiful guitar and vocals. it's a bit similar to the previous track, i think. awesome drums and guitar at around 2:20!

September - Daughtry

I really like Daughtry, this song has something kind of melanchonic about it. I really like the guitar and his voice (and the melody again)

12 - dont know the song. cool guitar and drums. adam levine? maroon 5 again. i like it a lot, actually. the guitar in the background is awesome! the beat sounds like Clocks' at around 2:35. cool guitar fading.

Story - Maroon 5

The guitar in this song is everything for me. It's actually a rather old B-Side by Maroon 5, but I think it's their most underrated song. Omg I never realized that that part sounded like Clocks, but it really does a lot!

13 - dont know the song. like the guitar and the vocals. love the drums (and the beat), but the song itself isn't my thing, to be honest.

While World Let Go - A Rocket To The Moon

I think this is a bonus track or something, but it's one of my favorites actually. I guess their music is not everybody's thing, but the melodies and guitar in many songs really get me.

14 - i know this (FINALLY)!!!! nickleback!! i kinda like this song, but it isn't my favourite thing in the world. this song is played many times on the radio here in portugal... many... many times.

Far Away - Nickelback

I didn't know this song was so famous, I don't think I ever heard it on the radio here, that's why thought it might be a good idea to include it. I just die every time the riff starts, I love it so much lol.

15 - dont know the song. strange beginning and atmosphere. the vocals arent my thing. it got a whole lot rockier now!! still, it isn't one of my favourites. this sounds cool (~2:25-~2:30).

Little Bit Love - Sunrise Avenue

Sunrise Avenue are pretty famous here, their music actually isn't my favorite thing, but I love this song. I think it's maybe also because I connect some memories with it.

16 - dont know the song. not my thing, to be honest. that guitar(?) sound in the background is nice, though.

She (For Liz) - Parachute

Can we first take a second to appreciate the fact that the band is called Parachute?:D It reminds me of Coldplay every time tbh.

I love that guitar sound you mentioned a lot about this song, it has so much energy imo. I quite like the band so I wanted to include one of their songs, they're a bit like a mixture of Pop-Rock and Soul/RnB.

I wonder who Liz is though. :D

17 - dont know the song. like the guitar. not a fan of the vocals. this is nice, though (1:00-1:10). nice sound (~1:45)!! cool drums (~2:00)!!

Sail Away - Artist Vs Poet

I chose this song because I love he melody and how it builds up, I just really love this song. I also really like the band (even though they're really unknown), especially their album ‘Favorite Fix’. Their songs are some kind of mixture between Pop-Rock and Pop-Punk I'd say. And recently I found out that they also did a cover of Strawberry Swing which made me like them even more cause it means they appreciate cp’s music :D

18 - dont know the song. like the intro and the vocals. nice drums! not a big fan of the song itself, though.

Bigger Than Love - My Favorite Highway

A pretty unknown band as well, I think they have only one album but I like pretty much every song on it. The intro probably is my favorite part as well and I like the melody and instruments, but the main reason why I chose this song for the closer of my mixtape are its lyrics/message.:loveshower:

Here's the tracklist in compact form:

1. Half The Man - Rozzi Crane

2. The Golden Floor - Snow Patrol

3. Secret - Maroon 5

4. Amsterdam - Imagine Dragons

5. Mayflies - Benjamin Francis Leftwich

6. Daydream - Youth Lagoon

7. Menswear - The 1975

8. Calm Down - Bombee

9. Dream - Imagine Dragons

10. Ever Enough - A Rocket To The Moon

11. September - Daughtry

12. Story - Maroon 5

13. While The World Let Go - A Rocket To The Moon

14. Far Away - Nickelback

15. Little Bit Love - Sunrise Avenue

16. She (For Liz) - Parachute

17. Sail Away - Artist Vs Poet

18. Bigger Than Love - My Favorite Highway

And here's the link for everyone to download:

https://mega.nz/#!55x3GZiR!aZX2HcTyybbnFcUKe55vElFgxazImzugb3OT47xOz_E

Guest diogo_sg
That was my mixtape, thanks for reviewing! :)

I'll comment a little on the songs and reveal the tracklist.

Yup, I took it a while ago in Spain while in the the car. I came across it again and thought it could fit quite well.

