✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Chris has been writing to the council!

busybeeburns

Chris Martin has written an impassioned letter to people opposing this year's Glastonbury - urging for a licence to be granted for this year's festival, NME.COM can exclusively reveal.

The Coldplay frontman considers last year's Glastonbury performance was one of the highlights of the band's career to date.

However, this year's event hangs in the balance after the licence was refused last December. An appeal hearing is scheduled for this evening (February 17), and Martin has put his opinions forward in a letter to those concerned that the event will be disruptive.

A source close to the festival told NME.COM: "The Eavis family and Coldplay are close, and Chris feels strongly that the festival should go ahead this year."

Licence permitting, this year's Glastonbury is scheduled to run over the weekend of June 27-29.

Just been watching all about this meeting on the news - they may not even hold the meeting tonight because villagers opposing the festival are feeling threatened because of graffiti that's appeared on their houses, so it's felt that there will be an imbalance of opinion at the meeting (cos the opposing ones are too frightened to turn up) and therefore it won't be fair.

I dunno the update.

I think he moved everyone to tears because he burnt his accordion last time and no-one could stand the smoke ;)

AAAAAHHHHAAAAAA!!!!!!! OMG too frenetic accordian playing !!!! AAAAAAAGGH!!!!!! That's SOOOOOO funny !!!!

Ha ha ha ha - did he do the same to his didgeridoo???? oooohooo !!!!! :lol:

I think he moved everyone to tears because he burnt his accordion last time and no-one could stand the smoke ;)

AAAAAHHHHAAAAAA!!!!!!! OMG too frenetic accordian playing !!!! AAAAAAAGGH!!!!!! That's SOOOOOO funny !!!!

Ha ha ha ha - did he do the same to his didgeridoo???? oooohooo !!!!! :lol:

lol i had to laugh like mad when i read this :lol:

what is this glastonbury festival? why is it such a big deal? *speaking as a dumb dane*

It's just a huge festival with everyone who's everyone playing, and it USED to be much more accessible to all, but now that they've fixed up the fences properly and put policemen and dogs around the perimeter, it's more like Colditz than Glastonbury :shock: . However, once you're inside, you forget all that crap and just enjoy the best music around! :D Coldplay made their debut last year .... this year, who knows?!

8)

The local villagers get pissy, you see.

Well, some of them do.

Oh, and despite rumours, I have never been :(

what is this glastonbury festival? why is it such a big deal? *speaking as a dumb dane*

It's just a huge festival with everyone who's everyone playing, and it USED to be much more accessible to all, but now that they've fixed up the fences properly and put policemen and dogs around the perimeter, it's more like Colditz than Glastonbury :shock: . However, once you're inside, you forget all that crap and just enjoy the best music around! :D Coldplay made their debut last year .... this year, who knows?!

8)

The local villagers get pissy, you see.

Well, some of them do.

Oh, and despite rumours, I have never been :(

thank you for answering my question, i was getting worried :D I hate villigers! Thay should be shot :sniper: But really it depends on how long it is... i would get it if it was constant music in a month. but cant they handle some days! :x I'll wish the best for all glastonbury's goers *crosses finger*

does she still sings? :D

Nah..now she is a Doctor of Pholosophy but she used to always be in bands. She moved form folk to jazz and then became a singing teacher-then when I left home she went to Uni and got all intelligent on my arse-ended up doing a phd and now she's a freakin' acedemic!