✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Question on C stage

dieselbenz

it was Section 314, I believe. Somewhere high up. Keep in mind this is heavily zoomed in, so you actually see the band much smaller from that high up than the video suggests.

I'm not sure if they are section barriers or how that path came to be, to be honest.

I'm thinking of flying up from Oklahoma for the Gillette show in August and im leaning towards the 300 section for tickets. Is the show enjoyable from that view? Any details of your experience would be greatly appreciated.

I'm thinking of flying up from Oklahoma for the Gillette show in August and im leaning towards the 300 section for tickets. Is the show enjoyable from that view? Any details of your experience would be greatly appreciated.

Hi and welcome to the forum ! Hm, I have to say I only went up there because of the prices. If you can afford do be in a lower tier, then do it, it's worth it. If you just want to hear the music light show and save some money, go for the 300s.

From my place, I couldn't see any details of the band. Of course, the sea of xylobands, the fireworks and light effects are well visible from high above, possibly better than from lower viewpoints, but if you wanna see the band properly, go for lower tiers.

Here is a picture I made at Gillette in my place (and it even was the 2nd lowest-row in the 300s, mind !) that is not zoomed-in, so you can see what your view would be like and how far away the stage and the band are:

20160730_212514.thumb.jpg.74132d94daca05f73dfdfe3edc71fca3.jpg

Hope that helps !

but man did they ever trigger my fear of hights!

Yeah, the hight is one thinking and the shaking ground when people jump another ! I was scared to death when Charlie Brown came on and people started jumping, the floor was shaking I was worried the entire segment may crash down !

Yeah, the hight is one thinking and the shaking ground when people jump another ! I was scared to death when Charlie Brown came on and people started jumping, the floor was shaking I was worried the entire segment may crash down !

Oh that would have been terrifying! Glad you are still here!

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Hi, quick question about the C stage for the US shows with a seated floor. I was thinking of grabbing a floor ticket for the FedEx Field show in DC, but the ones I'm pulling up, from the seat you wouldn't be able to see the C stage because of the sound booth in front of it. At the shows I did this summer, I was in lower level and I saw people on the floor walk out of their seats and stand around the C stage right before that set. Are people allowed to do this at all the shows in general? I don't even care if I get close to it really, just want to be able to see the guys when they are on there (not on the screen). So would I likely be allowed to wander to a spot where there's a line of vision just for those songs, or will security make everyone go back to their seats?

In general, stuff like this is more up to the venue and their staff than it is the touring production. I think you're probably safe as far as the band's security goes because they obviously allow people to do this without interference, but I wouldn't completely rule out that the local staff in some venues might be more strict.

Does anyone know if the sound booth near the C-stage obstructs views of the main stage at all from the lower riser seats on the right side? Like in the 111-113 and 211-213 sections on this seating map? I currently have tickets across the stadium in section 233 but I'm considering upgrading (if I can [emoji6] ) with seats closer to the C-stage, but not on the floor for $ reasons.

daec495c729e9a5cfd387b2c59e1a497.jpg

Limited view seats are usually labeled as such. If they're not, you're probably ok. (at least in terms of major obstruction)

• 2 weeks later...
I ended up moving my seats to the floor right next to the c-stage, so no more worries about sound stage obstructions in the risers.

Iamsue, yes we'll definitely have to meet up!

Yes, and my Secret Santa recipient, Sophia M, who is also going.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have an idea where exactly the C stage is in this chart for Toronto? I was hoping to pick a seat next to the C stage if possible, but I'm not sure if it's that little rectangle near the back (seems farther back than most of been) or if it's in that lighter area right behind the mix desk.

torontocp_zpsug6i9deb.jpg

I am not entirely sure but the lighter area close to the mix desk seems too close to both the B-stage and the actual mix desk to me (see for example here in Boston,

). I would say it's one of the rectangles farther back, but like I said, not at all sure.

I am not entirely sure but the lighter area close to the mix desk seems too close to both the B-stage and the actual mix desk to me (see for example here in Boston,

). I would say it's one of the rectangles farther back, but like I said, not at all sure.

I was studying this video last night trying to figure it out haha. I think given this video and the Gillette map, the rectangle in the back would be it. I got a seat there but I feel like it's a gamble. The fact there were seats available all next to it struck me as weird if it's the c stage, like wouldn't they sell faster? Maybe not if none else can figure it out either lol.

he fact there were seats available all next to it struck me as weird if it's the c stage, like wouldn't they sell faster?

I don't think the C-stage thing is well known to anyone but highly interested Coldplay fans....when I was on the floor in MetLife stadium last year and we could move around, I was suddenly surprised to stand in an almost empty place in front of the C-stage - no one was standing and waiting there, for instance, which I wouldn't have expected. Only in the few minutes before they came on there was a rush of people to the C-stage, when people began to realize it.

• Like 2

I don't think the C-stage thing is well known to anyone but highly interested Coldplay fans....when I was on the floor in MetLife stadium last year and we could move around, I was suddenly surprised to stand in an almost empty place in front of the C-stage - no one was standing and waiting there, for instance, which I wouldn't have expected. Only in the few minutes before they came on there was a rush of people to the C-stage, when people began to realize it.