Half The Man - Rozzi Crane

I LOVE her voice, I'm usually more into male singers and bands not solo singers, but I really like her a lot. This us probably my favorite song by her. I first wasn't sure if I should include it/if it would fit with the rest of my mixtape, but I just couldn't leave it out. Check out Rozzi Crane's YouTube channel if you feel like, she has many great covers and songs on there!

The Golden Floor - Snow Patrol

I really wanted to include a Snow Patrol song, but a rather unknown one, so I choose this because it's from my favorite of their albums (Up To Now) and I I like the dark sound and instruments in it.

Secret - Maroon 5

You were right, it's Maroon 5. The dark and mysterious sound is what I love about it so much as well, it's one of my favorites. The song is from their first album, which I find has a really special sound that I like a lot (I miss that sometimes:sad:).

Amsterdam - Imagine Dragons

Yes, you guessed right! I actually first listened to this song properly because of Coldplay’s Amsterdam lol. I just love everything about it, especially the guitar and the melody.

Mayflies - Benjamin Francis Leftwich

I love the guitar (and instruments in general) in this song and I feel like I've landed in a different world when I listen to it. I've been pretty addicted to this song recently. I'm not such a huge fan of his voice either, but I enjoy many if his songs because they have something special about them.

Daydream - Youth Lagoon

I’m surprised you've already heard this song, I thought it was pretty unknown! I found it quite a while ago in some playlist in spotify and somehow it has always stuck with me, the atmosphere about it is so amazing and unique as you pointed out as well!

The 1975 - Menswear

I'm REALLY into the 1975 recently, I could have included around 10 of their songs lol. I chose Menswear because it's one of my favorites and really special imo, I just LOVE how you'd expect it to be a rather quite instrumental song and then those incredible vocals start!

Calm Down - Bombee

Another song I found in some spotify playlist, actually really shortly before I finished the mixtape. The vocals aren't necessarily my favorite either but I really love the sound of the song.

Later I actually found out that the band seems to be from Germany (where I'm from), I totally didn't expect this… all their songs seem to be in English though.

Dream - Imagine Dragons

This song instantly touched my heart somehow when I first heard it. It's really sad and a little bit hopeful at the same time. and the lyrics are really amazing IMO, that's probably what I like most about it.

Ever Enough - A Rocket To The Moon

I like this band a lot, sadly they already broke up a few years ago. This is my favorite song by them, it's probably the guitar and drums for me as well. And I really like the melody.

September - Daughtry

I really like Daughtry, this song has something kind of melanchonic about it. I really like the guitar and his voice (and the melody again)

Story - Maroon 5

The guitar in this song is everything for me. It's actually a rather old B-Side by Maroon 5, but I think it's their most underrated song. Omg I never realized that that part sounded like Clocks, but it really does a lot!

While World Let Go - A Rocket To The Moon

I think this is a bonus track or something, but it's one of my favorites actually. I guess their music is not everybody's thing, but the melodies and guitar in many songs really get me.

Far Away - Nickelback

I didn't know this song was so famous, I don't think I ever heard it on the radio here, that's why thought it might be a good idea to include it. I just die every time the riff starts, I love it so much lol.

Little Bit Love - Sunrise Avenue

Sunrise Avenue are pretty famous here, their music actually isn't my favorite thing, but I love this song. I think it's maybe also because I connect some memories with it.

She (For Liz) - Parachute

Can we first take a second to appreciate the fact that the band is called Parachute?:D It reminds me of Coldplay every time tbh.

I love that guitar sound you mentioned a lot about this song, it has so much energy imo. I quite like the band so I wanted to include one of their songs, they're a bit like a mixture of Pop-Rock and Soul/RnB.

