Beck

*Justine*

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beck - The Information

it has finally leaked!

to be honest, i never was a fan of Beck, i quite enjoyed Odelay and heard some other songs of him. but that's all. for some reasons i got excited before the release of Information!

the album is quite good actually, has some highlights (Think I'm In Love, Cellphone's Dead) for me. not the best album of the year, but really enjoyable. i'll even maybe buy it when it releases here.

after first listening: 8.1/10

Well I like Beck. I like Sea Change and Odelay talking about old stuff and I think the new album is pretty good too. Nausea, We Dance Alone and Cell Phone Is Dead are my favourites off album so far :nice:

*Spread carzy Beck love*

Thanks Nik and Lera!

I'm not a huge fan either but thats because i downloaded his albums just a week ago so i haven't got a chance to listen to all of them yet

So far so good! I really enjoy his music!

Edit: Oh,lera, i watched the battle :uhoh: "now you're the dancer in the dark!"

Beck banned from the charts

New album's extra features breaks rules

Beck's new album 'The Information' has been banned from the UK chart.

The record, which was released on October 2, has fallen foul of the rules set by the Official Chart Company.

The packaging of the CD, which includes a DVD feature and stickers that allow fans to design their own artwork, has made the album illegible in Sunday's (October 8) countdown.

According to the OCC, the DVD of homemade videos for every song on the LP, plus the four random sticker sets designed by artists handpicked by Beck, have been designated as giving 'The Information' an "unfair advantage".

NME

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Beck remakes "Odelay"

(Friday December 28, 2007 02:03 PM)

Beck's landmark "Odelay" album is to get a deluxe reissue, featuring a host of rarities and new songs, it has been confirmed.

Twelve years since it originally came out, the new version includes the previously unreleased "Inferno" and "Gold Chains", which did not make the final cut.

The two-CD set will also feature 16 B-Sides, alongside remixes of "Odelay" tracks by the likes of UNKLE and Aphex Twin.

The package also features "Burro", a Spanish version of "Jackass", plus the original album in its entirety.

"Odelay" is re-released on January 28, 2008.

http://uk.news.launch.yahoo.com/dyna/article.html?a=/071228/340/hr4sx.html&e=l_news_dm

• 4 months later...

New Beck Track Available to hear...

hey guys, i dunno if you know about Beck and his new album coming out somewhat soon, but he posted one of his new songs "Chemtrails" on his home site http://beck.com and also his myspace http://www.myspace.com/beck

i really think the track is good and i can't wait for his new album... it's very reminicent of Sea Change/Mutations. my only gripe is the song is a bit short, and i hear that all the songs are gonna be short which kinda sucks