May 15, 200521 yr Over the last hour, UCLA Bruin Radio claims they're going to play X&Y on their radioshow tonight between 12-2am midnight. I think it's bullshit. This has been posted on Coldplay's official forums and a few other forums I visit. I guess they arent aware of this album's tight security. heh
May 15, 200521 yr UCLA eh? can we listen online -- if anyone is up -- that's like 3-5 am here, so i doubt i will be...but if someone can and if they do -- record it and put it up here for the rest of us.
May 15, 200521 yr Author Here is the link I read it from first.... http://www.ateaseweb.com/mb/index.php?showtopic=47499 http://forums.coldplay.com/viewtopic.php?t=23838 Here is UCLA Radio's website. They make no reference to it on their website. I honestly think it's a hoax. http://www.uclaradio.com You can listen online too.
May 15, 200521 yr "Bad news, kids. I don't know anymore. It seems my contact at the station, one of the DJ's of the midnight-2am show, is already being threatened because some spoiler had to go put this on the official Coldplay board, which is being watched like a hawk for leaks. It all depends on whether he still wants to go ahead as planned. It could still happen, but don't hold your breath and don't stay home just to listen. But if you do tune in, maybe you'll get a pleasant surprise. Or not. I'll let you know when I hear something else. The matter is currently being discussed. Developing... "
May 15, 200521 yr i talked to the dj and he said that he has "no definite answers" and "it's not a big deal" :angry: :angry: :angry:
May 15, 200521 yr If he says for sure, someone'll turn him in. and then he can't play it and looks like a liar. this way he gets lots of listeners, probably doesn't have it -- but alot of people don't want to risk it (i don't ... but i can't stay up till 5)
May 15, 200521 yr Author well, im drinkin right now... at my buddies house.... someone check out the show anyway just to see what he says and report back here. :D
May 15, 200521 yr Well they're promising to play some new X&Y material. Only problem is, the station has received a flood of C&D letters, and the DJs are tryin to figire out whether any of them are legit. If they get an OK from "higher up" they'll play some new stuff.
May 15, 200521 yr Are you able to record it in case they play anything from the album other than SoS?
May 15, 200521 yr they said in the next 30-60 minutes, i'm going to try to stay up -- my roommate will probably be back by 5 anyway, so what's the diff he'll wake me up when he comes home.
May 15, 200521 yr Author if not this week, then next week "it may be speed of sound" "we need your listenership" yeah right...these guys are full of shit.
May 15, 200521 yr hahah, yeah they just covered their asses, now all they have to is play speed of sound and they didn't fib. and if they don't play anything -- they warned. hmm :lol:
May 15, 200521 yr i don't think this is a ploy. i think they're serious about doing it. this is more exciting than nothing either way :) I'll think once the responsibility is off their shoulders they'll do it. They may not be able to get it approved before next time
May 15, 200521 yr I just asked them and they said more than likely not now. I guess i'll still stay up - can't hurt, right? (Also you're from Denton? I'm semi-originally from Flower Mound, sweet. sorry :-X)
May 15, 200521 yr yeah, that's cool. I graduated from UNT last year and I'm still living here trying to get things together. You're in NYC, huh? That's funny, cause I'm originally from there:) I've enjoyed listening to this station. Was that loretta lynne they just played? The cover of "I'll stop the world..." I love interpol. they're amazing live
May 15, 200521 yr Haha, that's fun -- and I don't know, I just came back from getting a soda. But I love interpol too lol.
May 15, 200521 yr well if they got ahold of them then that means they are at least out there able to be gotten ahold of, so i'm betting it won't be much longer now
May 15, 200521 yr bout damn time, enough with EMI and it's security it's not coldplay's fault they are going down the crap shoot financially they need to take care of themselves
May 15, 200521 yr it's funny to me, cause in the long run all "leaks" do is continue exposure to a larger audience. It's true that some people will just download the album and not buy it, but the real topic that needs to be addressed is this fucking uptight world we live in... So these people download the album; theyre more likely to go to a show then where the real money is spent. And coldplay is doin just fine for them selves i'm sure... Also, music is a really expensive habit to begin with and i'm proud of people who are passionate about music and meaning. I don't at all blame those people who just download. It's a tough world and hard to just get up out of bed sometimes. I wonder how many people have committed suicide since the album was completed; people who's lives could have been saved by taking in x&y (if it had been released immediately). I'd say at least 20 or 30. Damn shame
Create an account or sign in to comment