✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I'm sick of these terrorists

Albie

i understand what u say--bart---but also, dont let fear take away your freedom

thats what happened here in america----now, government can go through your medical records, library records, bank records, etc. without ur permission----whenever they want--------unfortunately--when people have fear---they tend to give away liberties and privacy for protection----and government abuses it

:P

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand how u feel because we felt like that and maybe even worse when 9/11 happened---but all i am saying is----once u give up those rights and freedoms---u dont get them back

dont know how ur government works over there but here, the government put the fear in americans so that we followed them blindly into this iraq war and sadly--they succeded

now that the fear is almost gone---we see how terrible it was to give up our right of privacy and how wrong we were to follow blindly what the governm. said

just hope doesnt happen to england-----people in power tend to take advantage--

thats what happened here in america----now, government can go through your medical records, library records, bank records, etc. without ur permission----whenever they want--------unfortunately--when people have fear---they tend to give away liberties and privacy for protection----and government abuses it

OMG not t he medical records, library records, bank records! crying out loud they might actually find a terrorist and save some lives! we dont want that at the expence of them seeing my medical records! stupid facist trying to protect us by invading our freedom, looking at my bank records! i'd rather be alive adn have them see what ive bought and how my health is then be dead and the goverment have no clue about those things!

we saw what having no fear did, we ignored the terrorist over and over and they kept attacking, over and over. america isnt that afraid of terrorism.

god forbid they look at some record of mine in order to protect me!

OMG not t he medical records, library records, bank records! crying out loud they might actually find a terrorist and save some lives! we dont want that at the expence of them seeing my medical records! stupid facist trying to protect us by invading our freedom, looking at my bank records! i'd rather be alive adn have them see what ive bought and how my health is then be dead and the goverment have no clue about those things!

we saw what having no fear did, we ignored the terrorist over and over and they kept attacking, over and over. america isnt that afraid of terrorism.

Nick, ever heard of civil liberties :huh: You seem almost willing to allow this country to become a police-state.

d

Nick, ever heard of civil liberties :huh: You seem almost willing to allow this country to become a police-state.

Right on---thats what i been trying to explain----i am not willing to give up my rights and liberties because once u give it to them--u will not get it back----and no, its not for our protection----personally---i dont feel any safer---if anything---i feel more like a target than before :P

not at all, that would suck. but im for giving up small things in order for me to be safe. the left acts like were a effing police state when were far from it. there should be checks and balances keeping it from going too far, but as of now it has not.

Re: d

Right on---thats what i been trying to explain----i am not willing to give up my rights and liberties because once u give it to them--u will not get it back----and no, its not for our protection----personally---i dont feel any safer---if anything---i feel more like a target than before :P

your not willing to give up simple, meaningless civil rights, to be safe or the have other be safe? thats sad. in order to be safe were going to ahve to lose some minor rights. its a fact of life. just we cant lose too many and we should do what we can to avoid that.

Re: d

your not willing to give up simple, meaningless civil rights, to be safe or the have other be safe? thats sad. in order to be safe were going to ahve to lose some minor rights. its a fact of life. just we cant lose too many and we should do what we can to avoid that.

Have you ever lived in a place/country where the government DOES have access to your personal information/records? Ever felt the fear that what you say can and will be used against you... Even if it's just voicing an opinion? Where the media i.e. journalists have to think twice before criticising the government because they could lose their jobs (or worse get locked up someplace without needing trial/reason to be given) all in the name of national security? Try it out for awhile, and tell me you don't feel paranoid about the government monitoring/having access to everything about you...

Civil rights e.g. personal privacy are NOT meaningless! :angry:

civil rights are not' date=' but in a time like this we must give up some small ones for safety. its a fact were going to have to chose from safety or losing a few civil rights,but not any major ones.[/quote']

I understand and hope for your sake you're right. I don't know whether you feel concerned about it, but I'm going to throw in the "slippery slope" argument... i.e. once you start going that direction and giving up some civil liberties there's no turning back, and you might end up losing more and more of your civil liberties until even major ones are lost. I know it sounds paranoid, but heck if the anti-abortionists/anti-cloning people can use it, why can't I? :P

Alright, I'll give you that... But think longer term. What if this "war against the terrorists" drags on? It looks likely Bush is going to have the war all the way until he steps down, what if his successor decides that the war still needs to go on until "all terrorists have been wiped out"? I can tell u the terrorists will keep on as long as the US continues its current foreign policy of being insensitive to other countries. This "war" could drag on for decades! What then?

f

then we should change our stratigy and try something else. i mean anythings possible these days' date=' and if it drags on for too long we must change stratigy's and not let the goverment take away too many freedoms.[/quote']

I had a dog once----boy did i love that dog---I adored him----he would want to run around in the house--i let him---if he wanted to eat with me in the table--i let him---if he wanted to sleep with me in bed---i let him---until ma mother came in to live with me----i had to keep him outside---and u know what----he never could stay outside----because i gave him all the freedom since the beginning--now he didnt want to go outside--so i gave him away

you give the government "few and meaningless" rights little by little and once u notice---they will not give them back----and they will not step back

mrcool----let me ask u this---where is the line that says enough is enough----how many rights are you willing to give up for protection----------which by the way--we dont have----we aint getting protection----you can step into the bus just like innocent people did in England and be exploded by a terrorist----DO YOU FEEL SAFE? BECAUSE I KNOW I DONT

You say so freely "Lets try this and if it doesnt work in a few years, we'll change the strategy" but its not as simple as saying it

Go and say that to all americans dying overseas----go and say that to the families of men dying----its not that simple

We need changes now---not later when we realize the shitty plan failed---we need to worry bout this things now