✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Our Lady Peace

Jacob

OLP

ive been listening to the new Our Lady Peace song "Angels Losing Sleep"... i dont know if its just me but i swear i hear the bass riff from the Coldplay song "Ode To Deodorant"...... its kinda hidden in the song a little bit its in the begging and the middle.. its just the bassline in "Ode To Deodorant" is very unique and i think Our Lady Peace defintly uses it in that song.. lol

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:dozey: Uh... I just gave both songs another listen... the bass lines are totally different.

I'm not sure what you heard, though I suppose the rythms of the two lines are similar enough in a couple of spots that you could see a similarity if you could only hear less than half of the notes.... *shrug*

Anyway, the official OLP thread is here:

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11698

• 1 month later...

If OLP ever made a 'best of' album, it would go like this:

1. RK Intro

2. Right Behind You (Mafia)

3. RK 2029

4. In Repair

5. Life

6. Middle of Yesterday

7. Are You Sad?

8. RK 2029 (Part 2)

9. Made to Heal

10. RK 1949

11. Everyone's a Junkie

12. RK On Death

13. All My Friends

14. If You Believe

15. The Wonderful Future

16. RK and Molly

:D

If OLP ever made a 'best of' album, it would go like this:

1. RK Intro

2. Right Behind You (Mafia)

3. RK 2029

4. In Repair

5. Life

6. Middle of Yesterday

7. Are You Sad?

8. RK 2029 (Part 2)

9. Made to Heal

10. RK 1949

11. Everyone's a Junkie

12. RK On Death

13. All My Friends

14. If You Believe

15. The Wonderful Future

16. RK and Molly

:D

lol

Honestly though, I think I might do this for best of:

1. Superman's Dead

2. Thief

3. In Repair

4. Life

5. Angels/Losing/Sleep

6. Starseed

7. Clumsy

8. Made to Heal

9. 4AM

10. Is Anybody Home?

11. Somewhere Out There

12. Boy

13. Right Behind You (Mafia)

14. Middle of Yesterday

15. Potato Girl

I think that's good.

After you've read the book the words to 'Made to Heal', 'In Repair', 'All My Friends', 'If You Believe', 'Life' and 'Everyone's a Junkie' make so much more sense.

That is a great book, you're right.

Glad to see another olp fan somewhere in the world. :)

• 1 month later...

Our Lady Peace is releasing a career spanning greatest hits album "A Decade" on November 21, 2006.

The tracklisting is as follows:

1. "Starseed"

2. "The Birdman"

3. "Naveed"

4. "Superman's Dead"

5. "Clumsy"

6. "4am"

7. "One Man Army"

8. "Is Anybody Home?"

9. "Thief"

10. "In Repair"

11. "Life"

12. "Somewhere Out There"

13. "Innocent"

14. "Where Are You"

15. "Angels Losing Sleep"

16. "Will the Future Blame Us"

17. "Kiss On The Mouth"

18. "Better Than Here"

Not too bad, actually. I think it's pretty close to my own. Anyways, I'm kinda confused: Naveed was released in 1994, 12 years ago, not 10. Who knows?

• 1 month later...
Our Lady Peace is releasing a career spanning greatest hits album "A Decade" on November 21, 2006.

The tracklisting is as follows:

1. "Starseed"

2. "The Birdman"

3. "Naveed"

4. "Superman's Dead"

5. "Clumsy"

6. "4am"

7. "One Man Army"

8. "Is Anybody Home?"

9. "Thief"

10. "In Repair"

11. "Life"

12. "Somewhere Out There"

13. "Innocent"

14. "Where Are You"

15. "Angels Losing Sleep"

16. "Will the Future Blame Us"

17. "Kiss On The Mouth"

18. "Better Than Here"

Not too bad, actually. I think it's pretty close to my own. Anyways, I'm kinda confused: Naveed was released in 1994, 12 years ago, not 10. Who knows?

so i see and have talked to sniggirb about this releasing of greatest hits this week. U2, Oasis, and OLP. I mean as briggins has pointed out they are good for people that dont know the band well be myself for instance have well right now all be one U2 cd and OLP cd so whats the point. Also kiss on the mouth was first performed at the concert i went to in Halifax NS. Its a pretty good song. i have the video from the concert and can upload upon request.

so i see and have talked to sniggirb about this releasing of greatest hits this week. U2' date=' Oasis, and OLP. I mean as briggins has pointed out they are good for people that dont know the band well be myself for instance have well right now all be one U2 cd and OLP cd so whats the point. Also kiss on the mouth was first performed at the concert i went to in Halifax NS. Its a pretty good song. i have the video from the concert and can upload upon request.[/quote']

I don't actually think that was the first time it was played at our concert. http://ourladypeace.cc/tourarchive.htm It was played a month or so earlier.

What is the name of the book? I want to read it.

"The Age of Spiritual Machines: When Computers Exceed Human Intelligence" by Ray Kurzweil (the man who reads the passages on the album, aka R.K.)

It's quite interesting if you like reading about what's probably going to happen with computers in the next few years. (Though on a sidenote, the book is now 6 years old)

• 2 months later...

"Raine: You guys are all real people out there, right? Real people have real problems, and a problem...I find with a lot of people is, usually at some point in your life, there's a person very close to you, that you love, that needs help. The problem is that, usually, the time that the person needs the most help, is the time that they don't want your help. This next song is about that person that

everybody has, or will have. It's about trying to connect with them and help them and save them

and all those things that you wanna do but sometimes as human beings you can't do. It's called Are You Sad. ...Three, four..."

Those words have been so relevant to my life lately.