• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adam changed his avi on twitter... Wasn't he cute? :blush:

Save0038.JPG

:laugh3:

I think we can't deny he's hot but my heart goes to the lovely Jesse :heart:

Adam says: you're right, Jesse is the best of us!

Maroon+5+Visits+Sirius+XM+Radio+6iGhLwkM1rgl.jpg

:D

--edit----------

@Violetsparks: nice new avi!! XD

AWWWWW, he was a CUTE little boy. :blush:

Yeah, I love Jesse's character. :nice: They both look so precious together in that photo, too. :wacko:

Oh, speaking of which, M5 put up a new video blog the other day on MySpace about the limited box edition of the album. Adam and Jesse were both on it, and they were SO CUTE. It was funny. :wacky:

I'm glad you like the new avi, BTW. Thanks. :smiley:

Just having my first listen to the new album right now. I really like it! :D Atm i think my standout tracks would be Misery, Never Gonna Leave This Bed, How and Don't Know Nothing. Loving the acoustic version of Misery too! :wacky:

Acoustic version of "Misery" > normal album version of "Misery." That is all. :heart:

Jesse & Adam are cute together <3 You really feel how close they are to eachother, true best friends!

As for Misery, I like both version equally...The accoustic one is just lovely and the album one is sooo catchy, I love the bumpy bassline on it :dance:

Considering the album, after a few listen now, I'm still on :shrug: about it. Not disliking it but not fond of it either...I won't be able to change my mind after seing them live since the Paris show will be on a week day, so can't go :/ (not living in Paris suck sometimes)

Watch Adam and Jesse here.[/url]

The boxset is really cool!!! I like bands that take the time and effort to put collector stuffs like that for their dedicated fans (Coldplay, if you hear, me could you do THAT!! :bomb:). I'm not a M5 hardcore fan enough to buy that kind of stuff, but it's really nice (and Adam, good choice to have a Freddy pic at your house :smug: )

They're so cute together <33 (but I hate Adam's tatoos :/ and Jesse's one is ridiculous XD)

Yeah, Adam has way too many. It makes me sad. :sad: He's at least cute in the face, though. :cheesy:

+1 :lol:

I laughed when Jesse showed the lyrics, saying 'and if you want to know what the songs talked about....' I was thinking, 'usually I need them to decipher words I can't make out but with M5, I've never had any problems...' :laugh3: :rolleyes:

Who said you had to have complicated lyrics to be good?

Not meaning 'complicated' as using complicated words or phrasing, you can use simple words and find a way to make it poetic ^^ Adam's songwriting is pretty 'blunt' and, as a few exception, I find the lyrics pretty 'dull'...Not talking about the theme of the songs, I don't mind it being all love songs, but the lyrics just feel :| to me. It doesn't make me feel :awesome: or :blush: ...just :| or :) (I don't know how to express it well in english hence the smileys :laugh3: , plus being being a laptop doesn't help to convey my exact thoughts :/).

But again, I don't know where it comes from cause I like a lot of bands that have a 'simple' songwriting but there is a little 'sthg' that makes them magical and unique. M5 haven't that 'sthg' IMO.

But that doesn't make me love them less, it's just sthg that don't make them enter in my 'awesome band' list :lol:

I believe I understand what you're saying. You don't think they have enough variety in their song topics. I agree, actually. What I love about them more than anything, however, is their fusion of genres. They're a combination of pop, rock, and soul, among other things. It's that sound they have as a band that makes them one of my favorites. :smiley:

I believe I understand what you're saying. You don't think they have enough variety in their song topics. I agree, actually.

Well, like I said before, it doesn't bother me that they write only love songs...Lots of band that I like does that (Snow Patrol to name one, band that I ADORE. All their song is about Gary's relationships but his songwriting is soooo poetic, it's just :awesome:). Adam said he tried to write about other subject like politic, society, etc but he said it sounded weird :shrug: I'm sure it's not true, so bring it on :whip: They care so much about others, environnement and stuff, I'm sure he has a lot to say!

What I love about them more than anything, however, is their fusion of genres. They're a combination of pop, rock, and soul, among other things. It's that sound they have as a band that makes them one of my favorites. :smiley:

+1 what I love about them is despite the 'weak' lyrics, they manage to create catchy songs that you can't help shaking your head to. They have great melodies and that, is a great quality! What I don't really in US rock band it's that usually, the songs are all 'in your face', with guitar/bass/drums going nuts all at the time (like Linkin park). M5 on the contrary are really melodic, you can enjoy each instruments individually.

And I love Adam's voice. I'm a sucker for 'original' male voices, and you can't mistake Adam's voice with anyone else, it's so unique!! I love it :smug:

Yeah, I think they should just go for it. It would be a good step in a different direction for them to take.

Yeah, they're really catchy. The funny thing about M5 for me is when I first heard them on the radio with "This Love" so long ago, I actually hated them. :laugh4: It wasn't until I heard "Harder to Breathe" and found out it was them that I decided to give them a second chance, and I'm REALLY glad I did.

Adam's voice IS unique. :wacky: I once had someone tell me he sounded like an old man. :freak:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

OMG. they just announced a date of concert here in my country. :bigcry::bigcry: I missed them the last time they were here because they tix were sold out even before I had enough money for the concert, and they're coming back. Im sooo happy. :bigcry:

I am a little too excited because bands don't really come in here. :wacky:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

OMG. :bigcry::bigcry:: I just came home from their concert. I thought they were bad live. I mean, I've heard stories that they suck. I was wrong. they were amazing! :bigcry: and James was awesome. :awesome::bomb:

plus it's my first concert evah. worth the wait. :bigcry:

Not in order:

Misery (opening)

Harder to Breathe

Wont Go Home Without you

Stutter

Never Gonna Leave This Bed

If I Ain't Got You

This Love

She Will Be Loved

Sweetest Goodbye

Wake Up Call

Sunday Morning

Hands All Over

Makes Me Wonder

They might have played a few other songs that I can't remember. :sick: They were really amazing. :bomb: They sounded almost flawless. :bigcry: