🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

The Snow Patrol Thread

fifi

Did I ever say I love waking up with a new gL's post?!! :rolleyes: Today's one cracked me up:

little biplane - santa monica - yesterday

this guy was looping the loop and such and what for a good few hours yesterday. showing off is what it was although it impressed little old me. i’d need to be fed a special BA Baracas burger before you got me in that thing though. sea for sharks, sky for birds and pterodactyls and stuff, ground for lions, tigers and what not…damn it! is there nowhere i can go? today i have hammered rickety pieces of a smashed up table against the front door and i’m not coming out until things calm down… wait, there’s a pretty big spider in the bath, double damn it!

:laugh3:

I think it's not today we'll see Gary featuring in "Man vs Wild"....:lol: (dunno if you know this show but the guy actually scares me XD

someone needs to point out to Gary that a BA Baracas burger won't help him much since BA turns into a complete wimp when it comes to getting into a plane. what Gary needs is a Murdoch burger! unless what he meant by "special BA Baracas burger" is the jab the team gives him to knock him out & get him on the plane... :P

& yeah. i know of Man vs Wild...Bear Gyrylls is frigging hardcore! i bet he'd survive the Stone Ages even! but our dear Gary..........................might not last long in the wild at this rate. pterodactyls!!! (dinosaurs! i <3 him even more now!) & i thought my fear of birds was bad... *lol* :laugh3:

I agree completely. I've always found his writing to be quite beautiful and interesting... he has a way with words, both lyrically, and just in articles and blog entries.

Yeah, again, I completely agree about the SP forum. We have a few disagreeable people here, but the SP forum seems to be overrun with them. It seems like they're all trying to out "best fan" each other. They're not very welcoming to "new" fans.

And yes, Kimmi, I think you're probably right about the pressure to produce something that's loved by both fans and critics. I agree that they (both Gary and Chris) should relax and just do what they do, but I think that pressure must be almost incapacitating at times!

i think i'm going to really enjoy waking up in the morning for work to a fresh Gary Tumblr post! :wacky:

& yes, he does have such a beautiful way with words... :wacky:

oh & i bet it must feel incapacitating...i feel bad for joking to Chris about expecting him to have finished the album by now. :embarrassed:

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No gL post this morning.... :cry:

someone needs to point out to Gary that a BA Baracas burger won't help him much since BA turns into a complete wimp when it comes to getting into a plane. what Gary needs is a Murdoch burger! unless what he meant by "special BA Baracas burger" is the jab the team gives him to knock him out & get him on the plane... :P

I just googled Baracas and Murdoch cause I didn't understand the joke here...NOW I get it!! This is a A-Team reference :facepalm: No wonder I didn't get it...in french Baracas= Barracuda and Murdoch = Looping :lol: I watched this show countless times when I was a kid (along with McGyver :cool: )

& yeah. i know of Man vs Wild...Bear Gyrylls is frigging hardcore!

Crazy...insane...you mean?! :laugh3:

i bet he'd survive the Stone Ages even! but our dear Gary..........................might not last long in the wild at this rate.

I think he would faint or vomit after 5 min :laugh3:

No gL post this morning.... :cry:

I just googled Baracas and Murdoch cause I didn't understand the joke here...NOW I get it!! This is a A-Team reference :facepalm: No wonder I didn't get it...in french Baracas= Barracuda and Murdoch = Looping :lol: I watched this show countless times when I was a kid (along with McGyver :cool: )

Crazy...insane...you mean?! :laugh3:

I think he would faint or vomit after 5 min :laugh3:

oh, they change the names too? awww... & is that on top of the voices being dubbed into french voices? one of the best things about The A-Team was Mr T as BA Baracas & his "I pity the fool!" lines. :lol:

& i think i might've jinxed it. since Gary didn't post today. :\

oh, they change the names too? awww... & is that on top of the voices being dubbed into french voices? one of the best things about The A-Team was Mr T as BA Baracas & his "I pity the fool!" lines. :lol:

Yeah, in french they always dubb TV shows and movies (which SUCKS!). "A-Team" was called "L'agence tous risques" (the 'all risks' agency). And the guy named "face" (thx google) in english was called 'futé' (=smart guy) If you want a laugh, here the french open credits, it's Hannibal who is speaking in the intro, click on the vid to watch it on YT, the integration mode is desactivated :/

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm95j3iNXNk]YouTube - Agence Tous Risques Generique THE A TEAM[/ame]

& i think i might've jinxed it. since Gary didn't post today. :\

No, you havent!

The man posted two planes pics going in and out LA. Is it me or he takes a lot of planes pictures :lol: He must be spending a lot of time looking at the sky for inspiration....

New post from Gary, promoting Ian! :D

:awesome:

love that quote about Iain:

he is one of the most spectacular human beings i have ever known. a kind, genial and gentle soul that i am all the better, stronger and wiser for knowing.

:heart:

I'm so glad to have seen him with TP!! And I can't stop smiling everytime I saw his face in SP or TRS videos!

<3 you Mr Archer! gL is right to spread the love! (after all, we owe him part of 'Run'!!)

Burning Codes announce Collaboration On Facebook

As announced on the radio , our new album will feature many guests including

members of Snow Patrol and Athlete. Last two tracks being finished now !!

