✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LIFE IN TECHNICOLOR II TABS

Divutian

Hi guys, I started learning guitar a while ago and i've really wanted to learn life in technicolor ii but the tabs I found either didn't work well or used barre chords. The reason I can't use barre chords is because my guitar has a extra wide neck and even if i manage to do it it sounds really bad. I can't use Coldplaykb's tutorial for the same reason. I'm fine with a capo or alternate tuning.

I found the first chord which has a capo on the second fret and the A and D strings are on fret 2. I can't find the next ones. 

So, If anyone has chords for this song with no barre chords and no bits where you put your thumb on the low E, PLEASE SEND THEM!

• 1 month later...

I transcribed this from a video of Chris (he doesn't use barre chords for this song) and it sounds spot on to me: https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/tab/coldplay/life-in-technicolor-ii-chords-2087989

I'm guessing you've already tried this and didn't like it. Can I ask what sounds wrong?

no bits where you put your thumb on the low E,

If you want it to sound just like the original then you'll have to play it like Chris does

Edited by uttamo
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, uttamo said:

I transcribed this from a video of Chris (he doesn't use barre chords for this song) and it sounds spot on to me: https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/tab/coldplay/life-in-technicolor-ii-chords-2087989

I'm guessing you've already tried this and didn't like it. Can I ask what sounds wrong?

If you want it to sound just like the original then you'll have to play it like Chris does

I've tried the capo 2 version on ultimate guitar and it's okay... for some reason all the versions (even the alternate tuning one) dont sound like the studio mix does. It sounds like chris removed al the high eq from the guitar track. Im anyway getting a acoustic guitar soon with pickup so i'll try that. Thanks for the help!