I guess that makes sense, and with various mix booths and lighting/sound fixtures in the stadium, it's probably not obvious that one's a stage. Do people just walk up between the seats and stage when the seats are right next to it? That seems kinda ballsy but maybe people don't care haha. Just from watching videos it seems each configuration is a little different ... some of them have more space around the stage and some seem to have to have seats right there.

I'm sure you're right that pretty much no one puts that might thought into it lol. Even most hsrdcore fans are probably trying to get closer to main stage. I lucked out on a good b stage seat for the first show, so I figured I'd just take whatever ... but then I figured, if I'm gonna be far back, why not get near the c stage. Honestly that's where a lot of my fav songs get played anyways. :joy:

Do people just walk up between the seats and stage when the seats are right next to it

In my case (NJ MetLife) there was plenty of space between seats and the C-Stage, and most people had been flocking towards the front anyhow, so the "aisle" area next to the C-stage was in parts quite abandoned. Of course there are always a few people sitting etc. - well, (unfortunately) they are in a bad position anyway because everybody else is standing, no matter where.

But if security is stricter, moving around freely like that may not be possible. You never know in advance....maybe check videos from other concerts at your venue, lol.

• Like 1

In my case (NJ MetLife) there was plenty of space between seats and the C-Stage, and most people had been flocking towards the front anyhow, so the "aisle" area next to the C-stage was in parts quite abandoned. Of course there are always a few people sitting etc. - well, (unfortunately) they are in a bad position anyway because everybody else is standing, no matter where.

But if security is stricter, moving around freely like that may not be possible. You never know in advance....maybe check videos from other concerts at your venue, lol.

It's funny because I was at the MetLife show, but I just never at all noticed what people on the floor were doing, haha. I was in the 200 and 100 levels on each night, respectively. I'm sure I'll be able to scope it out when I get there. It'll be exciting just to be on the floor, since I haven't been at any Coldplay show yet. :)

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

My supposedly C stage seats in Chicago were a bust. Shortly before the show date Live Nation decided to move the C stage from the right of section C2 (where my seats were) to the center of one of the D sections. They added a good 50 seats or so where the C stage would have been, so instead of having aisle seats right up against the C stage, I ended up with middle row seats nowhere near it. Still had an awesome time, but I wish I'd known about that change earlier so I could have asked Ticketmaster for an upgrade. That's how i got section A seats last year when they changed the seat map early on for the 2016 tour.

• Like 1

My supposedly C stage seats in Chicago were a bust. Shortly before the show date Live Nation decided to move the C stage from the right of section C2 (where my seats were) to the center of one of the D sections. They added a good 50 seats or so where the C stage would have been, so instead of having aisle seats right up against the C stage, I ended up with middle row seats nowhere near it. Still had an awesome time, but I wish I'd known about that change earlier so I could have asked Ticketmaster for an upgrade. That's how i got section A seats last year when they changed the seat map early on for the 2016 tour.

This happened to me in NY and will also (I assume) be the case in Toronto. At least this time I know so I'm not going to be surprised. Maybe I should ask TM about it? Did you just call them? I'm not massively upset, I can always walk to the C stage before they come on and have a good view, and I've had my fair share of great views this tour so it's no big deal. Only reason I'm worried is my seat in NY was almost totally obstructed by the sounddesk and I don't want that again really for full floor price.

This happened to me in NY and will also (I assume) be the case in Toronto. At least this time I know so I'm not going to be surprised. Maybe I should ask TM about it? Did you just call them? I'm not massively upset, I can always walk to the C stage before they come on and have a good view, and I've had my fair share of great views this tour so it's no big deal. Only reason I'm worried is my seat in NY was almost totally obstructed by the sounddesk and I don't want that again really for full floor price.

Yes call the Ticketmaster customer support line for people who've already bought their tickets. I'm sorry I don't have the number handy but i remember I found it on their website in the "contact us" area.

Where they moved the C stage to in Chicago was completely encased inside one of the D sections. You won't be able to walk up to the stage because of the seats that'll be right up against it. Those people lucked out. But you might be able to stand nearby. I just didn't attempt it.

• Like 1

Yes call the Ticketmaster customer support line for people who've already bought their tickets. I'm sorry I don't have the number handy but i remember I found it on their website in the "contact us" area.

Where they moved the C stage to in Chicago was completely encased inside one of the D sections. You won't be able to walk up to the stage because of the seats that'll be right up against it. Those people lucked out. But you might be able to stand nearby. I just didn't attempt it.

Thanks for the info. I called and unfortunately it's a big ol' raw deal. They can only exchange for tickets of equal or greater value. TM dropped floor prices by over half. Which sucks to begin with since I paid $225 for an obstructed seat and could have e gotten a great one for $99. They can't exchange because now no seats exist at what I paid. What. Lol. Oh well my seat is awesome tonight so I'm just gonna enjoy that.