✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Question on C stage

dieselbenz

Hi, quick question about the C stage for the US shows with a seated floor. I was thinking of grabbing a floor ticket for the FedEx Field show in DC, but the ones I'm pulling up, from the seat you wouldn't be able to see the C stage because of the sound booth in front of it. At the shows I did this summer, I was in lower level and I saw people on the floor walk out of their seats and stand around the C stage right before that set. Are people allowed to do this at all the shows in general? I don't even care if I get close to it really, just want to be able to see the guys when they are on there (not on the screen). So would I likely be allowed to wander to a spot where there's a line of vision just for those songs, or will security make everyone go back to their seats?

Hi, quick question about the C stage for the US shows with a seated floor. I was thinking of grabbing a floor ticket for the FedEx Field show in DC, but the ones I'm pulling up, from the seat you wouldn't be able to see the C stage because of the sound booth in front of it. At the shows I did this summer, I was in lower level and I saw people on the floor walk out of their seats and stand around the C stage right before that set. Are people allowed to do this at all the shows in general? I don't even care if I get close to it really, just want to be able to see the guys when they are on there (not on the screen). So would I likely be allowed to wander to a spot where there's a line of vision just for those songs, or will security make everyone go back to their seats?

In MetLife stadium last year I walked to the C-stage too. Security was pretty relaxed there. But I cannot say for other stadiums.

• Like 1

In MetLife stadium last year I walked to the C-stage too. Security was pretty relaxed there. But I cannot say for other stadiums.

Cool, that's what I thought was happening there. I had a lower bowl seat that came with access to a little area on the side of the floor near the C stage, so I could see all these people walking to that stage, but wasn't sure if they were people with floor seats, or people who had some kind of special passes. I really hope that's the case at FedEx Field! Did you just wander over a little before the C set?

Also along these lines, are people who have seats near the runway and B stage allowed to go up to that barrier during the gig? It looks like that from afar, but it's hard to tell from the stands what's going on down there haha.

Cool, that's what I thought was happening there. I had a lower bowl seat that came with access to a little area on the side of the floor near the C stage, so I could see all these people walking to that stage, but wasn't sure if they were people with floor seats, or people who had some kind of special passes. I really hope that's the case at FedEx Field! Did you just wander over a little before the C set?

Also along these lines, are people who have seats near the runway and B stage allowed to go up to that barrier during the gig? It looks like that from afar, but it's hard to tell from the stands what's going on down there haha.

To the 2nd question: Yes, there were loads of people at those barriers.

To the 1st question: Well, it wasn't planned. I walked over during the B-stage part, because even though it was far away, I had a better line of vision from the back of the stadium than from the side where my floor seat was. Also by that time I had noticed people wander around and security doesn't say anything. While I was wandering around I suddenly saw this small abandoned stage and thought, hey, that must be the C-stage. I was surprised nobody was standing there ! So I stood in its proximity for a while and observed the show on the A-stage from there, which was far, far away to be honest.... Shortly before they came on, people started pushing towards the C-stage from all sides and it was hard to keep the spot, I could hardly move my arms LOL But it was worth it

• Like 2

To the 2nd question: Yes, there were loads of people at those barriers.

To the 1st question: Well, it wasn't planned. I walked over during the B-stage part, because even though it was far away, I had a better line of vision from the back of the stadium than from the side where my floor seat was. Also by that time I had noticed people wander around and security doesn't say anything. While I was wandering around I suddenly saw this small abandoned stage and thought, hey, that must be the C-stage. I was surprised nobody was standing there ! So I stood in its proximity for a while and observed the show on the A-stage from there, which was far, far away to be honest.... Shortly before they came on, people started pushing towards the C-stage from all sides and it was hard to keep the spot, I could hardly move my arms LOL But it was worth it

Awesome, thanks so much for the info. That sounds awesome! Is it sad that the shows are several months away and I'm already mapping out the possibilities of the entire night in my head? Haha. For Toronto I have a seat next to the B stage according to the current map (though I'm not counting on that being 100% accurate), so hopefully I can be up at the rail for that!

Is it sad that the shows are several months away and I'm already mapping out the possibilities of the entire night in my head? Haha

To be honest I'm doing the same, I have been thinking a lot about where around the catwalk I should aim for with my GA ticket for Frankfurt nex year :D

• Like 1

To be honest I'm doing the same, I have been thinking a lot about where around the catwalk I should aim for with my GA ticket for Frankfurt nex year :D

Oh man with GA it must be super exciting to plan ... so many possibilities with their stage setup! Still dreaming maybe I can manage a Germany trip next year! For now though I'm just going to get my seat strategy down for the US gigs lol.

Oh man with GA it must be super exciting to plan ... so many possibilities with their stage setup! Still dreaming maybe I can manage a Germany trip next year! For now though I'm just going to get my seat strategy down for the US gigs lol.

Yeah well, although there is no affordable Front-of-Stage section like last year and those early access tickets cost more than double compared to the "normal" GA, so there goes my dream of being up against the barrier at the A-stage for once...but I have resolved to queue early to hopefully at least get to the first row along the catwalk somewhere. I'm a small person, so I always have a hard time with anything that is not front row :D

Yeah well, although there is no affordable Front-of-Stage section like last year and those early access tickets cost more than double compared to the "normal" GA, so there goes my dream of being up against the barrier at the A-stage for once...but I have resolved to queue early to hopefully at least get to the first row along the catwalk somewhere. I'm a small person, so I always have a hard time with anything that is not front row :D

Yeah I'm not a fan of the way they do that early entry package. They really ought to do it so the early access is restricted to just part of the stage ... that would be fair, then sure, people can go VIP for an easier way to get barrier ... but then people who can't pay that much still have plenty of space open when they get in too.

