✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Our Lady Peace

Jacob

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ye! haha

Every song on that album stands out. I mean, the album has a great message. It's about how when we feel like there is nothing left for us in life, there is always hope for a better tomorrow, a better future.

yea. Every OLP album has a different sound. Naveed was fast beat rock, clumsy had a lot of bass and was grunge sounding, Happiness.... had a lot of experimental sounds in it, Gravity was a pure rock cd, and Spiritual Machines is hard to classify, it's like a mixture of Happiness and Naveed. Spiritual Machines is their most experimental album I think.

The Bass player has good taste in muusic, he likes TOOL and U2! The new guitarist is actually pretty damn good. Jeremy is a great drummer and never misses a beat. But, I like Raine best. A lot of his lyrics are really true. Stuff you can relate to. And some of his stuff is really uplifting and makes you feel good.

Right Behind You is a good example.

"No matter what you say

no matter what you do

no matter what I'm always right there behind you."

and Life is the number one song to listen to, to cheer you up when you are feeling down.

and Middle Of Yesterday

"standing in the middle of yesterday

when it all went wrong

and we made mistakes

I'm sorry for the things I forgot to say

but it won't be long

and we'll be okay

and I will make it up to you...."

when making Gravity, he and Raine had some "creative differences". Raine just wanted to make an album that would hit it big. I think Mike wanted more depth to the album, like Spiritual Machines had.