✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Thought on Terrorist Attacks...

Reilly

Isnt Democracy Now the website that Windows refused to offer their media player service too? vertisers themselves).

I didn't know about that, you're probably right.

I've been looking for a news item on it, but hah, obviously cant find one.

I have no idea where I heard it though.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You dont need to be American to know any of that! I knew each point (except for number 5) I thought you meant like, change of America's mood or something.

All your points are valid reasons to be pissed off, but what we were originally debating was when I said that America's politics has improved because the country has improved. Im sorry but I see it as an in-arguable point, if you had lived in the 60's you would have a LOT more to complain about, government conspiracies were just as existent.

I agree with you for the most part Reilly. My parents came of age in the 1960's and the only reason why there was more unrest back then is because of the draft for the war in Vietnam. My parents and their peers all believe this administraton is the worst of their lives. That is a rather frightening prospect if you ask me.

There is a general sense of unease in this country that I can't quite put my finger on. Trust me there is something amiss.

Ahhhh. Its unfair to stop it there, if you didnt know I was from Ireland you would have assumed I was American, no?

I was in America in 2000 and again in 2002, seemed much the same. But who knows, I'd like to know what you mean (Even a few short examples or something).

You could pass as an American I must admit ;)

A few examples of the creepiness that has been injected into this country since 9/11:

1. A fraudulent war fought in Iraq that my president lied about to get support for.

2. The Patriot Act which, in my opinion, squashes our civil liberties.

3. I was told that I was a trator for not supporting the Iraq war, I was spit on at war protests.

4.Bush took 1/2 trillion dollar surplus and turned into a 1/2 trillion dollar deficit.

5. Federal government conitnues to shove its nose into state's rights. In California, the populace voted to have medical marijuana. The federal gov. overturned it. In Oregon it is legal to have physician assisted suicide for those that are terminally ill as voted on by the populace. The federal gov. conitnues to try and stop this.

6.This administration seeks to make me a second class citizen by not allowing gay marriage which creates a whole bunch of complications for me.

Reilly, my point to you is that this administration is one of the most overtly corrupt of all time. Our civil liberties are at stake while dissent is being squashed at all costs by the current administration

thank god someone knows what I have been saying about the US downfall since the idoit was put in charge...

How can u have a country of over 300 million people be decided over 500 votes... less than 0.001 percent of the population... if any other country had such a close election they would have a re election...

and the reason why he won the 2nd one, by such a margin was because he went appealed to people in the Churches so low in my book...

As if he was a proper christain the problems he has brought upon the world would have not surfaced... cant wait until Mrs H clinton gets her chance... thats if there is a world left for her by the time, him and his cornises are finished.

A few months ago he went to Ukraine for the VE day 60th Anviversy, his comments about Russia and its prev goverment there was no need.. all he has done is firther alinate him self... and possibly take a step nearer to a cold war... this man is a dangrous guy.. I personally wish I could go back to November 1st 2000.... and stop all of this before all it happend...

Belive me if Gore would have got in at the time we would be living in a entirley different world.

thank god someone knows what I have been saying about the US downfall since the idoit was put in charge...

How can u have a country of over 300 million people be decided over 500 votes... less than 0.001 percent of the population... if any other country had such a close election they would have a re election...

and the reason why he won the 2nd one, by such a margin was because he went appealed to people in the Churches so low in my book...

As if he was a proper christain the problems he has brought upon the world would have not surfaced... cant wait until Mrs H clinton gets her chance... thats if there is a world left for her by the time, him and his cornises are finished.

A few months ago he went to Ukraine for the VE day 60th Anviversy, his comments about Russia and its prev goverment there was no need.. all he has done is firther alinate him self... and possibly take a step nearer to a cold war... this man is a dangrous guy.. I personally wish I could go back to November 1st 2000.... and stop all of this before all it happend...

Belive me if Gore would have got in at the time we would be living in a entirley different world.

Well said Daryl. I especially like your take on the why bush won the second time. So right you are.

Fraud was committed during the second election but it was conveniently swept under the carpet by the powers that be.

I agree with you for the most part Reilly. My parents came of age in the 1960's and the only reason why there was more unrest back then is because of the draft for the war in Vietnam. My parents and their peers all believe this administraton is the worst of their lives. That is a rather frightening prospect if you ask me.

There is a general sense of unease in this country that I can't quite put my finger on. Trust me there is something amiss.

Well you do have to take into account the spread of information between now and the 1960's. America were just as corrupt at that time, but we are the generation that is uncovering it.