I wonder who Liz is though. :D

Sail Away - Artist Vs Poet

I chose this song because I love he melody and how it builds up, I just really love this song. I also really like the band (even though they're really unknown), especially their album ‘Favorite Fix’. Their songs are some kind of mixture between Pop-Rock and Pop-Punk I'd say. And recently I found out that they also did a cover of Strawberry Swing which made me like them even more cause it means they appreciate cp’s music :D

Bigger Than Love - My Favorite Highway

A pretty unknown band as well, I think they have only one album but I like pretty much every song on it. The intro probably is my favorite part as well and I like the melody and instruments, but the main reason why I chose this song for the closer of my mixtape are its lyrics/message.:loveshower:

Here's the tracklist in compact form:

1. Half The Man - Rozzi Crane

2. The Golden Floor - Snow Patrol

3. Secret - Maroon 5

4. Amsterdam - Imagine Dragons

5. Mayflies - Benjamin Francis Leftwich

6. Daydream - Youth Lagoon

7. Menswear - The 1975

8. Calm Down - Bombee

9. Dream - Imagine Dragons

10. Ever Enough - A Rocket To The Moon

11. September - Daughtry

12. Story - Maroon 5

13. While The World Let Go - A Rocket To The Moon

14. Far Away - Nickelback

15. Little Bit Love - Sunrise Avenue

16. She (For Liz) - Parachute

17. Sail Away - Artist Vs Poet

18. Bigger Than Love - My Favorite Highway

And here's the link for everyone to download:

https://mega.nz/#!55x3GZiR!aZX2HcTyybbnFcUKe55vElFgxazImzugb3OT47xOz_E

Wonderful! Thank you for your great mixtape - you included some amazing songs there! [emoji1]

Since I haven’t received my mixtape yet, I’m gonna reveal & review the one I sent.

Hey @atlas2000 , I made your mixtape! This is my 2nd exchange and I wanted to show people b-sides/less known music from my fav artists. The name Mystery Box – Supercalifragilistic is just a funny thing that came up while I was putting it together, referencing Mary Poppins and RHCP’s song Right On Time. That cover art is from an exhibition I went, those psychedelic/3d-ish cables seemed fitting to the theme.

1). Ambient guitar intro, with Latin american percussion.... building now with a harp, sorta like Florence and the machine... pounding drums, cymbal crashes! Like it a lot, wish it was longer - 8/10

#1 Florence + The Machine – Bird Song Intro B-side from Lungs. This one for me is like LiTi or AIMH intro, an opener with a nice ‘crescendo’ feel and those initial beats sounds like clocks waking you up for an amazing day. Fun fact: the actual Bird Song is totally different from its intro LOL.

2). Guitar, Bass and drums... I know straight away this is the Chili Peppers! Don't know the song itself but love the groove - 8/10

#2 Red Hot Chili Peppers – Million Miles Of Water B-side from Stadium Arcadium. RHCP’s finest pop rock-ish song, I love the harmonies John is doing in backing vocals and Flea’s subtle beautiful bass riffs. Always put me in a great mood.

3). Weird distorted guitar with shaker, low voice... it's Bono... not a U2 fan so I don't know the track... he's singing about losing himself in the "summer rain"... drums come in now; not really my thing - 3/10

#3 U2 – Summer Rain B-side from All You Can’t Leave Behind. It has a vacation-trip feel to it, almost acoustic song and great lines from Bono: “Just as you find me, always I will be, a little bit too free with myself” “It's not where you're born, It's where you belong. It's not how weak, but what will make you strong”

4). COLDPLAY! I recognised it straight away, it's Only Superstition! Not much else to be said - 10/10

#4 Coldplay – Only Superstition From Brothers & Sisters EP. Man, I LOVE THAT GUITAR RIFF! Youngplay, Radiohead-ish, Will’s drumming in this one is a bit different from his ‘normal’ style. It reminds me of GPASUYF.

5). Twinkling noise, with seagulls... drums and chanting, synth brass... FLORENCE! I'd know her voice anywhere! Can't remember the name of the tune but I love it - 10/10

#5 Florence + The Machine – Heartlines From Ceremonials. Florence songs have the mystical feel to it, humming birds, percussion, harp. A powerful chorus “just keep following the heartlines on your hand”, so uplifting.

6). Straight away, guitar and percussion... sounds sort of Indian influences! Definitely the voice of Guy Garvey, of Elbow! Not sure if its an Elbow song or one of his solo projects but still good - 7/10

#6 Elbow – The Bones Of You From The Seldom Seen Kid. A more complex song, another one that captivated me by its harmonies. Minor chords and heavy/dropped tuned guitars. Guy’s elaborated vocals and his smooth voice are perfect.

