✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Things happen for a reason

YGillot

Thanks for having me on this forum! I am still trying to understand how things work, but I am getting there ... hopefully

I am fairly new here and fairly new in the "Coldplay World". I used to hardly ever listen to music besides the one on radio while being in a car (being from close to Frankfurt, Germany and ususlly commuting to and from work by train, I don't spend that much time in a car), but my husband knows his music. He had a few bands/artists on his bucket list which we went to see in the last years. Nice night out, but not more for me.

As a side nite during an X Factor show or something like that he mentioned that Coldplay is apparently rated as one of the best live acts (I am sure you all know unlike me at that stage). So I heard mentioned on the radio back in 2016 (things happen for a reason!) that Coldplay would perform in Frankfurt in summer 2017. Luckily I remembered the ticket sale and was lucky enough to get two tickets.

To cut a long story semi-short: We went out and I was expecting another night listening to a band from which I knew about two songs ... wrong twice, I didn't know how many songs I actually knew and I had never experienced a concert with such an amazing crowd, band and amount of positive energy before ... for weeks I woke up with a Coldplay song stuck in my head ... and now I am even listening to music while commuting on the train.

And got a five-year-old at home who just started learning how to play guitar to learn how to play A Sky full of Stars

Thanks for reading all this!

Have a great day!

• Like 5

Hello, you have written a great post overall, thank you for sharing your story!

I can relate to some points you've mentioned. Firstly, I'm also relatively new in the "Coldplay World" and still learning how the things work that I haven't known about before. You don't need to worry because sooner or later you'll find all the answers for your questions and you can also ask the other Coldplayers if you tie yourself in knots. Secondly, I had heard the music by Coldplay only from TV or radio before I actually became a fan of theirs. However, I haven't seen them live yet. I'm happy for you that you've managed to go to their concert, watch them perform live and have a good time! Lastly, I hope your child succeeds in learning how to play guitar since it would be truly amazing if it happened so.

Happy scrolling and browsing the forums!

Thanks for having me on this forum! I am still trying to understand how things work, but I am getting there ... hopefully

I am fairly new here and fairly new in the "Coldplay World". I used to hardly ever listen to music besides the one on radio while being in a car (being from close to Frankfurt, Germany and ususlly commuting to and from work by train, I don't spend that much time in a car), but my husband knows his music. He had a few bands/artists on his bucket list which we went to see in the last years. Nice night out, but not more for me.

As a side nite during an X Factor show or something like that he mentioned that Coldplay is apparently rated as one of the best live acts (I am sure you all know unlike me at that stage). So I heard mentioned on the radio back in 2016 (things happen for a reason!) that Coldplay would perform in Frankfurt in summer 2017. Luckily I remembered the ticket sale and was lucky enough to get two tickets.

To cut a long story semi-short: We went out and I was expecting another night listening to a band from which I knew about two songs ... wrong twice, I didn't know how many songs I actually knew and I had never experienced a concert with such an amazing crowd, band and amount of positive energy before ... for weeks I woke up with a Coldplay song stuck in my head ... and now I am even listening to music while commuting on the train.

And got a five-year-old at home who just started learning how to play guitar to learn how to play A Sky full of Stars

Thanks for reading all this!

Have a great day!

Nice story ! Which night did you attend and where did you sit/stand ?

Nice story ! Which night did you attend and where did you sit/stand ?

The friday night. We were sitting (too lazy to stand and also not very keen on crowds) on the left hand side if you are looking towards the stage, second row in the upper ranks, between a- and b-stage.

And I was sooo excited when I found a youtube link in this forum where somebody had recorded the whole show from the opposite side! Very nice to listen to as these several spontanous moments just bring back great memories

Hello, you have written a great post overall, thank you for sharing your story!

I can relate to some points you've mentioned. Firstly, I'm also relatively new in the "Coldplay World" and still learning how the things work that I haven't known about before. You don't need to worry because sooner or later you'll find all the answers for your questions and you can also ask the other Coldplayers if you tie yourself in knots. Secondly, I had heard the music by Coldplay only from TV or radio before I actually became a fan of theirs. However, I haven't seen them live yet. I'm happy for you that you've managed to go to their concert, watch them perform live and have a good time! Lastly, I hope your child succeeds in learning how to play guitar since it would be truly amazing if it happened so.