It sounds hypocritical I say that we are "Uncovering it" since I spent a lot of time arguing the point that the high majority of American people are blind to the truth. But when taken into account with the fact that 100% of Americans were blind to it in the 60's, the small minority of people we have now is vital.

And this is the general point Im making that America has grown with politics. The problem now is that the government is struggling to keep up with the information that is spreading with the internet and international impartial news, it was sooooo much easier in the 60's. The problems we have now were always there, on top of basic issues such as racial discrimination, elite businesses were even more content on keeping up and coming business opportunities down, of course gay rights were completely inexistant (In fact gay people were seen as being mentally ill).

I still think you cant disagree with the simple fact that things have gotten better, on a general front politics is better now, in running the country. Not just the ever so dangerous Bush administration, but the country and the people within it are more sensitive and informed then ever. And its the information that everyone has that is giving the illusion that we are worse off then ever.

I think the fact that people are more informed is a healthy thing, but the world is NOT coming to an end, and we have definately seen worse times.

Well you do have to take into account the spread of information between now and the 1960's. America were just as corrupt at that time, but we are the generation that is uncovering it.

It sounds hypocritical I say that we are "Uncovering it" since I spent a lot of time arguing the point that the high majority of American people are blind to the truth. But when taken into account with the fact that 100% of Americans were blind to it in the 60's, the small minority of people we have now is vital.

And this is the general point Im making that America has grown with politics. The problem now is that the government is struggling to keep up with the information that is spreading with the internet and international impartial news, it was sooooo much easier in the 60's. The problems we have now were always there, on top of basic issues such as racial discrimination, elite businesses were even more content on keeping up and coming business opportunities down, of course gay rights were completely inexistant (In fact gay people were seen as being mentally ill).

I still think you cant disagree with the simple fact that things have gotten better, on a general front politics is better now, in running the country. Not just the ever so dangerous Bush administration, but the country and the people within it are more sensitive and informed then ever. And its the information that everyone has that is giving the illusion that we are worse off then ever.

I think the fact that people are more informed is a healthy thing, but the world is NOT coming to an end, and we have definately seen worse times.

Reilly, thanks for a really nice and well-though out response :)

I agree with the whole thing, I would only add that maybe, just maybe, the process has begun that could lead to the end of society as we know it. ie. nukes and biological warfare. :/

when is people going to understand in america

"Democracy just doesnt work" -->homer simpson

You cant force a country to change their politics-----since when did we become the policecountry of the world????????

Bush is the biggest mistake---no, not mistake because we didnt want him in the first place----the biggest trash of a president ever-----and whats sad bout this--is that he is just going to leave his mess and let the next one worry bout cleaning up :P

Reilly, thanks for a really nice and well-though out response

I agree with the whole thing, I would only add that maybe, just maybe, the process has begun that could lead to the end of society as we know it. ie. nukes and biological warfare.

I hinted in one of my posts that I this idea was ridiculous, but it isnt. Its still highly unlikely, they said the same thing about the Gulf war and this war is nothing to the extent of that (and it was small scale in comparison with other wars).

The bombs made now are no bigger or scarier then say, the one that dropped on Japan. It wont be the end of civilisation, Im sure of that (But not 100% positive).

And thank you for YOUR thought out replies in this thread. :cool:

OK, this isn't going to be the most happiest topic but it is something that has been on my mind lately.

With all the terrorist attacks and what not, the media spends a lot of time talking about or reporting on who is doing it and where they are and how to stop them. Why doesn't the media ever focus on they do the bombings seem to care what drives them to do it? Wouldn't you think that is important? They resort to killing people to send a message? Not just some rendom anger or watning to control the world,but simply sending a message. Everyone seems to be hearing it but it seems like no one is listening.

Its like, it keeps happening, and why do the terrorists bomb places? Because they want their message to be heard. And unless this happens, they are going to keep bombing innocent people.

I dont think the media focussed at all on why two weeks ago there was attacks, there was no reason given by the media (Especially in America, at least in the UK it was acknowledged that it was for the G8 summit- but didnt explain the terrorists actual intentions). And now, two weeks later we have 4 more bombings, seriously less dangerous bombings but its another warning really. They can still sneak bombs into areas of London, regardless of security (Which apparently had been "Stepped up"). They are definately still able to get more effective bombs in more tactically dangerous places.

