✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Our Lady Peace

Jacob

yea. Everybody is like "Hey Gravity is complete crap". I honestly don't see what's wrong with Gravity. It's just a new sound for OLP. The poor guys are trying to experiment with other music, and everybody is criticizing them for it.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me it's kind of hard to tell whether they were experimenting with something new or if they're running out of good stuff :sad:

I thought Gravity was mediocre: good, but not their best effort. Raine's voice even sounds different which was a bit disappointing.

I think Mike Turner leaving, and Steve Mazur becoming the new guitarist, had a significant role in the change Our Lady Peace made. But apparently the new album whcih they just recorded twelve songs for, is going to be like nothing they have ever released. That could either be really good! or really bad.

I believe that they deserve the money. I mean, they put months and months of work into recording, mixing, and mastering their albums. And they did it all just so that their music could be enjoyed. I believe that the least we could do is spend the twenty bucks to buy the cd they release.

well yea. If it's a band that has a stable career, and is selling millions of copies of their albums, I'd rip one of their albums. But if it was a band that is trying to get to their feet in the industry, I'd buy their record.

I ripped Happiness..... by OLP of course, but I bought it later.

Off of Gravity, the best songs are Sell My Soul, Bring Back The Sun, and Story About A Girl. That's what I think.

But anyways, yea, it depends on how well established the band is. In the Canadian music industry, bands just starting out need all the help they can get to make it to the top of the industry. In Canada, when an album sells 100 000 copies, it's platinum, in America it's 1 000 000 copies.

America is so ahead of Canada in alot of ways and it bugs me. The U.S.A. is the dominant commercial, social and political country for some reason. I think Canada is a much better country in many ways, but for some reason America gets all the publicity.