✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Thought on Terrorist Attacks...

Reilly

Do you have any idea how many journalists were fired over reporting the "Wrong news" about September 11? And since then. The New York times alone lost over 14 HEAD EDITORS over incidents since then' date=' to the point where they are being forced into hiring people who can barely write legibly.[/quote']

Yes I do. Thankfully, I work at a very balaned and liberal newspaper, The Saint Petersburg Times. The media, for the most part here, is continuing to go down the drain.

Does it make me a radical thinker to believe that America has been a terrorist threat a hell of a lot longer then any Al Qaeda or Hussein?

Not at all. I couldn't agree more. But the power of propaganda is a powerful weapon to keep the population ignorant about the wrongs committed against other cultures.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

STOP BLAMING BUSH FOR EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!! you do know he and tony are in all this shit together right!?

Its not Tony's fault to different people.. Tony Blair has gone out of his way to make sure this country does not go at civil war over this..

Bombs in this county espically with the diverse population we have is more sensiative than other places... in that taking nothing away from this sad things in happening....

All that is going to end up happening is that, peoples are going to be attacking peoples... over a small number of idoits

still, lets take your scenario, we lock bush up, then what!??? ITD GET WORSE

slowy but surely the world would return to the pre 9/11 era, a improvment and a effort to better Man Kind

riiiiiiight....itd be iraq part 2-we'd have no governtment, total chaos. no matter your opinion of the man, he's doing his job the best he can and you can blame him all you want, but the fact of the matter is, its not just him!!!!!

They dont have the choice man, articles are run by the advertisers firstly, the advertisers are big business, on top or on small scales, every advertising establishment is keeping a firm eye on its money, the media is so vital in every sense of politics that it becomes more important then the politics itself. The advertiser, who is watching their money, will roll with whatever politics will get them more money.

Does anyone think that newspapers make money by selling more newspapers? With the price of what it costs to make a newspaper, they would be in serious debt within a week if they relied on sales. They rely on the advertisers, solely. And without the advertisers, they wont have a paper to run.

This is the cut-throat world which journalists live on. They either report the joke news, or they report nothing at all.

Ads and sunscriptions are responsible for almost all of the revenue for the newspaper business. I just don't want you to get the idea about the USA that we are ALL a bunch of ignorant, arrogant assholes. There are people here throughout the country fighting the "good" fight.

riiiiiiight....itd be iraq part 2-we'd have no governtment, total chaos. no matter your opinion of the man, he's doing his job the best he can and you can blame him all you want, but the fact of the matter is, its not just him!!!!!

Its not him at all. If we were to send George Bush to jail, we'd firstly have to send everyone in the establishment around him to jail as well (His daddy too)

You really think the George Bush did all this by his own wishes? Hes a pawn. He doesnt even know what terrorism is

Ads and sunscriptions are responsible for almost all of the revenue for the newspaper business. I just don't want you to get the idea about the USA that we are ALL a bunch of ignorant' date=' arrogant assholes. There are people here throughout the country fighting the "good" fight.[/quote']

I dont think I even gave that kind of opinion on ANY average american within this topic.

I was simply stating the fact that even if the most humane thinker who is intelligent and acknowledges America's fault, goes to work in NY times, they will be forced to shutup and print the stories they are being ordered to print. The head of the paper doesnt have the choice, the advertiser who is ordering the head of the paper doesnt even have a choice. If they dont print the right stories, the advertisers lose money, they drop the paper, the papers journalists are forgotten unless they are hired by another paper to report more bullshit stories.

Its lose-lose for the media.

Ads and sunscriptions are responsible for almost all of the revenue for the newspaper business. I just don't want you to get the idea about the USA that we are ALL a bunch of ignorant' date=' arrogant assholes. There are people here throughout the country fighting the "good" fight.[/quote']

I dont think I even gave that kind of opinion on ANY average american within this topic.