Happy scrolling and browsing the forums!

Thanks, so far he just uses something as a microphone and starts singing, but we will keep practicing ... mummy had to get a guitar as well to proof that you just gave to practice, practice, practice to get good at something

I really hope you will get a chance to see a live show one day. After having seen a few of the big names before, I was really surprised what a different level of performance the show was.

• Like 1

The friday night. We were sitting (too lazy to stand and also not very keen on crowds) on the left hand side if you are looking towards the stage, second row in the upper ranks, between a- and b-stage.

And I was sooo excited when I found a youtube link in this forum where somebody had recorded the whole show from the opposite side! Very nice to listen to as these several spontanous moments just bring back great memories

Cool ! I was at both concerts - Friday standing at the catwalk, Saturday seated in the upper ranks.

I think I know the video you're talking about. In case you're interested to see yet another angle, here's the video I made of Friday:

(a bit shaky at the beginning, gets better with time ;))

welcome to the forums! I was a casual fan for quite some years until seeing them live this summer, and well, now, here I am! feel free to ask any questions to anyone here, we are all one big happy family! and most everyone here can tell you some obscure b-list song you are sure to love!

Somewhat similarly, I was a slightly above average fan before (been loving their music since 2000), but after seeing them in August live for the first time, got obsessed! Welcome!

Besides Paradise (thought and still somehow think the Para-Para-Paradise part is annoying more than anything else, no offense please) and Viva-la-Vida (which I couldn't even name and only google because of One Directions first ever live performance on the british X Factor, which I quite liked and only then learnt that it's originally a Coldplay song), I was convinced I wouldn't recognize a song anyway, but the night would somehow pass with halfway pleasant and unknown-to-me music... hardly ever been so wrong in my life

And I guess this positive energy and giving you the feeling that it is about the fans and not themselves even though they just want to have fun as well makes it very easy to get obsessed ... could be worse

Cool ! I was at both concerts - Friday standing at the catwalk, Saturday seated in the upper ranks.

I think I know the video you're talking about. In case you're interested to see yet another angle, here's the video I made of Friday:

Thanks for sharing (or shall I rather say Danke? ;)) I am sure we will watch it sometime soon and I got the funny feeling my kids will ask (again) why this guy on the "walkway" is jumping around like a maniac

Thanks, so far he just uses something as a microphone and starts singing, but we will keep practicing ... mummy had to get a guitar as well to proof that you just gave to practice, practice, practice to get good at something

I really hope you will get a chance to see a live show one day. After having seen a few of the big names before, I was really surprised what a different level of performance the show was.

I can remember myself holding a toy microphone while singing to it and performing something like a chair dance during dinner when I was a child, LOL. :joy:

All right, I've never been to a large scale concert before but out of all my favourite musicians and bands I would like to attend a Coldplay concert most!

still got to find the smilies as the ones on my phone don't seem to work :(

I also face the same issue with the smilies on the Coldplaying app on my mobile phone. However, this list should help us both: https://coldplaying.com/forum/index.php?help/smilies

I can remember myself holding a toy microphone while singing to it and performing something like a chair dance during dinner when I was a child, LOL. :joy:

All right, I've never been to a large scale concert before but out of all my favourite musicians and bands I would like to attend a Coldplay concert most!

I also face the same issue with the smilies on the Coldplaying app on my mobile phone. However, this list should help us both: https://coldplaying.com/forum/index.php?help/smilies

8-) thanks!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Finally watching this video is on my list for this weekend :)

• Like 1

We had now one of these very serious expressions on our face yesterday ... one of those question (Why do we have day and night? Where do the waves come from?) only a five-year-old comes up with after a lot of thinking ... and usually after bedtime:

Why do they not sing Joshu-Joshu-Joshua? ... I am like: What? What do they sing? Half asleep and no clue what my son is talking about ... They sing Para-Para-Paradise, why don't they sing Joshu-Joshu-Joshua instead? :joy::joy::joy:

I swear I haven't even listened to Coldplay at home in the last weeks :joy: