✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Thirteen Senses

Hicksy

Anybody else like Thirteen Senses?

Ive just started to listen to them and i think they're pretty good!

I think they're sort of like a cross between Coldplay and Keane...

My favourite songs off their album are:

- Into the fire

- Do no wrong

Anybody elses opinions?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

Woooo, a thread for Thirteen Senses! :)

Discovered this great band through last.fm, bless the Neighbour radio :D

The Invitation is a debut album?! Must say I like it a LOT, very beautiful.

Anyone know if they're recording a second album?

• 3 months later...

Thirteen Senses Liverpool Academy

thirteensenses.jpg

Thirteen Senses are the type of band that people who need to pigeon-hole will often stick alongside Mercury Rev, Keane and Coldplay.

Lying on your couch listening to their first album The Invitation, you might be inclined to go along with this assimilation. Will South’s vocals have the same delicate falsetto of Mercury Rev, while the band’s ethereal melodies will float you away to another dimension.

Get off the couch and into the concert hall and the feeling is entirely different.

The London-based Cornishmen are touring their second album Contact and bring a surprising force and energy into their live performance. I was impressed by the power they were able to deliver without losing any of the sweet feeling of the songs.

They began their set at Liverpool’s Academy 2 with the opening track from their second album Contact, which will be released in April. Will South is a versatile musician who switched from piano to guitar or acoustic as the set required.

With South at the piano, his beautiful voice sounding like the words of an inquisitive angel, the hallmarks were in place for the rest of the band to stamp out a newer, stronger impression upon the appreciative crowd. Although not sold out, this little venue was just right for the intimacy of the band’s musical style.

It was refreshing to see the bar area empty throughout the set as everybody in the room had turned up to watch the band, not to stand around rudely talking throughout the songs, so often the malaise in concert halls these days. In any case these songs are so intoxicating one has no need for artificial stimulants.

“You got us into this, so get us out of this,” sang the crowd on their chart hit Through The Glass, hooked on melody and enjoying the experience.

There is a harder edge to Thirteen Senses these days and the new songs, without losing any of their warm melodious appeal, carry more punch.

South’s vocals and piano will wrap your heart up in sweet melancholia, whilst the rest of the band punch a hole right through it with their driving rhythm and seering guitar.

The new song Under The Sun was typical of this, all 1970’s Genesis guitar, eerily wailing over the infectious melodies, like a sentinel patrolling your soul and ensuring that you left the room humming the song into the night.

For the encore they played two songs from The Invitation, Saving and the popular Hands Into The Fire, which had the whole house singing every line, and closed their set appropriately, with the last track on the album Contact, Ones and Zeros.

ChampNews verdict - 5/5 - Get off your couch.

Review by Tony Littler

http://www.champnews.com/html/newsstory.asp?id=5558

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

^I know, I saw the post on their myspace blog, I am going to listen to the album right now!! :dance:

EDIT: I have listened to it. It was.. good. But a bit different from their usual sound. Not that it's not a good thing, but I somehow have trouble to recognize Thirteen senses. There were some brilliant tunes, like Home, Answer and Out There. I really liked the album, but it still has to grow on me a little.

• 1 month later...