✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Maroon 5

Sweet One

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd agree with you on that one! I haven't even finished listening to it yet, and I can't get past Ladykiller! I just bought the deluxe version at Walmart yesterday, and I'm very eager to fully listen to the whole album, but I can't get past that one song. I'm a big Maroon 5 fan, but I have to say, this album is kind of a let down. They might as well have put Moves Like Jagger on it in every country! (They only put it on the album as a bonus track in a certain amount of countries). (I still have the digipak version of Hands All Over from the day it came out, without Moves Like Jagger on it. I dont know whether to want the version of Overexposed with MLJ, or the Hands All Over version with MLJ.)

"Ladykiller" bores me. I doubt I'll play it that much (if at all). If all else fails, just skip it. You'll have to endure "Fortune Teller," but then you'll get to "Sad," which is the best song on the album, IMO.

As to your album question, I don't see the point in getting either album. They released it as a standalone single, and since they only have the song on certain editions of the album, I'm assuming they want it kept that way. Personally, I feel like it'd fit better on "Overexposed," just because the track was sort of a precursor to the style that we got with that album.

I was a huge fan of them when their first album came out. Thought it was brilliant as the sound was very different to what was on air. Then the second album came out and everything went down hill from there.

Their sound is so commericalized that they don't sound like the band from Songs About Jane. If I didn't know better, I would have thought that they were two different bands.

I understand that bands need to evolve their sound as time goes by but bands who do that always hold on to that element of music that makes them who they are. Maroon 5 pretty much threw out that element. Wasted my money buying the second album, didn't bother buying the third after hearing their single and was pretty much shock to hear they have another one out.

I don't mean to come in here and talk shit about the band (as I hate people doing that in my fav band threads) but I needed to rant. :P

Also, anyone else think Levine's voice is getting worse by each album? I cannot stand his voice anymore. I literally have to mute the radio whenever that crap Payphone song comes on.

I'll get shit for this, but I honestly think the album is better than Hands All Over, I couldn't stand that album (MLJ was ok). . That being said the saving grace of Overexposed is the beginning, the first 6 songs are good, and so is sad. The rest I could do without. I'm not saying it's a great album, but it grew on me a little... Not the way MX grew on me, but it grew. After all that, Songs about Jane is still the best from them.

Oh, and Wiz Khalifa on Payphone is the worst moment in Maroon 5's history

The text is bit confuse, but that's how I feel:

Ok, I heard it 2 times, and as Violet said, it was actually really hard to finish the whole thing, sometimes the songs are just harmeless and do nothing to me, in others it get's REALLY annoying. Adam's voice was never so annoying, really. The first song does nothing to me, when I first heard Payphone I hated, I still don't like it, but I guess I just got used to it after so many radio plays. And after that it's hard to say what I think, all the songs just sound so similar to each other.

They were never really good at lyrics, but this time there are just some really stupid ones, but that's just a detail compared to the disaster this album is. Of course I liked a few, that's the mission of those mainstream pop albums, all of them just need 4 or 5 catchy singles, and one of the songs you WILL like, it's almost impossible not to. The real problem with Overexposed is that it has 12 possible singles, all of them generic, these songs belong somewhere between One Direction and Aerosmith, although Maroon 5 doesn't sound like a band at all on this album. Now I can understand why did Jesse got out of the band, because there's no band anymore. I think, and DO hope this is the closest we'll ever get to an Adam's solo album.

It's just impossible for me to see this as an propper album, it seems like just a boy band's greatest hits cd. Songs About Jane was a pleasent and fun pop rock album, It Won't be Soon Before Long was even better with really nice funky elements and a really interesting pop sound. But it seems that since the last album all Maroon 5 wants is having hit singles, they don't even take the effort to make a good album in that genre, Overexposed is a really bad album on it's on category, even Rihanna's last two albums (wich are bad) are better tha this one, and I won't even talk about her good ones. All in all I guess we'll problably never hear again that refreshig pop bad from some years ago.

Score: 3.5/10

Liked: Tickets

Not that bad songs: Daylight, Sad, Doin' Dirt

Really bad ones: The Man Who Never Lied, Love Somebody and Payphone

Bad ones: the rest

PS: If there's anything good on this album is the artwork, I enjoyed it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...