✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Beck

*Justine*

New Beck Songs to Be Included on Scott Pilgrim Deluxe Soundtrack

pilgrim__.jpg

So Beck wrote a bunch of songs for Michael Cera's fictional band Sex Bob-Omb that will be featured in the forthcoming flick Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World (out August 13) as well as its soundtrack (out August 10). Beck wrote and played the tunes, but actors in the movie do the singing.

But, as the Playlist reports, Beck penned a whole slew of songs for the movie that didn't make the cut. Three of those grungy, lo-fi, Times New Viking-inspired, Beck-sung tracks, "Summertime", "Threshold", and "Garbage Truck", are available on the deluxe edition of the soundtrack. In fact, one of them, "Summertime", is available on iTunes right now. (The Sex Bob-Omb versions of "Summertime" and "Threshhold" also appear on the soundtrack.)

In other Scott Pilgrim news, check out our recent interview with Brendan Canning of Broken Social Scene, who also wrote music for the film. In other Beck news, he's in the middle of his quest to collaborate with every worthwhile musician on earth right now.

http://pitchfork.com/news/39509-new-beck-songs-to-be-included-on-iscott-pilgrimi-deluxe-soundtrack/

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'm on the hunt for music. Even though he's in my top 5 I only just bothered to get Golden Feelings and a few other rarities aside from Soul Manure and One Foot in The Grave which I already had.

Now I wanna find the live show he did in Austin with the Flaming Lips. Can any one help me out?

I know they have it on youtube, but that's about it.

also have you checked out more of his b-sides? (there's quite a few from some singles he did), or also taking part of some compilations (like looking at my iTunes he did "True Love Will Find You In the End" a song by Daniel Johnston)

edit: I'm also surprised how quiet this thread is. It doesn't seem there are too many beck fans on the forum

I might just rip it off there.

But no, I'm missing b-sides. They should be easy to get.

His cover of TLWFYITE is nothing on the original.

People on this forum have no taste so that's no surprise, there was a Led Zep album recently.

yeah.

I have a bunch of the b-sides. Getting the deluxe edition of Odelay and The Information helped. Also my brother got a few singles that have b-sides. I can try to help you find them.

I haven't heard the original.

yeah yeah yeah... whatever...

• 5 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

He'll be remembered within the right circles for a long time I hope. I really think he'll become a legend. Consistently releasing at least good albums since his very first when he was meant to be a one hit wonder. When he's done, in a few decades people will see just how much he created and just how varying and genre bending it all was.

• 8 months later...

Kinda old news, but

Beck has announced that his newest album will arrive in the form of Beck Hansen's Song Reader, meaning you won't know what the songs sound like unless you put some work in. What is a song reader, you ask? It's an experimental collection of individual pieces of sheet music. In this case, none of the 20 songs have been recorded or released before. It'll be available through indie publishing house McSweeney's in December of this year.

"The songs here are as unfailingly exciting as you'd expect from their author, but if you want to hear 'Do We? We Do,' or 'Don't Act Like Your Heart Isn't Hard,' bringing them to life depends on you," reads the McSweeney's site. That is correct, you'll have to literally play the songs yourself. In addition to the sheet music, the package will include original art from an array of visual artists across 109 pages. Readers' and select musicians' versions of the song will later be featured on the McSweeney's site.

http://pitchfork.com/news/47436-beck-announces-details-of-his-song-reader/

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

This article is dated Feb 11, but is sounds like it was written before the Grammy Awards

http://www.movienewsguide.com/musicians-pays-tribute-to-becks-album-watch-video/52237

Musicians Pay Tribute to Beck’s Album

Several musical acts are going to YouTube to pay tribute to the musician and his album “Morning Phase,” which is nominated for Album of the Year in the Grammys. It went up against the albums of British singer Sam Smith, music producer Pharell and global pop star Beyonce.

Each artist went and covered Beck’s song from his album and, at the same time, fiddled with the songs melodies harmonies with the different use of their voices, guitars, a cappella and a lot more.

The musician is set to play a collaboration with Coldplay frontman Chris Martin at Sunday’s Grammys. Most likely they’ll play one of the songs from “Morning Phase,” which made news last year upon its release. Beck made the album free to stream for all airline passengers who were using the Inflight Internet feature of Gogo.

We have some of the artists’ covers that you can listen to and then go ahead and listen to original versions. For those of you that feel that some of the songs ring a lot of bells, Beck has said that “Morning Phase” is sort of sequel to his album “Sea of Change” that was released in 2002, which was also covered by other artists.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
Anyone here listening to Beck? I like his new album --- Colors. Seems like he is enjoying every bit of it, a marriage between Midnite Vultures and The Information. Favorite track hands down is Seventh Heaven.

Yeah, I love 'Dreams', 'Up All Night' and the title track a lot. notice that two songs on the album have VERY similar titles to ones of a CERTAIN OTHER BAND? ;)