✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Beware Spoilers! The HP thread for those who've read it!

Jenjie

just finished it. was it me or was that not as good as the last one? It felt like she was just filling in a couple of plot lines before tying it all up in the next book. I don't think anything much really happened apart from the death and even then it wasn't exactly a huge moment.

I agree with you jenjie. Where were the usual fights with Voldemort? Why was there so much freaking romance? I didn't get parts of the storyboard. It was lame in parts. Oh ya, sure just go get rid of the headmaster, why don't ya J.K. Rowling? I find that since there was more romance than action, it justed spoiled it. Well, I hope that the next time, she'll make it better.

My opinion- 6/10

I loved it. It was different from the other books because it didn't describe as much lessons on Hogwarts, less details...But I loved it anyway! Gorgeous plots, tension, etc. Can't wait to read the conclusion to this all...and who, oh, who, is R.A.B, speculations, anyone?

I can't believe you finished it!!!!!! But this is the last you'll see of me until I finish it... I'm not even done with the Chapter 1!!! lol :embarrased:

a) its my job :D

b) I read things fast :)

going into work today and not having finished it would be rubbish because for some random reason people expect you to have read it in minutes, and if I don't some friendly customers would tell me who dies before I get to the relevant bit.

I don't know why, but after the Order of the Phoenix I was expecting it to be quite dark again. There wasn't anything really that happened, it just moved the series plot from A to B. and i don't understand the whole thing with Ginny, it played along with Dean quite slowly then was suddenly over and done with she's seeing the next guy and then we're at the end and we can't do it anymore.

I think there was too much scene-setting for the last book and not enough action for this book.

i kind of wish i was into this whole harry potter craze. it seems like fun. one friend bought it at midnight and was up to 6:30am finishing it.

i know some people might be disappointed with the new book, but i've got to say when you make a series of 7 novels you can't expect every volume to be amazing. i'm pretty impressed that j.k rowling had enough ideas to stretch it out that long. kudos.

finished it yesterday, and i have to say i wish it was a bit longer...i have to agree that it did feel stretched out at times, but all in all i liked it.

adding some more thoughts here... :rolleyes:

i still can't see how dumbledore trusted snape...i don't buy the whole "seeing the good in everyone" belief...it seemed as if dumbledore knew he was going to die...reading about the "unbreakable vow" in the beginning made it difficult to ever see snape on the good side, so his betrayal wasn't very shocking...so, there has to be more to this!

...and about dumbledore, won't he still be able to communicate through his portrait in the headmaster's office?

...and can someone help me out, because i can't remember...in "the goblet of fire" didn't we find out that crabbe and goyle are death eaters?

i just finish it!! well i have to say....it was good but no action hahha!! :P but i kiled a lot the "romance plot" hahaha.....ron acting like that?? and then harry kissing ginny?? that was nice!! haha...but i think i was clear that dumbledore was going to die....i think jk only created the atmosphere in this book.....the next it´s going to be the darkest one..

I've never been a huge Harry Potter fan, I only read Parts 1 - 3.. So, could someone of you please tell me what's going on in the new story? Well, Dumbledore dies.. how? ;) And what's the romantic plot about? I'm sure you HP freaks like to talk about that, come on, explain it to me :lol:

ok! hahaha..well snape kills dumbledore.... malfoy is a a death eater..and at first ron and hermione were making "things" to work out for them ......but then ron finds out that hermione kissed victor so he goes with lavender brown ...and then harry starts liking ginny so when they win the quidditch cup she hugs him and then he kisses her...

in "the goblet of fire" didn't we find out that crabbe and goyle are death eaters?

