✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Thought on Terrorist Attacks...

Reilly

OK, this isn't going to be the most happiest topic but it is something that has been on my mind lately.

With all the terrorist attacks and what not, the media spends a lot of time talking about or reporting on who is doing it and where they are and how to stop them. Why doesn't the media ever focus on they do the bombings seem to care what drives them to do it? Wouldn't you think that is important? They resort to killing people to send a message? Not just some rendom anger or watning to control the world,but simply sending a message. Everyone seems to be hearing it but it seems like no one is listening.

Its like, it keeps happening, and why do the terrorists bomb places? Because they want their message to be heard. And unless this happens, they are going to keep bombing innocent people.

I dont think the media focussed at all on why two weeks ago there was attacks, there was no reason given by the media (Especially in America, at least in the UK it was acknowledged that it was for the G8 summit- but didnt explain the terrorists actual intentions). And now, two weeks later we have 4 more bombings, seriously less dangerous bombings but its another warning really. They can still sneak bombs into areas of London, regardless of security (Which apparently had been "Stepped up"). They are definately still able to get more effective bombs in more tactically dangerous places.

I don't mean to show any disrespect or say what they are doing is right in anyway. I am sure you all know that but I just want to make it clear.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're absolutely right. Clearly no-one is paying proper attention to the causes, reasons and motivations behind these attacks. I'm not saying that governments should give in to threats, but a little more in-depth research could be a lot of help, in my humble opinion.

The bombings in London 2 weeks ago wasn't directly aimed at the G8.. rather the terrorists knew the world would be watching.... so what better way to grab the 'world' attention than to bomb during the G8.... In America its quite clear why these bombings occured.... because of the UK's involvement in the occupation of Iraq.. you guys are our biggest allies.... and this is why you were targeted.

its not always the media you know.. sometimes, preventing these things in inevitable... and unfortunately.. people lose there lives. This is life now.. this is the world we live in today...... I think I have learned to accept that, sad as it may be.

There was media coverage in America focusing on the fact that the bombings were probably due to the G8 fyi...

the media focuses on what the majority of citizens want to hear. what your news covered, and what mine did, are probably two totally different things. and im sure the same happened with 9.11

You're absolutely right. Clearly no-one is paying proper attention to the causes' date=' reasons and motivations behind these attacks. I'm not saying that governments should give in to threats, but a little more in-depth research could be a lot of help, in my humble opinion.[/quote']

Indeed.

There is a fine line between understanding what they are doing and "reasoning" with them. Its not as if the media printing a few reasons WHY the terrorists do these acts is going to help Terrorism sneak in on our government. But really, the thing that terrorists are looking out for now is that their message is getting heard, and it isnt getting heard, so they put more bombs out today.

Do you think the message will be heard tomorow? No.

Terrorism is a vague topic for the average person. When the IRA (Irish Republican Army- terrorist group) bombed England years ago, the message was CLEAR. The media made it clear. Now, things are blurry, and it can happen again until the message gets clearer.

The bombings in London 2 weeks ago wasn't directly aimed at the G8.. rather the terrorists knew the world would be watching.... so what better way to grab the 'world' attention than to bomb during the G8.... In America its quite clear why these bombings occured.... because of the UK's involvement in the occupation of Iraq.. you guys are our biggest allies.... and this is why you were targeted.

I know that, most people who keep up on the news should be able to piece it together. Except CNN of course, who mentioned nothing of it.

There was no "It is believed the attacks took place as a backlash response to British troops helping the American's in Iraq..." there was just the attitude "Evil mindless terrorists are randomly blowing shit up!"

No but seriously, thats the attitude I got from flicking over to CNN on the day.

but the fact remains... they (media) doesn't want to alarm the public as well as fuel potential terrorist with information...

Hahahahaha! C'mon, when have the American media never aimed to harm the public?

Terrorist attacks, to the Media, are like a back to school sale. People rushing out to buy big Jeeps (As they are encouraged that a four wheel drive powerful vehicle will protect them from nuclear bombs and planes crashing into them) and survival kits, gas masks, freeze dry food, and all because its expensive and helps the economy.

In fact any news item becomes a way to scare the American public. If one idiot kid in South Carolina is too stupid to work, hes labelled with Attention Deficit Disorder and pumped full of expensive pills, and it becomes procedure to pump every other stupid kid with expensive pills (Which is why on average, simple combatting pills to simple mental problems involve 5 times more pills in America then in any other country).

Ooops, I lost myself.

America alarms the public, nomatter what happens. Terrorists attacks are the media's dream.

lol yeah perhaps...but come on every news outlet over here was like "are americans safe' date='" "what can we do to protect ourselves," "you have to wonder, if we'll ever feel safe again..." lol dont you watch the daily show!?[/quote']

Egg-FRICKEN-zactly.

If you want to get down to the nitty gritty, the reason why the media doesn't explore the real reasons for terroritst bombings is because they are big wussies.

After 9/11, everyone here in America was saying "Why did this happen, what did we do?" Well, it came as no surprise to me that we got attacked on 9/11 becasue of our policies world-wide and the fact that Islamic extrmeists don't like us being on their foreign soil. Although it is incredibly wrong for people to bomb innocent civilians as Al Quada has done in the UK, USA and other places, it should come as no surprise that we have enemies out there. If we really wanted it to stop we should pull out of every muslim nation and appease them. Now I believe that the islamic extrmeists are very wrong, I'm just trying to explain why the media refuses to hold their own countries accountable.

^ not entirely true Reilly....

but I will give you this..the do like to keep us in fear... but thats not the medias doing alone.. the government has a big role in that as well.

I thought that was kind of implied at this stage. Didnt I mention the economy?