7). Guitar, drums and bass... same rhythm looking now power chords... sort of a punk vibe to it... Sounds like Pearl Jam or AC DC, not too sure... not really my thing either so - 3/10

#7 Audioslave – Drown Me Slowly From Out Of Exile. Now back to rockier songs, Tom Morello’s characteristic guitars and Chris Cornell’s raspy voice just make me go headbanging LOL. My fav part is the bridge progression (“Don't let them take you down, you'll leave a better world than you found “)

8). Ambient marimba, with a weird swooshing sound, guitar... it's ODE TO DEODERANT! 10/10

#8 Coldplay – Ode To Deodorant From Brothers & Sisters EP. MY ALL TIME FAVOURITE B-SIDE. Jonny boy is killing with that riff, Chris again with his Radiohead-ish vocals. The lyrics reminds me of Zooropa (U2), where the 1st lines are slogans from famous brands. My fav part is the outro

9). Electric guitar starting us off... bit of bass and drums, building, building...nice loop... sort of a crackling noise... rock breakdown; back into the original loop... very punk-esque and very repetitive - 2/10

#9 Muse – Minimum B-side from Showbiz. Instrumental song with a groovy bass riff, Matt Bellamy is one of my fav guitarists ever. Another one that makes me headbang the sh*t out of it hahaha Fun fact: u can hear a telephone ringing in the background in the end.

10). Guitar starting once again, reverb - very 70s! Love it! Drums and the backward effects, like Jimi Hendrix and Thin Lizzy - 8/10

#10 The Jimi Hendrix Experience – Castles Made Of Sand From Axis: Bold As Love. Yes, the great Jimi. I was introduced to his music, indirectly, by the Chilis and that psychedelic-reverb feel are totally my thing. Simple lyrics but meaningful.

11). Drums, guitar and an American voice... very 90s alt rock... "I know which I like and which one I hate"... weird piano over a drum and guitar pattern now with the vocals just starting... interesting and I like it! Very unique 7/10

#11 John Frusciante – Wishing From The Will To Death. John Frusciante’s solo career have many moments, in this he was still doing “traditional” alternative rock. That piano rhythm always reminds me of rain. My fav part is the “never change to fire if you’re ice, even if you melt on a table and dry”. Fun fact: he recorded almost all of the instruments, along with Josh Klinghoffer – current RHCP guitarist.

12). Guitar and drums to start... it's only the Chili Peppers again! Love them anyway 8/10

#12 Red Hot Chili Peppers – Quixoticelixer B-side from Californication. Classical RHCP-style song, Anthony pseudo rapping singing, funk rhythm guitar, John’s back vocals, Flea’s bass… I like the way it changes at 2:47, speeds up and drums get bigger.

13). Drums, percussion and chanting... now guitar... sound British, don't know it at all! "You might as well face it your addicted to drugs", well I'm not but okay! - 4/10

#13 Kaiser Chiefs – Addicted To Drugs From Off With Their Heads. A cool british alternative rock song, although the lyrics are not great, the chorus bass riff is awesome and cowbell thing is something that few bands use nowadays.

14). Violin, guitar and a bass run/riff... now a more prominent guitar and piano, drums and synth...very rock now, syncopated kick pattern... sounds like Muse which are again not appealing to me 3/10

#14 Muse – Glorious B-side from Black Holes And Revelations. The main piano/guitar riff is very catchy, progressive rock and has a bit of classical music in it. I just love the way it gets bigger on 1:56 to “…We, too, could be glorious”. My fav b-side from Muse, also sounds very videogame-ish soundtrack (like Final Fantasy and stuff).

15). Guitar and bass with a clean vocal and drums.... sort of like Catfish and the bottlemen but it's not them, kind of repetitive with a weird cut off intro - 5/10

#15 Royal Blood – You Want Me B-side from Royal Blood. This is actually a two-man band, the bassist uses a distortion that duplicates riffs on higher tunes (to sound like electric guitar). U can see that they’re influenced by RHCP, Muse and Metallica. I like the old style rock’n’roll of it.

16). This has to be Tame Impala, if not it's very similar... drum machine look with acoustic guitar and some synths, very weird tune... I don't think it's Tame Impala now actually but the vocals at the start were somewhat similar - 4/10

#16 John Frusciante – Moments Have You From To Record Only Water For Ten Days. Nice alt. rock ballad, John likes to record everything by himself, so he uses lots of electronic samples. The best part for me is the acoustic guitar & chords.

