✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Will coldplay do a Kid A?

EasyToPlease

Given the band's well documented love of Radiohead, Chris's comments last year (something like they are going to "reinvent the wheel" - although i know they have slightly retracted this now) and the fact they have ditched Ken Nelson could Coldplay's third album be a complete change of direction, like Kid A.

And if it was, how would people feel about that.

I don't know, i'm unsure. I don't mind Radiohead's change, but then i wasn't really a Radiohead fan when that happened (I got most of their albums inc. OK Computer and The Bends after the release of Amnesiac). But with Coldplay, i got both albums the day they came out, knew of them since the beginning, kind of grown up with them if that makes sense and don't know whether i'd cope (ok, overdramatic) with such a change...

I agree Amnesiac was a bigger change in direction, but both albums are from the same recording sessions. Most of the Uk press regards Kid A as their change in direction really.

I didn't neccesarily mean they would release a record that sounded like Kid A (with synth and stuff), just merely if they would dramatically change their direction and style to something else, and shock a lot of people.

There would be no point in doing something that sounded like Kid A, cos it wouldn't be that surprising as Radiohead have already done it.

According to the NME, who've heard 6 new tracks, one of them is 'synth heavy'.

But it also features 'Beatles style strings' also, and ends with chris sing "woo hoo hoo". Sounds like an odd mix...

Sorry can't at this moment remember which song they were talking about, possibly x+Y, i dunno.

hopefully ken nelson leaving wont be such a big deal. I trust that, though taking a new direction, Coldplay will still be Coldplay. If that's the case, I think we're in for something quite amazing. The essence and emotion of Coldplay won't change. Some people may be afraid of too much synth. I think it will work out. Chris is a genious and if he thinks it sounds good, it probably does.

I'm done.

• 2 weeks later...

another kid a ? why dont you guys listen to hood's cold house instead. im sure coldplay would go for a great effort but experimentation far ahead of their grasp. but of course time has passed, so might as well there be a sort of new face to coldplay

I've got a better idea, Don't worry about it. When it comes out, you'll all find out what kinds of surprises they've kept in store for us. Hopefully it'll be good. If it's like a Kid A, who cares? It's Coldplay, we all love it. Even if the album turns out to suck so badly, we'll probably learn to love it,

I've got a better idea' date=' Don't worry about it. When it comes out, you'll all find out what kinds of surprises they've kept in store for us. Hopefully it'll be good. If it's like a Kid A, who cares? It's Coldplay, we all love it. Even if the album turns out to suck so badly, we'll probably learn to love it,[/quote']

I totally agree :P

i don't think coldplay will change their in terms of Synths and funny vocal effects etc. but i don't think it will remain like the previous two. But even within the first 2 albums, there's a change in sound i think. i find the Second one to be a lot more upbeat. there's no way songs like Daylight,In My Place & God Put A Smile Upon Your Face could fit anywhere on Parachutes, [i don't think]..and i also don't think We Never Change and Sparks could feature on A Rush Of Blood To The Head.

I know they're using a Kraftwerk sample in a certain song, i get the feeling it could be a dark album in places, anyone else think this? :helmet:

i don't think coldplay will change their in terms of Synths and funny vocal effects etc. but i don't think it will remain like the previous two. But even within the first 2 albums' date=' there's a change in sound i think. i find the Second one to be a lot more upbeat. there's no way songs like Daylight,In My Place & God Put A Smile Upon Your Face could fit anywhere on Parachutes, [i don't think']..and i also don't think We Never Change and Sparks could feature on A Rush Of Blood To The Head.

I know they're using a Kraftwerk sample in a certain song, i get the feeling it could be a dark album in places, anyone else think this? :helmet:

Yeah, I think that this album is leaning towards a bit more rock n' roll, but I could be wrong.

Argh... Stop worrying...

As said, Chris is a genious, and geniouses dont make mistakes.

And another thing;

Im not new to Coldplay, but im new to not only listening to their music, and instead visit message boards, getting to know their history and such.

The live 2003 DVD changhed my life, so just one thing....

Who the h'll is KEN?? :S

also worked with MEW...:D but that aside..i think on Clocks and A Whisper, he didn't quite get the sound right. although, all the other tracks from other albums, i like. But clocks doesn't seem to Kick In enough for me...and i've just grown to like it for how it is now, but when i first got the album, and heard this song..i remember thinking when all instruments are in, it didn't have a big impact. also, a Whisper, the Snare drum is hardly picked up. Maybe this is the way it was intended and wanted by the band too. I just would have chosen otherwise :)

But...with songs like In My Place, there's an exceptional production on that...especially for the few amount of instruments playing..the drums Sound Massive.

Was Ken Nelson that fat guy who was seen with the boys in Tour Diary? Or was he their manager if they have one?

the 'big guy' would be Rocky... head of security. Ken Nelson is the chap in the beginning of the Nappies video who introduces the Nappies.

:cool:

Noo, the guy at the beginning of the nappies video is George Martin, the famous beatles producer.

Was Ken Nelson that fat guy who was seen with the boys in Tour Diary? Or was he their manager if they have one?

the 'big guy' would be Rocky... head of security. Ken Nelson is the chap in the beginning of the Nappies video who introduces the Nappies.

:cool:

Noo, the guy at the beginning of the nappies video is George Martin, the famous beatles producer.

doh! :embarrased: then Ken is the bloke that is in the video when Chris says.. "ya my name's Ken.. I've got 3!"