✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

X&Y's "A Whisper"

TimeIsOnYourSide

now..i know many of you are going to hate me for saying something about "A Whisper"...cuz a lot of you liked it alot....

but alot of us didn't really care for it that much

....i sorta do like it...but i usually skip

X&Y doesn't really have a Whisper track....I'm not really seeing me skipping any of these to get to the next...

they all are incredibly awesome

i skip tracks: "a message", "low" and "the hardest part".

i also skip "SOS", but only cause i hear it enough as it is.

good album

A message is my fave on the album !! I do quite like Low too but Hardest Part hasn't quite grown on me and I still love SOS. The track I haven't got to like yet is Swallowed In The Sea - just a bit toooo sickly for me. I i've got a love/hate relationship going with What If ?

i don't skip it, cause i know it'll grow on me, but a message is the only song that i'll have to put my foot down and say that the song would have been better without the synthesizer. it only works at the very end of the song, and i feel the song loses it's touch because of the synthesizer. it's the only song i feel would've fit perfectly with a more parachutes-esque backdrop, but that's just my personal opinion... :confused:

I think they should have left 'The Hardest Part' as a B-Side and added Proof in its place. It would work well after 'Low' and it's a much better song than 'The Hardest Part,' which is the weakest song on the album. IMO that is.

yeah, "the hardest part" is the only song on X&Y that i dont love. every other song besides that is so badass, even like swallowed in the sea is badass. therefore making every other song more badass by default.

Jon, you should've compared it to Daylight, and not A Whisper...

I've only heard Twisted Logic twice since I bought the album last night and I must say I dunno if I'll ever get used to it or even listen to it again cuz it's kinda creepy... And I've only heard Till Kingdom Comes once... Doesn't really stand out.

And I really think the rest of the album is absolutely fab. I love every inch of the rest... :blush:

I was going to say the exact same thing about the topic title being 'Daylight' instead of 'A Whisper'.

In the history of my musical experiences, I have yet to find the perfect album that I don't skip at least one song. If all I'm disappointed with is one song off of an album (The Hardest Part being this one), then I consider the album a success. Even OK Computer has a song that should have been left off (Fitter, Happier anyone)?

I think it takes time to get used to a brand new CD anyway, knowing you already love so many songs from their other CD's. Maybe it's just me. I always skip "The Hardest Part", it's my least favorite. On Parachutes I always skip "High Speed" - I despise that song.

I guess I'm the only person that liked A Whisper but always skipped Green Eyes...haha.

For some reason I never really listen to Swallowed in the Sea. Or SOS...because I've already heard it a million times.