17). Synth with a light glockenspiel melody, U2 again...now acoustic guitar and electric... not that bad overall, even though the outro is a bit weird and goes on for too long - 5/10

#17 U2 – Electrical Storm B-side from All That You Can’t Leave Behind. Another song that reminds me of summer, holidays and stuff. The Edge’s acoustic guitars are the main character, Bono’s lyrics again are a perfect fit and that solo/outro riff actually gives me eargasm :awesome:

18). THE LAST TRACK! Synths, drum machines... weird synths... light voice singing over the noise, I didn't like the intro but it goes into a piano driven and drum chorus, sort of like The Killers and the vocalist sounds different during it... 7/10

#18 Foster The People – The Truth From Supermodel. Very synth/prog rock, drumming-percussion creates an interesting atmosphere. I just love the way Mark Foster’s voice can go from too low to falsetto and the end is very powerful “The truth stands in the end…” Felt right to end with this one too.

CONCLUSION:Now although I didn't like some of the tracks that were on this mixtape, the ones that I did like were great so for that I would give it a 7/10 overall! Thank you to whoever made this tape as I can tell a lot of effort went into it

I can see that this playlist is not an easy listening, tried to put similar elements together but I didn’t wanted to sound as the same song over and over. I had a great experience doin’ it though, can’t wait for next year’s :bliss:

[spoiler=tracklist,download & artwork]Mystery%20Box.jpg

Mystery Box - Supercalifragilistic

1. Florence + The Machine – Bird Song Intro

2. Red Hot Chili Peppers – Million Miles Of Water

3. U2 – Summer Rain

4. Coldplay – Only Superstition

5. Florence + The Machine – Heartlines

6. Elbow – The Bones Of You

7. Audioslave – Drown Me Slowly

8. Coldplay – Ode To Deodorant

9. Muse – Minimum

10. The Jimi Hendrix Experience – Castles Made Of Sand

11. John Frusciante – Wishing

12. Red Hot Chili Peppers – Quixoticelixer

13. Kaiser Chiefs – Addicted To Drugs

14. Muse – Glorious

15. Royal Blood – You Want Me

16. John Frusciante – Moments Have You

17. U2 – Electrical Storm [William Orbit Mix]

18. Foster The People – The Truth

Full length: 68mins

download: https://mega.nz/#!DYsBhCSI!s0rljLVBWfsXqDggmjlHA6OGw_r8Ropwdsj0eDVzjX4

• Like 2

Guest diogo_sg
Since I haven’t received my mixtape yet, I’m gonna reveal & review the one I sent.

Hey @atlas2000 , I made your mixtape! This is my 2nd exchange and I wanted to show people b-sides/less known music from my fav artists. The name Mystery Box – Supercalifragilistic is just a funny thing that came up while I was putting it together, referencing Mary Poppins and RHCP’s song Right On Time. That cover art is from an exhibition I went, those psychedelic/3d-ish cables seemed fitting to the theme.

#1 Florence + The Machine – Bird Song Intro B-side from Lungs. This one for me is like LiTi or AIMH intro, an opener with a nice ‘crescendo’ feel and those initial beats sounds like clocks waking you up for an amazing day. Fun fact: the actual Bird Song is totally different from its intro LOL.

#2 Red Hot Chili Peppers – Million Miles Of Water B-side from Stadium Arcadium. RHCP’s finest pop rock-ish song, I love the harmonies John is doing in backing vocals and Flea’s subtle beautiful bass riffs. Always put me in a great mood.

#3 U2 – Summer Rain B-side from All You Can’t Leave Behind. It has a vacation-trip feel to it, almost acoustic song and great lines from Bono: “Just as you find me, always I will be, a little bit too free with myself” “It's not where you're born, It's where you belong. It's not how weak, but what will make you strong”

#4 Coldplay – Only Superstition From Brothers & Sisters EP. Man, I LOVE THAT GUITAR RIFF! Youngplay, Radiohead-ish, Will’s drumming in this one is a bit different from his ‘normal’ style. It reminds me of GPASUYF.

#5 Florence + The Machine – Heartlines From Ceremonials. Florence songs have the mystical feel to it, humming birds, percussion, harp. A powerful chorus “just keep following the heartlines on your hand”, so uplifting.

