✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Can someone help me please! Ive got an industructable virus!

mburn

Ive got this bitch of a virus which the scanner picked up, its called wininet.dll and basicly its undustructable- it cant be deleted, quarentined, renamed, moved or anything. Im seriously concerned its gonna do loads of damage to my computer and its really only a matter of time. Some of you seem very technical and compuiter wizards, i was hoping someone might have some smart suggestions as to how to kill the bastard. Please??

if you know where it is...go to the folder in command (go to "run" and then type "cmd" and a dos screen will pull up. If you don't know dos commands, do a quick search on yahoo or something and pull up the common commands. When you get to the folder containing the virus (i'm guessing you know the folder its in) type "del wininet.dll" and it will delete know matter what.

After you do that, if you are brave, go to run again and type "regedit" . Once you get into regedit go to "edit" and then "find" and find "wininet.dll" and delete the files you find containing it. Keep on clicking "find next" or hitting f5 to find the next file it appears in in the registry.

*WARNING* don't use regedit if you don't feel comfortable, you can easily mess your entire system by the stroke of a key.

Also, be aware that a lot of things that Norton or other programs pick up as viruses really aren't. Most of the time they're spyware or adware. I'm pretty confident that this thing won't screw up your system. Oh and also, BE WARNED about regedit lol

Re: Can someone help me please! Ive got an industructable vi

Ive got this bitch of a virus which the scanner picked up' date=' its called Albie and basicly its undustructable- it cant be deleted, quarentined, renamed, moved or anything. Im seriously concerned its gonna do loads of damage to my computer and its really only a matter of time. Some of you seem very technical and compuiter wizards, i was hoping someone might have some smart suggestions as to how to kill the bastard. Please??[/quote']

:stunned: