✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

About X&Y... (Song)

Daffy

About X&Y, the song, I wanted to know why it isn't more popular. I love it and many other people do, but not much about it is out there, and when I tried searching it on these forums, I couldn't find anything... I wanted to know your thoughts on this song, and if people generally dislike or love it, as I can't seem to find out...

-Thanks!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

About X&Y, the song, I wanted to know why it isn't more popular. I love it and many other people do, but not much about it is out there, and when I tried searching it on these forums, I couldn't find anything... I wanted to know your thoughts on this song, and if people generally dislike or love it, as I can't seem to find out...

-Thanks!

The majority of the album's tracks are sadly underrated, and the band doesn't like the album either. I don't know why it's like that since X&Y is one of their best albums ever. I used to think it has something to do with the extra songs Chris didn't want to put in? Now that seems like a stretch, because it would've been a waste to leave those few tracks unreleased. If any of you that read this have any theories to why X&Y is disliked by Coldplay, feel free to reply.

If any of you that read this have any theories to why X&Y is disliked by Coldplay, feel free to reply.

Reportedly they worked and reworked on X&Y just too much. They weren't happy with the results and the album's material was constantly changing.

It was mentioned that X&Y easily could've been their 'fifth' album. So that means there were a big bunch of songs in the works, rewritten and new tracks were added. The tracklist was changed countless times. It's funny, 'Talk' was originally considered being a b-side of a single (if I remember right) but was (re-)added to the album at last minute... Also, the band members had a sort of depressive time in general at that period. There might've been tensions even. Nonetheless, it's my favorite Coldplay album (besides the earlier two). Wish we could get some studio outtakes from these sessions...

• Like 2

Reportedly they worked and reworked on X&Y just too much. They weren't happy with the results and the album's material was constantly changing.

It was mentioned that X&Y easily could've been their 'fifth' album. So that means there were a big bunch of songs in the works, rewritten and new tracks were added. The tracklist was changed countless times. It's funny, 'Talk' was originally considered being a b-side of a single (if I remember right) but was (re-)added to the album at last minute... Also, the band members had a sort of depressive time in general at that period. There might've been tensions even. Nonetheless, it's my favorite Coldplay album (besides the earlier two). Wish we could get some studio outtakes from these sessions...

Now everything is clearer. Did you get that info from the movie perhaps?

Now everything is clearer. Did you get that info from the movie perhaps?

The situations were mentioned on a few interviews over the years. And yes, I believe there's also a word about it in the A Head Full Of Dreams film.

(It's just crazy, 'Speed Of Sound' is one of my most favorite tracks of the band but sadly they never really enjoyed it performing live!)

• Like 2

The situations were mentioned on a few interviews over the years. And yes, I believe there's also a word about it in the A Head Full Of Dreams film.

(It's just crazy, 'Speed Of Sound' is one of my most favorite tracks of the band but sadly they never really enjoyed it performing live!)

Ah, yes, I remember. I sadly never watched the film because I was never able to (country reasons).

Yes, also, Phil had a tough time during that period (correct me if I'm wrong because it's been a while since the last time I saw the movie) and went far away from the band.

I don't know why actually, maybe it's because Coldplay has so many other (better) songs to listen to that make fans (not all) forget about X&Y. I think I am one of those as well to be honest. I should listen to this song again.

• Like 1