✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Increased safety measures at all European shows: no bags allowed

Yesterday Live Nation Germany issued this:

DBteyeMUAAM9FGO.jpg

Live Nation have confirmed that the no bags policy will be valid for all the Coldplay Live Nation events (I don't know if there are shows with a promoter other than Live Nation). The Lyon venue has also confirmed and added there will be a kind of baggage room outside the stadium where you can leave your stuff but you'll have to pay.

So, in order to avoid a mess like at the Munich show: only bring fanny packs or leave your stuff outside the stadium if possible

• Like 3

nope and I can't imagine them banning small cameras, but he bags policy is valid for all the European shows

I wouldn't be too sure.It all appeared very arbitrary yesterday. There was also an elephant head in the show with us - I really wonder how something like this is allowed but not a tiny bag. Lack of logic.

I am gonna take a print of the guidelines with me, if they change as spontaneous as yesterday then I'll have something to show them. Come on, 6 minutes before doors open is ridiculous.

Whatever they

Where was it specified that the bags are not allowed for all European shows?

So far I only have got an email from the German Ticketmaster.

Nothing from Belgium or France yet.

the general Live Nation account confirmed it in a DM to a friend of mine. Live Nation Belgium said they'll give more info for Brussels soon.

Either way, the best option is to take just your wallet and your phone and a poncho because Belgium, then you're sure to get in without any trouble

• Like 1

At least for the Lyon date the stadium has issued a policy that bags are not allowed (with exception an to fanny packs)

And it clearly specifies which cameras are forbidden. Non pro cameras are allowed.

But what worries me: identity check, also name on ticket.

Let's hope that isn't needed for Paris. [emoji52]

• Like 1

What are the odds a policy like this will be implemented for other shows as well? Curious as I'm due to go to the Toronto show.

I'm sure security is a concern everywhere at the moment, but I don't think the situation is quite as severe in North America. I have friends who have seen some pretty massive open air shows (U2, Muse) in the US recently and haven't heard much about being more than normal. That said, I'd imagine safety is on the mind of big tours everywhere right now, so I would expect an abundance of caution.

• Like 1

I am gonna take a print of the guidelines with me, if they change as spontaneous as yesterday then I'll have something to show them. Come on, 6 minutes before doors open is ridiculous.

To be honest, I wouldn't expect that to help you. If they change the rules, they change the rules and that's what they'll enforce. Arguing will likely only make the situation worse.

• Like 1