Listen to the radio play of the album opener below

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/b00xsnyh/Across_the_Line_24_01_2011

Soooo they have writing trouble but they're doing collab :rolleyes: Don't know this band... at work right now so I'll listen to the tracks later.

still no post on icanhover but seems our frontman will be busy....

The Snow Patrol frontman will join the likes of Brett Anderson and Peter Hook as XFM judge for a competition.

You can vote on your favourite British debut album of 2010 up until Friday (January 28) at midday.

The top ten will then be put before Xfm’s panel of legendary music industry experts to have their say on which one deserves the accolade.

The judges include:

Gary Lightbody (Snow Patrol)

Brett Anderson (Suede)

Andy Ashton (Xfm Programme Director)

Dave Berry (Xfm)

Clint Boon (Xfm)

Tim Burgess (The Charlatans)

Ben Cardew (Music Week)

Peter Hook (Joy Division / New Order)

Dom Howard (Muse)

John Kennedy (Xfm)

John Leckie (legendary producer of Radiohead, Stone Roses, Muse, The Verve etc)

David Mogendorff (MTV)

Craig Potter (Elbow)

Shaun Ryder (Happy Mondays / Black Grape)

Frank Turner

Gary Warren (MD of Content and Talent at MAMA Group)s

The winner will be announced at Xfm’s New Music Award Night at the Borderline on February 9.

As part of the evening, Xfm will also be putting an a gig at the venue as part of HMV’s Next Big Thing Festival – with performances from Wolfgang, Romance and Luna Belle.

Previous winners of the Xfm New Music Award include The XX and The Enemy.

Graig Potter is there too :awesome: I can't stop laughing imagining Gary as an 'american idol' kind of judge XD Hope this little distraction will help "the block"...*sigh*

Arf, NO!! He posted pics of Santa Monica at night (and apparently of a military cimetary??). Very burtonesque indeed! Inspiration???

yes! i saw those...loved them. haha "the eek of Burton" :D

maybe i should complain more...every time i say he's stopped posting he posts something. :sneaky:

HE'S BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK :awesome:

Pics from a hike (still shooting plane in the sky.... :lol: ) and a vid that I can't see cause it's blocked in my country for 'copyright issue' :bigcry: Can you tell me what this is and give me another link of it???? plzzzzzzzzzz

and btw, the Lightbody found another record company called 'third bar'....

http://thirdbar.co.uk/?page_id=2

I finish with 'news' of LP6. Foy Vance (musician from Bangor) just tweeted this:

Did some singing on the new snow patrol stuff today….papa’s got a brand new bag…guys are taking it somewhere!!

:dance: so it's not that bad..... Keep the good work guys!!!!!!!

Nathan says

tumblr_lfykemJeNl1qb4lgco1_500.jpg

I'm so happy that this called for...

BEARDY gL!

1659861428_2eb524fdd7.jpg

for those who can't see the video Gary's linked to, it's a video of Perfume Genius performing Never Did live in a studio recording setting.

there's a link to his MySpace on that video that points to http://www.myspace.com/kewlmagik so you can have a listen to the song (& others by him) there. no video tho, as far as i can tell.

...i think his singing style sounds kinda like Foals's lead singer's but the actual song melody sounds more hauntingly soul wrenching like Damien Rice. possibly.

OH-MY-GOD!!!!!!!!!!

3 Gary posts and one from.... THE STUDIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :dance: And I couldn't help but squee when I red this:

so we now have all our stuff in the studio and we’re ready to go. we’ve ten songs in progress, some missing choruses or missing verses or missing something as yet undefined. our goal is twenty songs. great songs (little point in stopping until it’s great really). as you can see from these shots the one thing we can’t blame anything on is the equipment. 20 years of collecting it i suppose. anyway, we’re off and running and feeling inspired. hope you all are too whatever you’re doing. gL

20 songs???!!!!!!!!!!!! :awesome: I'm feeling like flying now but I doubt they'll make a record with 20 songs... I guess it includes the b-sides...but still 20!!!!!!!!!! :dance:

They're just starting working....I mean really working...the next few weeks will be exciting!!!!

The two others includes pics of seagulls (again) and deers :D Love what he said (again)

i’ll never make it as a wildlife photographer but i can live with that. they kept checking me out but they seemed pretty calm. would’ve thought deer would be more timid. one just showed me its arse the whole time so i’m sorry about that but you try getting deer to turn round and pose for a photo.gL

:laugh3: TYPICAL Gary!! How I've missed this!!!

i don't blame the deers for constantly checking him out... :lol:

& i'm with you!!! woke up to not just one but 3 new posts & the news that they're aiming for 20 songs!!! SQUEEE!!!

20 songs for 1 album is rather much...but i guess it's like you said. it's probably including B-sides. tho this also means that it might take a while still before this album's done. unless they suddenly go into overdrive & finish up on the other 10 songs by the end of the month. :thinking:

tho at least i get to save my money up for a little bit longer.

btw, i remembered that this was mentioned to me a few weeks ago...at a Man United game, no less...but anyone know about SP having any plans to play in Wembley sometime this year? cos i certainly didn't see anything about that...would think playing at Wembley's a big enough plan to announce on the website...?