ARI....Bea!

Joyce

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to go with, to the concert? :D that's great. :dance:

i hope you've fixed the problem you had :kiss:

you should try to attend David Fonseca in Barcelona (13th march sala bikini) or in Terrassa (14th march faktoria d'arts), he does an amazing show. :nice: i'm sad i can't attend any of those this time :( and i fear i'll have to skip Keren Ann concert too. :bigcry:

i don't know the results yet :( and no news about practices. :\

i've got hooked to BB music again :uhoh: ... surely i'll book wembley flight soon. :)

i haven't got my mixtape yet... and i'm a bit late with some projects (no uni related so no big harm). the kid don't focus, so improves few. :\

but anyways generally it was a good week. :) although i'd like it were better, i still hope to change some things soon.

hey anita, i've said that on the post above. :)

how are you doing? :hug: I hope everything is fine.

sotw:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMDSPmdNiiU]YouTube - Step On My Old Size Nines[/ame]

^just cause i find it funny, i've been singing that this whole week.

sotd:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbwydor_YiI]YouTube - Benjamin Biolay - Los Angeles[/ame]

^Ok Ok i'm hooked on his music again (although my lastfm is broken and can't count the millions times i've listened his songs this week too :P )

his sister?? didn't know that he has a sister!!

well, i only have A L'Origine and Rose Kennedy, i like both :)

:o i should look for the ones and lend you them ;)

yep he has a sister, called Coralie Clèment. :) they played together on his concert in my city :smug: and another woman i still don't know who is :uhoh:

anyways he has worked with another artists as Keren Ann (which i can't see for second time :bigcry: )

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

oh i didn't knew i had some questions here, sorry for late reply :embarassed:

@ sally: easter break was good, i was with my grandma, i visited some museums and generally enjoyed it (i had a coldplay moment at the museum :wacky:

(that remind me that i hadn't had uploaded those pics yet :uhoh: )

@ zaza: hey how are you doing?

@ Ahlem: i'm doing fine, near the weekend and close to finish uni :dance:

anyways the reasons to bump the thread is that:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjetBXDdJCY[/ame]

^the singer-songwriter of this song has died yesterday. :( it is a big shock for our musicians here. he was working on his last album since 4 months ago and was going to tour this summer. That song really is one of the anthems of the 80's generation here. Not that i liked him much, but i reckon he has influenced many bands here.

also casuality; here is the spanish version of Life on Mars tv serie, and the title chosen is of this song "La Chica de Ayer", the serie started this month.

That song has been sung by other spanish bands too, and in my opinion has influenced others like for instance M-Clan Carolina. (i think i posted that one some time ago on this thread).

i hope everyone is doing fine :hug:

• 3 weeks later...

haha :lol:

fine and you :)

btw i just got some got some results of my exams :\

i passed maths but not programs now i have to retake it :dozey:

ohh yeah i saw it the other time the poetry thread but i forgot to go there silly me :P

i'm going to discover another beautiful work ;)

and you then, how is it going? :nice:

haha :lol:

fine and you :)

btw i just got some got some results of my exams :\

i passed maths but not programs now i have to retake it :dozey:

ohh yeah i saw it the other time the poetry thread but i forgot to go there silly me :P

i'm going to discover another beautiful work ;)

and you then, how is it going? :nice:

congrats for maths and sorry for programs :(

you'll pass it this time :thumbsup:

is ok, are just 4 pages, a scene. i've uploaded the "next" scene, on another pdf (didn't left the link here), are 6 pages and in spanish...

i'm doing pretty fine, i've studied this morning and wrote since afternoon.... well from time to time. :p

great, continue like this ;)

but i didn't find it there i mean your work :(

thanks that's what i am doing, but at times i don't know how to make it go, i mean it goes a bit different as my original idea.. :thinking:

don't worry.

here is the first part i've shown (4 pages in english, a scene that in my opinion resumes the story leaving yet mystery, that scene is from the middle of the story, not the beginning nor the end of the story).

here is the second part i've uploaded (6 pages in spanish, next scene after the first one).

warn you that is not the final version yet, so may have some changes yet.

:curtain:

wow really Placebo's album is growing on me now :stunned:

i still find it is a resume of their previous albums.... so far no bleeding heart on the new songs, and so not any weird story. :thinking: at least on the ones i've listened more.

and once more the first songs i tried to skip turn to be the ones i like most later.

(Bright Lights, Devil in the details, Speak in Tongues, Kitty Litter).

Phoenix one is great too. :thumbsup:

:bomb: 2 weeks for first exam :bomb:

*goes back to work*

• 3 weeks later...

long time since i posted here, i was busy with exams those weeks.

thanks a lot ahlem, it went pretty well. :)

--

so as some people have already noticied, i'm in that time of the year again when i check some bands i've always heard about but that i had never checked so... let me tell you my trip.

first off i was working on a story, i always use music to help me with some parts, well so there was a dark part and so i decided to check some bands i suppoused would be dark, but i couldn't check Placebo because i already know them.. so i came up to listen to HIM, the whole discography in like 2 days... i got disappointed a bit, because they may sound or look dark but i don't find their lyrics that dark... still i liked them.

then i decided to check metal bands, and as i already checked Iron Maiden like 3 months ago i decided to check Black Sabbath, as always i started listening the old albums, and i started with "Masters of Reality".

So finally yesterday i decided to check Kiss and The Cure.

As i've said i only care for the music and the lyrics, it doesn't mean i'll dress like them or anything.

In the meanwhile, this thursday i decided to play the guitar again, and i managed to play at least 1 hour a day, revised the songs i knew to play and tried new ones.

On the second day i did some play on my own and i came up with a short melody that i liked and i found easily to fit some lyrics to it (back then), next day i replayed it and tried to make it longer so came up with part 2, on the 3rd day i tried to build a middle melody to fix those two, and i came up with a 3rd melody, so i make it all together; hopefully i'll record it and update it. I think is nothing big, but a good thing to start with.

I also wrote 4 new poems that i already posted, and i got to part 6 on the story i am updating there, yet i have to update that last part there and translate the previous one, i'm yet waiting for some more feedback.

So here i leave my s.o.t.d.:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5h6sIVpWLE]YouTube - H.I.M.-The Sacrament(live)[/ame]

^ i like the lyrics.