✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

the day after tomorrow...

Valleyboy

I can't decide if I want to see "The Day After Tomorrow" or not.

Part of me wants to, because I'm fascinated by natural disasters (even if, from what I understand, the way they happen in the movie is laughably implausible).

But... Roland Emmerich has made some of the most embarrassingly bad movies I've ever seen ("TODAY IS OUR INDEPENDENCE DAY!" :rolleyes: :lol: )

I'll wait until some sap I know buys it on DVD and then just watch until all the cool special effects are done. :P

I enjoyed the movie, but it was a little unrealistic.

Lets send everyone in the Southern U.S. to Mexico! and Dennis Quaid's character was safe in a sweatshirt inside his tent, but if he went outside he would freeze to death in a matter of seconds. Also, let's not forget he had to walk from Philadelphia to New York City in this weather, and he made it! :stunned:

Against my better judgement, I saw this movie... and boy was it awful.

Time for a poll!

What was the hokiest part of "The Day After Tomorrow?"

1) Being able to complete roughly 50% of the dialogue before it was said.

2) The feeble attempts at subplots (father/son, romance, zzz...)

3) The Vice President-turned-President (who was an obvious film version of Dick Cheney) giving his inevitable "today we step into a brave new world..." speech and admitting he was wrong. The real Dick Cheney would never do that!

4) Oh no! We're in the eye of the "ice storm" and we have to outrun the cold air!

5) And outrun wolves too!

6) The hilariously cliche-ridden dialogue was so bad I have to mention it twice. "I made a promise..." *dramatic pause* "...and I'm going to keep it."

7) The very premise for the movie is ridiculous, but without it... you know, no movie, so I won't hold that against them.

I want to be easy on it, but it clearly aspires to being more than just light summertime entertainment.

Against my better judgement, I saw this movie... and boy was it awful.

Time for a poll!

What was the hokiest part of "The Day After Tomorrow?"

1) Being able to complete roughly 50% of the dialogue before it was said.

2) The feeble attempts at subplots (father/son, romance, zzz...)

3) The Vice President-turned-President (who was an obvious film version of richard Cheney) giving his inevitable "today we step into a brave new world..." speech and admitting he was wrong. The real richard Cheney would never do that!

4) Oh no! We're in the eye of the "ice storm" and we have to outrun the cold air!

5) And outrun wolves too!

6) The hilariously cliche-ridden dialogue was so bad I have to mention it twice. "I made a promise..." *dramatic pause* "...and I'm going to keep it."

7) The very premise for the movie is ridiculous, but without it... you know, no movie, so I won't hold that against them.

I want to be easy on it, but it clearly aspires to being more than just light summertime entertainment.

:lol:

i thought the same thing!

the dialogue, oh my god, i tried REALLY hard to keep from laughing during the quiet parts... my friend are i were mouthing the dialogue to each other before they said it. :lol:

the storm part was believable, if you suspend logic for a bit. but i loved how the wolves are HUGE and go after the kids even though there are tons of bodies already lying around. :rolleyes: