🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

a question....

berrywoman

if it gets too dusty and any cd you use skips' date=' it might be best to clean it out.[/quote']

ok.. here's the problem..

I got a cd player in the car right.. (came with the car) a used one.. anyhoo.. it plays my regular cds just fine.. but when I put in a cd-R it sounds a bit staticy...(is that a word? :embarrased: ) At first I thought it ws the cd... but I played it on my protable cd player and on my stereo at home, and it sounds perfect. I've come to the conclusion that its just dirty.. I read the manual last night.. and it says that the lens might be dirty.. so, i gather I need to clean it... so which do you recommend??

:) much appreciated!

x

ok so.. I bought the cd lens cleaner.. and it improved the static sound a bit.. but now I'm beginning to think its the cds I burned on.. maybe they've been exposed to too much humidity (I live in a basement apartment :embarrased: ) I dont know.. I need to buy news to test this theory out. However, a friend of mine suggested that it might be the program I used to burn.. ??? I've used Windows media player.... same crap.. I used iTunes.. havent really noticed.. and some shite called 'record NOW'... I like the iTunes.. I just need more time to get familiar with it....

any suggestions as to what my problem might be?? :embarrased:

I use Nero Burning Rom, and i don't have any problems.[i could send you that over MSN if you like?..although..I don't think it would be the software you're using, especially if you've already used Windows Media Player and iTunes]

Also...I don't think it would be that your car CD player won't play CD-r's, because it probably would read 'Error' on your display,if there's one on the player..or if it didn't read as 'error' then it would just not play at all as opposed to just reading bits.

So..it could be that maybe the writer laser on your computer is a bit dusty or is maybe going dodgy :/ . It could be that you need to change your settings on the software when writing to a cd-r, maybe you're made a cd-wr and not changed the settings back. Or Finally...maybe the cd-r's are not good quality..and you need to buy some better ones. :glasses:

that is all of my help i think i can give..sorry if it's just rubbish :kid:

you're always most helpful sir *tips hat* I think I'm going to try buying the better quality cd-r's then if that fails.. I'm going to give my laptop to the IT guy at my job.... dust in the laptop sounds probable.. I never put it back in its case so..... and I get a lot of dust down here.. (basement apartment) I have to dust every other day! :stunned: