✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Beck

*Justine*

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, thanks for the heads up. Chemtrails sounds awesome. I much prefer the Beck of Sea Change/Mutations/The Information. Rich, melancholic, melodic head candy. Sea Change is one of the best albums ever, in my opinion. I am very excited at the news of Beck's new album.

Oh yeah, and no worries about the album tracks being short. This is from the Rolling Stone article:

The original vision for Modern Guilt was 10 short tracks. “I was hoping all the songs would be two minutes long,” Beck says, “but then I got rid of all the short songs.”

• 4 weeks later...

New Beck album (Modern Guilt) Tracklisting, etc...

from pitchfork:

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news/51243-beck-reveals-full-imodern-guilti-details-at-last

51878.modernguilt.gif?

Finally, it all comes together: the forthcoming Danger Mouse-produced LP from the chameleonic song-and-dance man they call Beck is indeed called Modern Guilt, and is due July 7 in the UK and Europe from XL, with a North American release the next day, July 8, from DGC.

The 10-tune set, roughly 30 minutes in length features none other than Cat Power on a track called "Walls", and the whole tracklist is available after the jump.

Beck's just shy of a fortnight away from the start of his summer tour, which finds him hitting Europe through this month and next, and North America in August and September. As you know, Band of Horses join him for a couple shows.

Modern Guilt:

01 Orphans

02 Gamma Ray

03 Chemtrails

04 Modern Guilt

05 Youthless

06 Walls (ft. Cat Power)

07 Replica

08 Soul of a Man

09 Profanity Prayers

10 Volcano

-----

I can't wait for this new album... it's gonna be awesome

• 3 weeks later...

Beck!

I didnt see Beck listed in the organizer... The new album Modern Guilt sounds very good on first listen! Ive been a fan of Becks since Odelay and wish this artist was more prolific.

Modern Guilt has made an incredible first impression and may easily surpass some of my favorites for 2008...

Anyone else like Beck or heard the new album?

I saw him on Friday evening at O2 wireless! He was great.

I've always been a kind of fan of his, but never got round to listening to albums...

I have two songs of his and they're both from film soundtracks 'Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometimes' from Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.... and Diamond Dogs, from Moulin Rouge.

I know that 'Loser' song he did too, which is a classic one. Need to get into him more!

I will do!

I'm hoping to get all the albums from my friend though, and she is without internet at the moment to send them to me :\

still, when she does, I will definitely listen.

One thing I noticed about his songs is that they often end when you least expect! Quite abruptly!

I saw him on Friday evening at O2 wireless! He was great.

I've always been a kind of fan of his, but never got round to listening to albums...

I have two songs of his and they're both from film soundtracks 'Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometimes' from Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.... and Diamond Dogs, from Moulin Rouge.

I know that 'Loser' song he did too, which is a classic one. Need to get into him more!

You get around don't you :P

• 7 months later...

He's mixing business with leather, Christmas with Heather

Freaks flock together, makin' all the b-boys scream

I still can't believe that there was no Beck's thread down here.

Now, let's talk about music.

Well it's way too difficult for me to choose just one album or one song. I love the way how he changes his music and still manages to remain the same guy. Can't say whether it's Midnite Vultures or The Information can't decide between Cellphone's Dead or Black Tambourine (these were just examples of my being indecisive ;) ).

I dunno if you guys know but Beck was on Nigel Godrich's "From the Basement" over a year ago, and did some songs. However since i live in the states i could not see his performance but someone posted his performance on youtube so i figured i'd post in case anyone wanted to see it or have been searching for it (like me)

Motorcade:

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Cellphone's Dead:

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Landslide:

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Think I'm In Love

[ame=

]
[/ame]

the performance of Motorcade is just great, especially the middle when that computer sound is only playing and on