Nah, that was Crabbe and Goyle's dads. Cuz Crabbe and Goyle are thier surnames, and well, I don't think Vincent Crabbe and Gregory Goyle would be good enough to be death eaters.

ok. I havent read the new one... bu I´m so desperated to know what is gonna happen that I read this thread and look on the internet all the information I could.. .and I must said: I WANT TO READ IT NOW!! hehe.. but thanks for let me know what´s gonna happen.. :lol: :)

The boat behind: Zu

MAJOR SPOILERS

I have this weird tendency with books to judge them based on how well they blend literary devices together with story/plot and character intrigues. It was for this reason that I loved Book Six as it was less on the action and more on the romance. I don't know why people disregard that; it seems to me that there's too much action in many areas these days and not enough romance. I also loved finding out all the information about Voldy with Albus and Harry, that was VERY fun as it brought some much-needed depth into his (V's) character.

However, what Rowling did with Albus was both unexpected and terrible. She's spent five books building this character up as a sort of mentor to Harry that also serves as a powerful combatant against Voldemort's forces and an able protector and head of the Order of the Phoenix. Now, all of sudden in Book Six, we have Dumbledore suddenly weakened because of a simple plot need. He's remained basically the same age-wise throughout all five books thus far. It seems highly unlikely that Dumbledore could permenantly scar his right hand through a mistake due to onsetting senility (or whatever happens to old folks) after he had already demonstrated his superb reflexes during the scene where Fudge tried to arrest him in Book Five. (He jinxed two Aurors within five seconds after Fudge cries, "Seize him!" I ask you all, how can reflexes dull that quickly after only a year? Unless, of course, something magical did that to him . . . )

...and about dumbledore, won't he still be able to communicate through his portrait in the headmaster's office?

yes i thought that too. maybe we'll see that in book 6

and then in the last fe pages Harry dumps Ginny

lol a little harsh i think :D it wasnt anything bad, he did it for all that nobility crap. i bet sparks will fly at bill and fleurs wedding lol... and in the end i reckon they'll get together

and i thought the romance thing was alright, cuz we gotta be realistic. hes 16 and hes bound to get some action. lol and they do belong together :D ;)

anyway i thought she played it out nicely, sufficient amount, but not too much to put ideas in little kiddies heads :lol:

to tell the truth, i thought snape was going to be good, but i was wrong... :embarrased: i was really pissed off about it too...

and draco is a weak bastard isnt he?

ism_hater, something magical did happen to dumbledore. it was from drinking that stuff in the cave. im not sure why he froze harry tho. very pointless seeing as he died anyway...

hmm i wonder how long it will take for the next book to come out...

I, personally, loved the book. I enjoyed seeing more of Voldemort's past and learning stuff about his psych, etc. Plus the Horcrux thing's pretty cool. Sort of slow and not as action packed as 5, but still it was a good read. I'm just excited for the next one, it's gonna kick major arse!

I loved it. It was different from the other books because it didn't describe as much lessons on Hogwarts' date=' less details...But I loved it anyway! Gorgeous plots, tension, etc. Can't wait to read the conclusion to this all...and who, oh, who, is R.A.B, speculations, anyone?[/quote']

My friends and I were discussing this and thought maybe it could be Siriu s' brother, Regulus A____ Black. I'm never any good with remembering details about characters, but wasn't he a death eater who didn't do something Voldemort ordered him to do, and was killed for it? Hmmm. I was thinking that since there seemed to be a little bit of talk about him in the begining and he's a connection to S irius Harry would have, he might be the R.A.B. person.

^ wow good observation with the R.A.B thing. sorta could make sense...

yeh i like the whole horcrux thing too. but do u think harry will really leave school next yr... im sure jk wouldnt do that tho cuz it would disappoint so many ppl...

It's scary to think of a Harry Potter book without Harry Potter at Hogwarts. But Dumbledore is dead I guess... And if he's not even safe then they probably wont even open the place. But sorry, Harry doesn't seem TOO sharp(obviously not as much as Dumbledore), and I wonder how he's going to figure out the Horcrux's all by his lonesome, AND destroy them.

How long is this book going to be, anyways?? I have no idea how JK is going to fit all this stuff into ONE book... :o I don't know if I have the energy to read another 1,000 page book like five almost was.