✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Amsterdam?

amsterdam528

Amsterdam is somewhat depressing song...how could Chris possibly write a depressing song whilst in Amsterdam? That place is fun if ya know what I mean :lol: :lol: :lol:

well, he doesnt do any of the 'fun things' that Amsterdam has to offer.. :P besides, the song it self is about a love he once had... that helped him thru a difficult time... (at least, thats what I take from it)

Amsterdam is somewhat depressing song...how could Chris possibly write a depressing song whilst in Amsterdam? That place is fun if ya know what I mean :lol: :lol: :lol:

no no no! no depressing song!

that's one of the best Coldplay songs ever!

i love that piano

^Exactly

Beisdes, Just cause a songs named something, Never means it has to appear in the lyrics, Loads of coldplay songs are like that

I only know 5: Amsterdam, I Bloom Blaum, Don't Panic, Parachutes and The Scientist.

Still, the question I had was, why would he choose Amsterdam as the title since I don't get any sort of Amsterdam-like impression from the song.

^Exactly

Beisdes, Just cause a songs named something, Never means it has to appear in the lyrics, Loads of coldplay songs are like that

I only know 5: Amsterdam, I Bloom Blaum, Don't Panic, Parachutes and The Scientist.

Still, the question I had was, why would he choose Amsterdam as the title since I don't get any sort of Amsterdam-like impression from the song.

for the same reasons Dont Panic, I Bloom Blaum, Parachutes or The Scientist dont.. :lol:

hmm, just thought of something, if chris wrote this after he broke up with his girlfriend, that line where he says, "you came along and cut me loose," could it mean

cut me loose as in literally cutting him loose, i.e., dumping him? cause i always thought it had a positive connotation, like saving him, but to cut loose someone also means to dump em, heh

hmm, just thought of something, if chris wrote this after he broke up with his girlfriend, that line where he says, "you came along and cut me loose," could it mean

cut me loose as in literally cutting him loose, i.e., dumping him? cause i always thought it had a positive connotation, like saving him, but to cut loose someone also means to dump em, heh

i suppose you could take it to mean two things. "stuck on the edge, tied to a noose" and being cut loose could either mean freeing him/saving him from something or it could mean that he's barely holding on, he's trapped in something but he's not over the edge yet and by cutting him loose, the person he's talking about has been the last straw or let him fall.

if you look at it in the positive way, "you can say what you mean, but it won't change a thing, i'm sick of the secrets" doesn't entirely sound very positive about the person in question...

^Exactly

for the same reasons Dont Panic, I Bloom Blaum, Parachutes or The Scientist dont.. :lol:

Plus clocks its only mentioned once, So that pretty much counts