✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Viva La Vida 10 Year Retrospective

Welcome to the forums !

VLVODAAHF is undoubtedly a great album, but unfortunately in my opinion the last great album that Coldplay made.

Don't get me wrong, I like it and am glad they made it, and it has one of my favourite Coldplay songs on it without which I might never have gotten into this band (Viva La Vida) but my feelings on it as a whole are mixed, because the radical change in sound and songwriting irreversibly terminated their old sound and brought them onto that slippery slope of synth/dance/pop that is MX - GS - AHFOD.

• Like 3

I think that VLVODAAHF is their best album with the best songs. But as whole, like listening from begining to end, i prefer MX. MX is my favorite album, but not my favourite songs (Know what i mean?).

But yeah, i like the no style Coldplay in this album. And the songs seem to be in their best version and i wouldnt change anything. It has such a fresh sound

Edit: And i love the hard hitting drums and the bass in this album so much. Not to forget its drum rythms like lost, chinese sleep chant and strawberry swing.

• 2 weeks later...

Any chance we get something for the VLV 10th anniversary?

I guess I'll answer that actually- No.

Also, although AROBTTH will always be my favorite album, I think VLV is easily their best album from beginning to end. It's the only album where I like every song on the album. Chinese Sleep Chant is super underrated. Even Yes is a good song. Every song is good on there.

It's just that VLV doesn't have Clocks, The Scientist, Daylight, Warning Sign and Politik on it;)

• Like 2

I'm going to use my 10,000th post that I've been hoarding to wish my all-time favorite album a happy 10th birthday

I've never heard an album quite like it before or since, and even 10 years down the road, it's still an incredible, cohesive, visionary work. Each song stands on its own, and no two sound alike, yet somehow they all flow amazingly well into one another.

And even their "b-side" album of Prospekt's March is just as good??? Like how did you do this Coldplay??

It's the album that introduced me to my favorite band. It's the album that gave me most of my favorite songs. I wish every day I could go back to that era and enjoy it from the beginning.

Instead, I'm just going to continue to fangirl about it ten years after the fact :D

Cheers, Coldplay. Thanks for the masterpiece!

• Like 8

I'm going to use my 10,000th post that I've been hoarding to wish my all-time favorite album a happy 10th birthday

I've never heard an album quite like it before or since, and even 10 years down the road, it's still an incredible, cohesive, visionary work. Each song stands on its own, and no two sound alike, yet somehow they all flow amazingly well into one another.

And even their "b-side" album of Prospekt's March is just as good??? Like how did you do this Coldplay??

It's the album that introduced me to my favorite band. It's the album that gave me most of my favorite songs. I wish every day I could go back to that era and enjoy it from the beginning.

Instead, I'm just going to continue to fangirl about it ten years after the fact :D

Cheers, Coldplay. Thanks for the masterpiece!

Congrats to 10K posts !

• Like 2