✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A Few More Unreleased Titles From The Viva Era

BlueMonkey

Hey guys, not sure if anyone's mentioned this previously (I did search but couldn't find any threads on this) but there's a few unreleased song titles that appear in the AHFOD film that I haven't really seen mentioned much (from the Viva era) :'Tims Soup' 'Junk''Trick Of Light' & 'Series Of Moments'.

Trick Of Light might be an early version of Lovers In Japan as it appears alongside it on the list. However they were putting two songs on one track (like YES / Chinese Sleep Chant etc) in the Viva era so it could be an entirely different song.

The full list that appears in the film (at 1:02:31) is :

• 'Tims Soup' 
  • 'Charm Of St.Stephen'
  • 'Trick Of Light' / 'L. In Japan' 
  • 'Loveless with whistling riff'
  • 'Series Of Moments'
  • 'Bloodless Revolution Structure'
  • 'Fall Of Man (Vox / Riff)'
  • 'Junk' with missing beat'
  • 'Dm Sad Piece

It appears while Chris is playing a live version of Prospekt's March.

Edited by BlueMonkey
  • Like 2

Amazing BlueMonkey, a great find! I always wanted to know what was on that list... 😉 

was just thinking today how little scraps and bits get onto new albums when we are not expecting it at all....

the Viva era was probably the most productive in terms of finished output - many songs were given away or scrapped entirely, but maybe we haven't seen the end of that yet... 🙂 

• Like 1

On 9/5/2022 at 8:52 PM, BlueMonkey said:

Hey guys, not sure if anyone's mentioned this previously (I did search but couldn't find any threads on this) but there's a few unreleased song titles that appear in the AHFOD film that I haven't really seen mentioned much (from the Viva era) :'Tims Soup' 'Junk''Trick Of Light' & 'Series Of Moments'.

Trick Of Light might be an early version of Lovers In Japan as it appears alongside it on the list. However they were putting two songs on one track (like YES / Chinese Sleep Chant etc) in the Viva era so it could be an entirely different song.

The full list that appears in the film (at 1:02:31) is :

• 'Tims Soup' 
  • 'Charm Of St.Stephen'
  • 'Trick Of Light' / 'L. In Japan' 
  • 'Loveless with whistling riff'
  • 'Series Of Moments'
  • 'Bloodless Revolution Structure'
  • 'Fall Of Man (Vox / Riff)'
  • 'Junk' with missing beat'
  • 'Dm Sad Piece

It appears while Chris is playing a live version of Prospekt's March.

Pretty sure it's "Tims song" 😄

the last line goes on "...sad piece is go w. R.."

12 hours ago, I ran away said:

Pretty sure it's "Tims song" 😄

the last line goes on "...sad piece is go w. R.."

Ooooh you might be right haha. It did look a lot like 'soup' but 'song' makes more sense ha!

However we do have the "two little figures in a soup bowl' line in Prospekts March from the same era, so we know Chris Martin's a soup fan.😆