✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Happy Slapping

Jenjie

Damn, 'Happy Slapping' sucks...HOWEVER, I found it funny to watch a phone video of my friend approaching another one of my friends, before slapping him and running off...I think there's something about it that's okay with that since they know each other and are just joking around after watching that Trevor McDonald Documentary...

wat is happy slapping?? and y was there a risk of someone catching fire...?

happ slapping is a ridiculous new craze over here. the mild version is when your friend comes up behind you & smacks you on the head whilst another mate secretly films it on their video phone. it then gets sent to other people. the more serious version is when little thugs do it and seriously injure people just for a laugh and to send the video to their mates. in that case the kids tied this other kid to a tree and set the tree on fire whilst they filmed him.

thats why I think happy slapping is a stupid name for the papaers to use because if you suffered those sorts of injuries in any other way it would be classed as assault

wat is happy slapping?? and y was there a risk of someone catching fire...?

happ slapping is a ridiculous new craze over here. the mild version is when your friend comes up behind you & smacks you on the head whilst another mate secretly films it on their video phone. it then gets sent to other people. the more serious version is when little thugs do it and seriously injure people just for a laugh and to send the video to their mates. in that case the kids tied this other kid to a tree and set the tree on fire whilst they filmed him.

thats why I think happy slapping is a stupid name for the papaers to use because if you suffered those sorts of injuries in any other way it would be classed as assault

This very point was discussed on The Wright Stuff a few weeks ago.

Somebody suggested the name should be changed because the word "Happy" makes it sound like fun, which it isn't.

What about "Camera phone assault"? That's an appropriate name!!

i watched something on TV about this ... it just started as a joke, friends slapping friends, which actually ain't very nice being whacked on the head anyway, then bullies started doing it to kids in school and started video recording it .. the craze caught on then to make it more 'impressive' they started doing it to totally random people and then the happy slaps started going to an extreme with people being set alight etc. .......

however i think it has started to calm down a bit lately with the police being more aware of it

• 3 weeks later...
Kids at that age should not be able to afford camera phones. I blame the parents for 1) Their upbringing and 2) Spoiling the fuck out of them

exactly! i had to slog away at work to afford my new phone, and it's not even a really up-to-date cameraphone either!

bleedin' ridiculous