That said, I'll bet you'll be able to get a good spot despite the early entry people. I doubt they will sell enough of them (or even offer enough) to fill up even most of the barrier spots. Maybe have like a plan A, B and C in line based on what you find when you get in. I mean, you might get a spot on the runway right near the main stage ... which would be great because you can actually see all the main stage action pretty close to you, plus a clear line of view down the runway and to the B stage. Fingers crossed for you!

• Like 1

Yes. At Soldier Field you could get close to the barrier but not up to it. Security was pretty tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool, thanks! Though whenever it's close but not up to a barrier I get nervous bc it's easy for someone to just slip in front of you. :worried:

But Coldplay fans seem pretty chill and respectful so maybe that's not a worry. :nice:

Does anyone know if the sound booth near the C-stage obstructs views of the main stage at all from the lower riser seats on the right side? Like in the 111-113 and 211-213 sections on this seating map? I currently have tickets across the stadium in section 233 but I'm considering upgrading (if I can [emoji6] ) with seats closer to the C-stage, but not on the floor for $ reasons.

daec495c729e9a5cfd387b2c59e1a497.jpg

Hopefully I did this right, because I went ahead and upgraded my seats last night to section C2, row 19, the last two seats in the row. They're in the bottom right corner of the gray square that cuts into C2 in my picture from the last post, so I think that'll put us right next to the C stage. Does that sound right? If I'm looking at the seat map correctly, the sound mix booth is the triangle between sections B1 & B2, with the C stage right behind it cutting into section C2.

Hopefully I did this right, because I went ahead and upgraded my seats last night to section C2, row 19, the last two seats in the row. They're in the bottom right corner of the gray square that cuts into C2 in my picture from the last post, so I think that'll put us right next to the C stage. Does that sound right? If I'm looking at the seat map correctly, the sound mix booth is the triangle between sections B1 & B2, with the C stage right behind it cutting into section C2.

From what I remember from MetLife and Gillette, sounds right !

If you want to know it exactly, I filmed their trajectory from bird's eye view at Gillette, I could upload the video if it is of interest :)

I was actually wondering this too ... I'm hoping they might walk past/near where I am for the Toronto show. There's so much science to picking a seat haha. I came to the horrible fear that that piano on the B stage might be in my line of vision the entire show for that one. So what are we, like 10 months away? ... and I've been studying videos, photos, etc., to reassure myself. I'm pretty sure I can move a little if it's an issue, since I'm on the end. But I still have to overanalyze it into oblivion. :laugh4:

brobbins, from what I remember it sounds like you'll be exactly by the C stage! Sweet!

I was actually wondering this too ... I'm hoping they might walk past/near where I am for the Toronto show. There's so much science to picking a seat haha. I came to the horrible fear that that piano on the B stage might be in my line of vision the entire show for that one. So what are we, like 10 months away? ... and I've been studying videos, photos, etc., to reassure myself. I'm pretty sure I can move a little if it's an issue, since I'm on the end. But I still have to overanalyze it into oblivion. :laugh4:

brobbins, from what I remember it sounds like you'll be exactly by the C stage! Sweet!

I believe they only put up the instruments like a song before they actually play on them on the B stage. C-stage however is ready the entire concert.

Sent from my A0001 using Coldplaying mobile app

• Like 1

I have uploaded this excerpt from my footage of Gillette Stadium last year where Chris runs the entire trajectory between C-Stage and B-Stage, so you can see exactly where the path is. I also filmed the band walking there during Kaleidoscope, but since the lights were out at that time it's kind of hard to see, so I chose this video instead for you.

It might differ from stadium to stadium though, and for example in MetLife where I stood right in front of the C-stage, the stairs leading down from the stage where at the exact diagonal opposite of the stage you see here.

(Oh, and there is some nice Buckin at the end.... :D)

• Like 3

I have uploaded this excerpt from my footage of Gillette Stadium last year where Chris runs the entire trajectory between C-Stage and B-Stage, so you can see exactly where the path is. I also filmed the band walking there during Kaleidoscope, but since the lights were out at that time it's kind of hard to see, so I chose this video instead for you.

It might differ from stadium to stadium though, and for example in MetLife where I stood right in front of the C-stage, the stairs leading down from the stage where at the exact diagonal opposite of the stage you see here.

(Oh, and there is some nice Buckin at the end.... :D)

Thank you!!! What section were you filming this from for the Gillette show?

And if I'm looking at this right, Chris comes off the C stage at the upper right corner as you're looking at the main stage, then crosses in front of it and snakes between the section barriers towards the B stage. Is that right?

it was Section 314, I believe. Somewhere high up. Keep in mind this is heavily zoomed in, so you actually see the band much smaller from that high up than the video suggests.

I'm not sure if they are section barriers or how that path came to be, to be honest.

I believe they only put up the instruments like a song before they actually play on them on the B stage. C-stage however is ready the entire concert.

Sent from my A0001 using Coldplaying mobile app

Oh really? That would make it easier. The keyboard was off to the side of the B stage during the whole show at Metlife, but maybe that was an aberration. And I think there was something on the other side too. Seemed kinda weird because I would imagine it would definitely be in at least one person's view.