#6 Elbow – The Bones Of You From The Seldom Seen Kid. A more complex song, another one that captivated me by its harmonies. Minor chords and heavy/dropped tuned guitars. Guy’s elaborated vocals and his smooth voice are perfect.

#7 Audioslave – Drown Me Slowly From Out Of Exile. Now back to rockier songs, Tom Morello’s characteristic guitars and Chris Cornell’s raspy voice just make me go headbanging LOL. My fav part is the bridge progression (“Don't let them take you down, you'll leave a better world than you found “)

#8 Coldplay – Ode To Deodorant From Brothers & Sisters EP. MY ALL TIME FAVOURITE B-SIDE. Jonny boy is killing with that riff, Chris again with his Radiohead-ish vocals. The lyrics reminds me of Zooropa (U2), where the 1st lines are slogans from famous brands. My fav part is the outro

#9 Muse – Minimum B-side from Showbiz. Instrumental song with a groovy bass riff, Matt Bellamy is one of my fav guitarists ever. Another one that makes me headbang the sh*t out of it hahaha Fun fact: u can hear a telephone ringing in the background in the end.

#10 The Jimi Hendrix Experience – Castles Made Of Sand From Axis: Bold As Love. Yes, the great Jimi. I was introduced to his music, indirectly, by the Chilis and that psychedelic-reverb feel are totally my thing. Simple lyrics but meaningful.

#11 John Frusciante – Wishing From The Will To Death. John Frusciante’s solo career have many moments, in this he was still doing “traditional” alternative rock. That piano rhythm always reminds me of rain. My fav part is the “never change to fire if you’re ice, even if you melt on a table and dry”. Fun fact: he recorded almost all of the instruments, along with Josh Klinghoffer – current RHCP guitarist.

#12 Red Hot Chili Peppers – Quixoticelixer B-side from Californication. Classical RHCP-style song, Anthony pseudo rapping singing, funk rhythm guitar, John’s back vocals, Flea’s bass… I like the way it changes at 2:47, speeds up and drums get bigger.

#13 Kaiser Chiefs – Addicted To Drugs From Off With Their Heads. A cool british alternative rock song, although the lyrics are not great, the chorus bass riff is awesome and cowbell thing is something that few bands use nowadays.

#14 Muse – Glorious B-side from Black Holes And Revelations. The main piano/guitar riff is very catchy, progressive rock and has a bit of classical music in it. I just love the way it gets bigger on 1:56 to “…We, too, could be glorious”. My fav b-side from Muse, also sounds very videogame-ish soundtrack (like Final Fantasy and stuff).

#15 Royal Blood – You Want Me B-side from Royal Blood. This is actually a two-man band, the bassist uses a distortion that duplicates riffs on higher tunes (to sound like electric guitar). U can see that they’re influenced by RHCP, Muse and Metallica. I like the old style rock’n’roll of it.

#16 John Frusciante – Moments Have You From To Record Only Water For Ten Days. Nice alt. rock ballad, John likes to record everything by himself, so he uses lots of electronic samples. The best part for me is the acoustic guitar & chords.

#17 U2 – Electrical Storm B-side from All That You Can’t Leave Behind. Another song that reminds me of summer, holidays and stuff. The Edge’s acoustic guitars are the main character, Bono’s lyrics again are a perfect fit and that solo/outro riff actually gives me eargasm :awesome:

#18 Foster The People – The Truth From Supermodel. Very synth/prog rock, drumming-percussion creates an interesting atmosphere. I just love the way Mark Foster’s voice can go from too low to falsetto and the end is very powerful “The truth stands in the end…” Felt right to end with this one too.

I can see that this playlist is not an easy listening, tried to put similar elements together but I didn’t wanted to sound as the same song over and over. I had a great experience doin’ it though, can’t wait for next year’s :bliss:

3. U2 – Summer Rain

9. Muse – Minimum

14. Muse – Glorious

download: https://mega.nz/#!DYsBhCSI!s0rljLVBWfsXqDggmjlHA6OGw_r8Ropwdsj0eDVzjX4

Can't wait to hear it [emoji16]

3. U2 – Summer Rain

9. Muse – Minimum

14. Muse – Glorious

Sounds like I could really like it, can't wait to listen to it!

I like your music taste [emoji41]

• Like 1