✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Why I Believe X & Y Is Receiving Mixed Reactions:

Miggy D

as with any good band.. as I have mentioned before.. and as Miggy D has stated.. its their first album thats really branching out.. much like OK Computer did for Radiohead.. great bands evolve with their music, as well as visions... nonee of them are in the same place as they were 6 years ago when Parachutes debuted... so naturally its going to be different..

I really enjoy this album.. and I can't wait til I get the full length cd. :)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Miggy D' date=' you are my favourite new member. Way to go dude! :)[/quote']

I'm honored. And I'm glad you're for new sounding material, as opposed to retreads.

:guitarist: <- That smiley is awesome.

-Miggy

Well what would be the point of putting out the same album again? I am happy with it. I am happy that there is a band this good out there, it makes me happy.

Happy happy happy :cool:

That makes two of us! U2 and Coldplay are my two favorite bands. I was too young to enjoy U2 at their peak. I'm glad I am of age now, and able to enjoy this other fantastic band. :cool:

-Miggy

'White Shadows' reminds me much of u2-ish sound.

There are similarities...especially noticeable is Chris's new, stronger singing style. But I think this album actually places Coldplay further away from U2 musically. Both bands are inspirational, in different ways. U2 inspires me to storm the brigades, conquer evil, and find true love. Coldplay inspires me to think, reflect, and explore. These are obviously stereotypes, but I'm speaking in generalizations, of course. :cool:

-Miggy

Some of Johnny's guitar riffs sound Edge-influenced (I esp. agree w/ Justine's White Shadows comment). That's a good thing. But he (and the rest of the band) are also extraordinarily original when synthesizing his/their influences. Which is an even better thing. Great band. Period.

Oh, and great topic, Miggy. I don't fully agree but perfectly expressed opinion on your part. :)

I can defo hear the Edge influence on Jonny's part...

its great to see how the band has grown into their own.. they are all more active on stage, taking on larger roles in the band.. I think this album is going to be the most amazing album of the year. I can defo see them at the Grammy's this coming year.. and winning.

its great to see how the band has grown into their own.. they are all more active on stage, taking on larger roles in the band..

I watched Live 2003 after not listening to the boys for awhile, and it blew me away how cool and cohesive they are together on stage. I love the commradery(sp?). It shows in the music.

its great to see how the band has grown into their own.. they are all more active on stage, taking on larger roles in the band..

I watched Live 2003 after not listening to the boys for awhile, and it blew me away how cool and cohesive they are together on stage. I love the commradery(sp?). It shows in the music.

if you thought that was good.. wait until you see them this year... (hopefully you'll get a chance to) if not, catch them on tv or something......... its a good feeling to see how far they have come. :)

The people that havent liked it at first are the people that have heard the album for the first time just yesterday or whenever. I think its amazing and so do the other people who have been hearing these songs since the beginning of March..It will grow on you

Miggy I was writing a post just like yours just now then i realised that i couldnt put it any better than you have you've "Hit the nail on the head". You feel the same way about this that i do - Best post i've read in a very long time!

Miggy... That post was 'super-human'. ^ I agree with antshar, that's the best post I've read for ages!

I keep feeling torn though between wanting them to change direction (and wanting an even better Parachutes)... Guess Parachutes won't happen again until a kazillion albums later (if it ever does), they probably think they've finished exploring that aspect of their music... :rolleyes:

But in future I think, who knows? I think a return to Parachutes (in a more mature form) might be possible if our boys are so inclined to... It's a long time away though, and will be long after they're done growing musically as a band :cry:

Miggy... That post was 'super-human'. ^ I agree with antshar' date=' that's the best post I've read for ages! [/quote']

Thank you for the gracious compliment. But honestly, it's just the product of a bored English major with thoughts in his head and time on his hands. Go to Denny's with me sometime past midnight. The later it gets, the more intellectual and pondering I get. My schooling has given me a large vocabulary which only makes things worse when I 'wax philosophical.'

Thanks again for the compliments, guys. I wasn't expecting them. I just thought I would give my take on this whole X & Y debate. :cool:

-Miggy