✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Keane 2nd best band in the world

Gsilva

I discovered Keane around a year after Coldplay when they released the Everybody's Changing music video. I felt a very strong connection with their music and fell in love with them instantly. I wouldn't call them the "2nd best band in the world" but they're one of my top absolute favorites. I rate their output and musicianship much much higher than Coldplay and their songs are just a lot more emotionally charged. It's one of my biggest regrets that I never experienced them live and I feel very sad at how Tom's whole situation ruined everything. I do hope they get together for one last try, but I doubt it will happen soon.

All their songs had a huge impact on me but "Bedshaped" and "Atlantic" are my favorites. I generally like the darker ones a lot more.

If people haven't checked out Keane's music in its entirety I definitely recommend it.

• Like 1

Adore Keane. For many years they were my second-favorite behind Coldplay, and always remained a favorite. I got into them a bit after Hopes and Fears was released, as soon as I heard Somewhere Only We Know I was sold. Under The Iron Sea is one of my favorite albums ever and most important in my life, and A Bad Dream is one of my favorite songs ever written (like top 3 with Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb, and The Scientist). Tim's songwriting was phenomenal and Tom is the best rock vocalist I've ever seen. Like Coldplay, unfortunately I never went to concerts or was a very involved fan most of the years I was into them, but I listened to them so much, and like Coldplay, they helped me through more than I can say. i was lucky to finally go see them in 2010 and again in 2012, when I actually started going to concerts. By that time I'd gotten obsessed with some other bands and I put my earlier favorites on the back burner. I was going to see Keane a couple times in 2013 and for a variety of reasons ended up not going. I regret that forever because it would have been my last chance. It absolutely crushed me when they broke up; I just didn't see it coming, and I didn't realize how much I depended on them until they were gone. It was kind of a wake-up call to me not to neglect the things that have been with me a long time in favor of new obsessions. But, I'm forever thankful and glad for all the music they left behind. Strangeland was a brilliant album and kind of reassuring at a time Coldplay had changed so much, and I was worried about Keane too after their Night Train EP which was a little iffy. I was glad Keane came back with some that was more "me" and right at the perfect time (Keane had great timing with album releases and my big life events).

But yeah, if you like earlier Coldplay (or any of their more melancholy, angsty stuff), and you haven't heard Keane, do it. My other favorite songs are Strangeland, Love Is The End, Perfect Symmetry, Nothing In My Way, Everybody's Changing, Try Again and Bedshaped. Plus about 50 other songs haha.

• Like 1

It's one of my biggest regrets that I never experienced them live and I feel very sad at how Tom's whole situation ruined everything. I do hope they get together for one last try, but I doubt it will happen soon.

I feel like they'll eventually do at least a reunion show, though as time passes I get less and less hopeful. I really hope they will. I'd travel practically anywhere just to hear them play again. Their setlists at the two shows I saw were amazing and balanced ... despite not going to shows early on I still got to hear a lot of those songs because they were still playing them in the set later, which I really appreciated. If they just came back and did a greatest hit set for a show or two, I'd be thrilled with that.

• Like 2

I love Keane! They are my second favorite band! Under The Iron Sea is my favorite album of theirs. I hope they get back together soon, but at least we have Tom releasing solo material. I wish he would come tour in Colorado!

• Like 2

I love Keane! They are my second favorite band! Under The Iron Sea is my favorite album of theirs. I hope they get back together soon, but at least we have Tom releasing solo material. I wish he would come tour in Colorado!

Yes I really enjoyed The Wave, so good to hear Tom's voice again. I was hoping he would tour more, when he was in NY in winter he implied he was planning to come back again this year but I guess it didn't pan out. Fingers crossed he comes back next year and maybe hits some of the areas of the country he missed. Also for those who don't know, Tim and Jesse's side project, Mt. Desolation, is also working on an album now ... good to know Tim is back to writing. I'm hoping they do a US tour or maybe at least support someone here.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
I discovered Keane around a year after Coldplay when they released the Everybody's Changing music video. I felt a very strong connection with their music and fell in love with them instantly. I wouldn't call them the "2nd best band in the world" but they're one of my top absolute favorites. I rate their output and musicianship much much higher than Coldplay and their songs are just a lot more emotionally charged. It's one of my biggest regrets that I never experienced them live and I feel very sad at how Tom's whole situation ruined everything. I do hope they get together for one last try, but I doubt it will happen soon.

All their songs had a huge impact on me but "Bedshaped" and "Atlantic" are my favorites. I generally like the darker ones a lot more.

If people haven't checked out Keane's music in its entirety I definitely recommend it.

From what I've seen from Tom's replies on twitter is that they never really broke up. They're just taking a break while he does some solo work that he thinks will help during his recovery process.

As far as my favorites.. On a Day Like Today.. that song is just structured so right. It builds and builds.. beautiful. And there's many more ..Bedshaped is up there. They've made some great albums. Strangeland, I love that whole album.

• Like 2

From what I've seen from Tom's replies on twitter is that they never really broke up. They're just taking a break while he does some solo work that he thinks will help during his recovery process.

As far as my favorites.. On a Day Like Today.. that song is just structured so right. It builds and builds.. beautiful. And there's many more ..Bedshaped is up there. They've made some great albums. Strangeland, I love that whole album.

On A Day Like Today is another of my favorites. It was not part of the album in the US so I discovered it on Limewire but I burned it on so many CDs. Nowadays it is always one of my top-played on iTunes. What a great song and you're right about how it builds.

On A Day Like Today is another of my favorites. It was not part of the album in the US so I discovered it on Limewire but I burned it on so many CDs. Nowadays it is always one of my top-played on iTunes. What a great song and you're right about how it builds.

Crystal Ball is one of my faves. Like most of what they did. Pity they dont record again.

• Like 1

Crystal Ball is one of my faves. Like most of what they did. Pity they dont record again.

If you have not heard it yet, they did actually quietly put out a stand-alone song last year, for a movie, it's called "Tear Up This Town". It was just a one-off thing (I think they were friends with the director maybe) but it gives me some hope they may do something again someday. I hope they will at least do some reunion shows or something.

• Like 1

If you have not heard it yet, they did actually quietly put out a stand-alone song last year, for a movie, it's called "Tear Up This Town". It was just a one-off thing (I think they were friends with the director maybe) but it gives me some hope they may do something again someday. I hope they will at least do some reunion shows or something.

Thanks for the info. I will give it a listen.