✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay's Last Album?!

crawlinwithin

Surely this is not true? Is Chris Martin really annoying the rest of the band because of his need for perfection? Maybe this question has been answered before, and I'm sorry if it has. The search button doesn't work for me. I hope this isn't Coldplay's last album, even though it might be their best and they can only get worse. That, of course, may not happen. I just hope this is Chris M's humor at work here. X&Y better and will be awesome. I just know it.! :cool:

hey.... don't be so sure.. it very well could be their last in a long while.. look how difficult this album came about.. they all have 'families'now.. and perhaps that takes priority at the moment.. the answer..

only time will tell..

damn why do you make this kind of threads??? we should be enjoying the new album and not be worry about that :/

yeah, I agree with you :angry:

the author of this thread is putting bad thoughts in our brain, before the release :angry:

• 2 weeks later...

No, you should be. Let's not lie, the fact that this may be the last album makes it more interesting and makes us kinda cherish it more. Good Post. That said, I think there will be a fourth album but it won't be released until late 2008.

hey.... don't be so sure.. it very well could be their last in a long while.. look how difficult this album came about.. they all have 'families'now.. and perhaps that takes priority at the moment.. the answer..

only time will tell..

Who else has a family now besides Chris?

And its just Chris' humour coming out when he says its their last album because he's too difficult to work with. Its weird though, because one day Chris will announce that its their last album and nobody will believe him. :p

well, i'm thinking something along these lines:

they've already proved to the whole world that they can make amazing music, so now, like someone else said, they might be going back to "Parachutes" style stuff.... trying out new things, and just not caring so much about what everyone thinks.... they have a huge fanbase now, who are always going to buy their albums, so they are free to experiment and make whatever kind of music they want......

just a thought....

but i most certainly hope X&Y is NOT their last album......

I dont think Coldplay will be going anywhere for awhile. From what I've heard of X&Y (just one more day :/ ) it sounds like Coldplay has tons more in them and hopefully will put out amazing albums for years to come.

I don't think Chris Martin would have come out and said they want to surpass U2's success if they were going to quit anytime soon. But as everyone else said, let's enjoy the album that is out NOW and not worry about next week! :) I have a feeling Coldplay will be around for a long time, even if they do take a lot of time out between albums. What's important is how good of a record they put out.

I don't think Chris Martin would have come out and said they want to surpass U2's success if they were going to quit anytime soon. I have a feeling Coldplay will be around for a long time' date=' even if they do take a lot of time out between albums. What's important is how good of a record they put out.[/quote']

Thats a really good point w/ U2

And like you said, that'd be cool I think if they would take time off and then hit big with another album in the future.