I was simply stating the fact that even if the most humane thinker who is intelligent and acknowledges America's fault, goes to work in NY times, they will be forced to shutup and print the stories they are being ordered to print. The head of the paper doesnt have the choice, the advertiser who is ordering the head of the paper doesnt even have a choice. If they dont print the right stories, the advertisers lose money, they drop the paper, the papers journalists are forgotten unless they are hired by another paper to report more bullshit stories.

Its lose-lose for the media.

but there are media outlets who repot the truth.. just not on mainstream cable or print... the truth is out there..

I'm sorry to have implied that. It wasn't meant to sound like you had. I just wanted you to know that people over here aren't all clueless. :)

bah........... I hate this government... I think we cal all agree that politics.. no matter what country... sucks. :)

Thats as vague as saying "life sucks", and I dont agree with it anyway.

The only thing we can compare politics is with, well, more politics. And we cant compare the UK with the US (Unless its a very basic comparison of basic roles such as the President's or Congress vs House of Commons blah blah). Every country has different roles and a different history and different themes to deal with, the US is completely different from the UK...

Politics in America had been the finest art, from the late 1700's (Since the Constitution was agreed). America has shaped how the western world governs, from UK to Holland, France, Germany, it has all been grooved by America.

But why do I say "Finest art"? Because in once again, COMPARISON, with the life before this type of governing, the average life was a sham. And if you compare modern life with with the lives 200 years ago, it was a sham. There was no real justice back then, in that sense, we are living in a golden age where the average person can work, live and breathe under a government which is helping the high majority of people where innocence prevails, for the most part.

Politics is better then ever... Its just a shame that a few stupid decisions have made it terrible in comparison to what it could be.

but there are media outlets who repot the truth.. just not on mainstream cable or print... the truth is out there..

Well nobody cares, on the main front. Could I see some of these truth reporting places?

Ive seen some on the internet, which are incredibly hard to find. Even Google has censored them.

Politics is better then ever... Its just a shame that a few stupid decisions have made it terrible in comparison to what it could be.

This is not true atleast for the USA. Every older adult I know says this is the most frightening political administration they have ever witnessed. Bush and company are fucking this country up left and right.

This is not true atleast for the USA. Every older adult I know says this is the most frightening political administration they have ever witnessed. Bush and company are fucking this country up left and right.

Y'know I dont think thats true at all. They may be DANGEROUS as people but the politics behind it all means the US is safer on a whole.

Yeah you could search the net and drag up a thousand injustices and screw jobs and conspiracies that the government has been involved in, but 100 years you couldn't have. Haha, simply enough.

Culturally, I think America's shining moment was in the 1950's. But FDR's governing was full of just as many injustices and conspiracies, just as dangerous of an establishment.

For example, at least America arent forcing people into the army anymore.

I mean, what Im trying to say is that economical problems were made for themselves in political situations of our past, but coming up the our modern world politics has gotten better and better, generally.

Well nobody cares, on the main front. Could I see some of these truth reporting places?

Ive seen some on the internet, which are incredibly hard to find. Even Google has censored them.

http://www.democracynow.org

Yep, thats a big site. I think the internet is a wonderful medium, purely for that kind of information.

I havent been on it lately but I'll check it out more.

But look at that website man, it looks DESPERATE. I mean their selling mugs and tshirts, begging for donations, and they always have. They are on the edge, its cheap and easy to run a SMALL website but when it becomes a BIG website, you can see the cracks developing.

Democracynow.org may be running, for now. But maybe not tomorow, or next year. Its hard to keep running solely on support of people, they need advertisers, just like any newspaper or website. Money is power.

Y'know I dont think thats true at all. They may be DANGEROUS as people but the politics behind it all means the US is safer on a whole.

Yeah you could search the net and drag up a thousand injustices and screw jobs and conspiracies that the government has been involved in, but 100 years you couldn't have. Haha, simply enough.

Culturally, I think America's shining moment was in the 1950's. But FDR's governing was full of just as many injustices and conspiracies, just as dangerous of an establishment.