The media at every stage is down to politics. From the NY Times (I dont even read this so Im just using a random example) to a crappy local paper that has 300 readers, the politics of the certain area fuels the articles that are written.

And on the national stage, America's newspapers are run by Republicans and modern day land-owners. If you have studied any journalism or politics (Or even sociology) you get to the disheartening fact that journalists are completely restricted of speech.

Let me make it clear that in this topic I am not blaming the media, its the government behind the media that decide what articles are printed. Its been happening since the newage dawn of time...

Why do you think news items such as America's bombings on other countries BEFORE September 11 never made front page news? Of course the media would love to print that, it would sell a shitload. But instead on that day the media are bullied (By their advertisers- who are bullied, by the government) to print news items that have nothing to do with America's attacks on other countries.

It never makes front page news, because the government doesnt want it that way. Most countries are like that (Like I said, at every level of journalism, EVERY level, the articles are decided by the advertisers) but with America it really is to an extreme degree when the media are blatantly covering up every mistake the Americans are making. Its no wonder Bush is consistently compared to Hitler, this type of government censorship goes back to 1940's Germany.

STOP BLAMING BUSH FOR EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!! you do know he and tony are in all this shit together right!?

Its not Tony's fault to different people.. Tony Blair has gone out of his way to make sure this country does not go at civil war over this..

Bombs in this county espically with the diverse population we have is more sensiative than other places... in that taking nothing away from this sad things in happening....

All that is going to end up happening is that, peoples are going to be attacking peoples... over a small number of idoits

STOP BLAMING BUSH FOR EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!! you do know he and tony are in all this shit together right!?

Its not Tony's fault to different people.. Tony Blair has gone out of his way to make sure this country does not go at civil war over this..

Bombs in this county espically with the diverse population we have is more sensiative than other places... in that taking nothing away from this sad things in happening....

All that is going to end up happening is that, peoples are going to be attacking peoples... over a small number of idoits

still, lets take your scenario, we lock bush up, then what!??? ITD GET WORSE

^ not entirely true Reilly....

but I will give you this..the do like to keep us in fear... but thats not the medias doing alone.. the government has a big role in that as well.

I thought that was kind of implied at this stage. Didnt I mention the economy?

The media at every stage is down to politics. From the NY Times (I dont even read this so Im just using a random example) to a crappy local paper that has 300 readers, the politics of the certain area fuels the articles that are written.

And on the national stage, America's newspapers are run by Republicans and modern day land-owners. If you have studied any journalism or politics (Or even sociology) you get to the disheartening fact that journalists are completely restricted of speech.

Let me make it clear that in this topic I am not blaming the media, its the government behind the media that decide what articles are printed. Its been happening since the newage dawn of time...

Why do you think news items such as America's bombings on other countries BEFORE September 11 never made front page news? Of course the media would love to print that, it would sell a shitload. But instead on that day the media are bullied (By their advertisers- who are bullied, by the government) to print news items that have nothing to do with America's attacks on other countries.

It never makes front page news, because the government doesnt want it that way. Most countries are like that (Like I said, at every level of journalism, EVERY level, the articles are decided by the advertisers) but with America it really is to an extreme degree when the media are blatantly covering up every mistake the Americans are making. Its no wonder Bush is consistently compared to Hitler, this type of government censorship goes back to 1940's Germany.

Exactly Reilly. Trust me that there are MANY people here in the states that think exactly the same way about the media. The media, for the most part, is in the bed with politicians. Our media needs to be more proactive in asking the REAL questions and reporting the REAL news.

OK lots of replies Im trying to keep up on. Britt, your "How??" question was responded in my post to Camille (My last post on the page). The media is entirely run by the government (And advertisers).

If you want to get down to the nitty gritty' date=' the reason why the media doesn't explore the real reasons for terroritst bombings is because they are big wussies. [/quote']

Do you have any idea how many journalists were fired over reporting the "Wrong news" about September 11? And since then. The New York times alone lost over 14 HEAD EDITORS over incidents since then, to the point where they are being forced into hiring people who can barely write legibly.

After 9/11, everyone here in America was saying "Why did this happen, what did we do?" Well, it came as no surprise to me that we got attacked on 9/11 becasue of our policies world-wide and the fact that Islamic extrmeists don't like us being on their foreign soil. Although it is incredibly wrong for people to bomb innocent civilians as Al Quada has done in the UK, USA and other places, it should come as no surprise that we have enemies out there. If we really wanted it to stop we should pull out of every muslim nation and appease them. Now I believe that the islamic extrmeists are very wrong, I'm just trying to explain why the media refuses to hold their own countries accountable.

Thats true. But of course thats considered "Reasoning with terrorists".

Does it make me a radical thinker to believe that America has been a terrorist threat a hell of a lot longer then any Al Qaeda or Hussein?

still, lets take your scenario, we lock bush up, then what!??? ITD GET WORSE

slowy but surely the world would return to the pre 9/11 era, a improvment and a effort to better Man Kind

Trust me that there are MANY people here in the states that think exactly the same way about the media. The media, for the most part, is in the bed with politicians. Our media needs to be more proactive in asking the REAL questions and reporting the REAL news.

They dont have the choice man, articles are run by the advertisers firstly, the advertisers are big business, on top or on small scales, every advertising establishment is keeping a firm eye on its money, the media is so vital in every sense of politics that it becomes more important then the politics itself. The advertiser, who is watching their money, will roll with whatever politics will get them more money.

Does anyone think that newspapers make money by selling more newspapers? With the price of what it costs to make a newspaper, they would be in serious debt within a week if they relied on sales. They rely on the advertisers, solely. And without the advertisers, they wont have a paper to run.

This is the cut-throat world which journalists live on. They either report the joke news, or they report nothing at all.