✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Introduce...

hippidami

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Information

Located along the Pacific coast of South America, Chile is a narrow, skinny country that borders with Peru in the north, and Bolivia and Argentina in the east.

With a surface area of 756.096 square kilometers (without the Antartica), Chile has 15.5 million inhabitants 5.5 million of them concentrated in the capital of the country, Santiago. 80% of the population is urban-based.

Politically, Chile is divided in 12 regions, including the Antarctic territory, plus the metropolitan region.

The official language of Chile is Spanish , and its currency the Chilean peso . Chile is a mestizo country, of mixed European and indigenous extraction, and the indigenous tradition is still visible in several parts of the country. Chile's literacy rate is one of Latin America's highest. Nearly 90% of the Chileans are Roman Catholic, but there exists a freedom of religious expression here.

Chilean people are friendly and hospitable to foreigners. The economy is strong, and the police are trustworthy. This, together with the incredible beauty of its geography, and the well developed transport system, make this country a very attractive destination for all travellers.

:wink3: :smug: :smug:

well i'm from canada. i hear we have good beer but i barely drink it. :P

it gets really cold in winter.

i suck at politics and don't have an interest in them so i'll just keep my mouth shut. besides the fact that we just got a new prime minister....but i forget his name. :lol:

we say the word "eh" a lot apparantly, which i guess is true. :P

Thanks everybody:)

Now I am going to write about my country:)

Our capital is ANKARA.Everybody thought it is Istanbul but not:)

I am leaving in Istanbul:)Which is in Europe and in Asia:) ıSTANBUL İS THE BRİGDE:)

Turkey is a republic, and maybe 90% is Muslim (me too)

I don't cover my head with that thing:)

We have a long history,Ottomans, Anatolia, and finally MUSTAFA KEMAL:))

But before Ottomans, I think with A.C 751 TALAS war, then coming to Anatolia is A.C 1071:)

We have priminister and some stuff(I don't know that terms in English sorry:))

29th october 1923 was the day Turkey became republic.

Actually explaining is hard, if u have questions I would really want to answer,

Like I have some

to Ireland, When did u get seperated as North and Normal sorry I do not know how u use it and why?and do u know how your people reach to Britain first?

to Chile,

Do u know how your people reach there,Chile first time??

to Chezk Republic)If I wrote wrong really sorry:))

Do u still have some Communism habits?

and to Australia

I know Knaberra is the capital, :) but how is your school system? do u go to school or just from the computer? I heard about it that's why I ask it:)

and do u have a priminister?

thanks again if u wanna ask me something go on:)

kiss ya:)

AUSTRALIA'S CAPITAL IS CAMBERRA AND THEY DO HAVE A PRIMER MINISTER. ALL COMMONWEALTH, WELL MOST, HAVE PRIME MINISTERS.

YOU MEAN WHEN IT WAS REACHED FOR THE SPANIOLS OR THE ABORIGENES (INDIES)? CAUSE THE SPANISH CAME HERE ON THE 1700 MAINLY AND THEY WENT TO CALLAO, WHICH IT WAS BY THE TIME THE MOST IMPORTANT PORT, THAT'S IN PERÚ, AND THERE WAS THING THERE CALLED THE 'BIRREINATO ESPAÑOL' AND IT'S WAS WHERE THE SPANISH LIKE SEND THE ORDER AND LIKE THE 'CONQUERED' US. A MAND CALLED PEDRO DE VALDIVIA & DIEGO DE ALMAGRO LIKE 'CONQUERED' US AND OUR 'SABIOUR' WAS BERNANRDO O'HIGGINS........ WELL IF YOU WANT DETAILS JUST ASK, BECAUSE THAT'S LIKE THE MOST GENERAL, GENREAL IDEA!

NO! THERE WAS THIS 'SAILOR', CRISTOBAL COLON AND HE DISCOVERED AMERICA. AND THEN THE SPANISHS STARTED TO 'CONQUER' HERE... AND PORTUGUESES ON BRASIL.

WE HAD 'REINATOS' THAT ARE LIKE HUGE PIECES ON LANDS, WITH IMAGINARY BORDERS. AND THERE YOU HAD LIKE CITIES AND SO..... CHILE BELONG TO THE 'BIREINATO DEL PERÚ' AND THERE WHERE LIKE TWO BIG ONES (DE LA PLATA IS THE OTHER ONE) WHEN WE BECAME INDEPENDENT ABOUT 200 YEARS AGO, 12 FEB., WE GOT OUR BORERS AND THE ON THE PACIFIC WAR GOT THE NORTH AND LOST THE PATAGONIA (ARG)