For example, at least America arent forcing people into the army anymore.

I mean, what Im trying to say is that economical problems were made for themselves in political situations of our past, but coming up the our modern world politics has gotten better and better, generally.

Reilly, just as I could not possibly truly comprehend the political situation in Ireland, you cannot truly comprehend what is going on here. You have no idea how weird it has been here since 9/11. It is a different country now. I could go into detail but it would take too fucking long.

Democracynow.org may be running' date=' for now. But maybe not tomorow, or next year. Its hard to keep running solely on support of people, they need advertisers, just like any newspaper or website. Money is power. [/quote']

Democracy Now has only increased listenership since its inception. People here are hungy for REAL news.

Reilly' date=' just as I could not possibly truly comprehend the political situation in Ireland, you cannot truly comprehend what is going on here. You have no idea how weird it has been here since 9/11. It is a different country now. I could go into detail but it would take too fucking long.[/quote']

Ahhhh. Its unfair to stop it there, if you didnt know I was from Ireland you would have assumed I was American, no?

I was in America in 2000 and again in 2002, seemed much the same. But who knows, I'd like to know what you mean (Even a few short examples or something).

Democracy Now has only increased listenership since its inception. People here are hungy for REAL news.

Well, fair enough. But websites have been closed down for stating that kind of news and getting too popular. They were on shitty servers like Geocities, but still.

Isnt Democracy Now the website that Windows refused to offer their media player service too? Maybe Im thinking of somewhere else. I see they have WinAmp so who knows. But thats happened before too, RealPlayer and WinAmp are founded by advertisers just like every other establishment (And of course they are advertisers themselves). Thats how shotty it has become.

Ahhhh. Its unfair to stop it there, if you didnt know I was from Ireland you would have assumed I was American, no?

I was in America in 2000 and again in 2002, seemed much the same. But who knows, I'd like to know what you mean (Even a few short examples or something).

You could pass as an American I must admit ;)

A few examples of the creepiness that has been injected into this country since 9/11:

1. A fraudulent war fought in Iraq that my president lied about to get support for.

2. The Patriot Act which, in my opinion, squashes our civil liberties.

3. I was told that I was a trator for not supporting the Iraq war, I was spit on at war protests.

4.Bush took 1/2 trillion dollar surplus and turned into a 1/2 trillion dollar deficit.

5. Federal government conitnues to shove its nose into state's rights. In California, the populace voted to have medical marijuana. The federal gov. overturned it. In Oregon it is legal to have physician assisted suicide for those that are terminally ill as voted on by the populace. The federal gov. conitnues to try and stop this.

6.This administration seeks to make me a second class citizen by not allowing gay marriage which creates a whole bunch of complications for me.

Reilly, my point to you is that this administration is one of the most overtly corrupt of all time. Our civil liberties are at stake while dissent is being squashed at all costs by the current administration

1. A fraudulent war fought in Iraq that my president lied about to get support for.

2. The Patriot Act which, in my opinion, squashes our civil liberties.

3. I was told that I was a trator for not supporting the Iraq war, I was spit on at war protests.

4.Bush took 1/2 trillion dollar surplus and turned into a 1/2 trillion dollar deficit.

5. Federal government conitnues to shove its nose into state's rights. In California, the populace voted to have medical marijuana. The federal gov. overturned it. In Oregon it is legal to have physician assisted suicide for those that are terminally ill as voted on by the populace. The federal gov. conitnues to try and stop this.

6.This administration seeks to make me a second class citizen by not allowing gay marriage which creates a whole bunch of complications for me.

You dont need to be American to know any of that! I knew each point (except for number 5) I thought you meant like, change of America's mood or something.

All your points are valid reasons to be pissed off, but what we were originally debating was when I said that America's politics has improved because the country has improved. Im sorry but I see it as an in-arguable point, if you had lived in the 60's you would have a LOT more to complain about, government conspiracies were just as existent.