I don't mean to show any disrespect or say what they are doing is right in anyway. I am sure you all know that but I just want to make it clear.

that is exactly how i feel. when all this happened i didnt have cable so i didnt know anything about what happened . IT PISSED ME OFF because my local channels focused on it for like 5 mins and didnt even tell all. its like well it didnt happen here so it isnt important. anyways. i would go around askling people what happened because i didnt have cable. and all i heard was where it took place and thats it. than i get newsweek and time inb the mail and they discuss some of the possible people involved and the g8 meeting but like you said reilly. they didnt talk about any kind of motive. they now know where the bus bomber lives and they talk to his family but i still havent heard anything motive-linked. they could ask their family of any kinds of radical urges but anyways. my news over here just sucks. another thing is. i turned on to cnn today after hearing about the other bombings and NOTHING was on. it seems that if it is a huge catastropthy with people dead than it is news worthy but if it is minor bombings it doesnt matter. ANYWAYS main point is... ive always hated the media and the makeup caked news reporters but now i do so even more. k later

that is exactly how i feel. when all this happened i didnt have cable so i didnt know anything about what happened . IT PISSED ME OFF because my local channels focused on it for like 5 mins and didnt even tell all. its like well it didnt happen here so it isnt important. anyways. i would go around askling people what happened because i didnt have cable. and all i heard was where it took place and thats it. than i get newsweek and time inb the mail and they discuss some of the possible people involved and the g8 meeting but like you said reilly. they didnt talk about any kind of motive. they now know where the bus bomber lives and they talk to his family but i still havent heard anything motive-linked. they could ask their family of any kinds of radical urges but anyways. my news over here just sucks. another thing is. i turned on to cnn today after hearing about the other bombings and NOTHING was on. it seems that if it is a huge catastropthy with people dead than it is news worthy but if it is minor bombings it doesnt matter.

Thats retarded! Terrorist bombings should be effecting America just as much as England. It may as well be the same threat...

that is exactly how i feel. when all this happened i didnt have cable so i didnt know anything about what happened . IT PISSED ME OFF because my local channels focused on it for like 5 mins and didnt even tell all. its like well it didnt happen here so it isnt important. anyways. i would go around askling people what happened because i didnt have cable. and all i heard was where it took place and thats it. than i get newsweek and time inb the mail and they discuss some of the possible people involved and the g8 meeting but like you said reilly. they didnt talk about any kind of motive. they now know where the bus bomber lives and they talk to his family but i still havent heard anything motive-linked. they could ask their family of any kinds of radical urges but anyways. my news over here just sucks. another thing is. i turned on to cnn today after hearing about the other bombings and NOTHING was on. it seems that if it is a huge catastropthy with people dead than it is news worthy but if it is minor bombings it doesnt matter.

Thats retarded! Terrorist bombings should be effecting America just as much as England. It may as well be the same threat...

I agree with Reilly 110% here.....

that has to be the most ignorant statement I have ever read on the matter. OF COURSE it matters!!!!!! :stunned: and what exactly is 'minor bombings'.... people died for no reason... it doesnt matter if its 4000 or 50... lives were still lost.... needlessly. It very well should matter.. they are our closest allies... and our 'sister country'.... how can we say it doesnt matter.

I am thinking of leaving the UK... Due to the ongoing attacks...

you are letting the terrorists win if you flee England... you must prevail.. support your country and what it stands for.. even if your rights get violated... (as in my countries case) if you love it so... Our rights have been flushed down the toilet here.. I'm thinking the constitution means shit here anymore.. they should just get rid of it.. lol no one is safe, terrorist live everywhere, not just in Leeds... :rolleyes:

Thanks for agreeing! But she was talking about the Minor bombings in London the other day, 2 weeks after the 50 who lost their lives.

A couple people were injured, but still, the bombs didnt go off properly and would've claimed just as many lives. This says to me, its just as important as the bombing 2 weeks ago, if not more important...

I think naturally most people around the London area and England felt that the bombing a fortnight ago was terrible, but the 2nd bombing (even if it was less dangerous) shows that this is definately an on-going battle, and people are really freaking out about their safety now (In other words, for most of the nation, 50 people dieing was terrible but it didnt effect their lives, now its really hitting home on a personal level).

I've ranted on again :cool:

True, nowhere is safe anymore it seems. I wonder what, let's say, Bush and Blair, and other leaders of the world will do about all these bombs going off everywhere. Fight fire with fire? I blame Bush for so much of this happening. His "war against terror" = "his search for oil and more money for the US".

I wanna leave society. I feel so fucking frustrated. Give it a thought, humans ought to live in peace and harmony, but every day on the news, there are bombs and murders and awful things, all the time. Very depressing. :angry: