✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I'm a lonely brazilian... And I need help!

schmarotzer

Hey There! I'm new here, i'm brazilian and my english isn't very good, so i'm sorry. Anyway, i'm glad i've found a forum with people who love coldplay, radiohead and all those great uk bands. But unfortunately, i have a problem. i'm afraid that i'm the only brazilian who likes these bands. If i talk to someone here and say something like: "Isn't coldplay (or any other non-brazilian band) the best band ever?" People answer: "What the fu** is coldplay? Is it some kind of food?" That's exactly why i'm so glad i've found this forum. Everybody in brazil keeps listening to crap like "samba""pagode" and funk. When i go to school and there's a cd player avaiable i try to play my nice cds like "the man who" (travis) "the bends" (radiohead) or "a rush of blood to the head" (coldplay) and the guys there almost kill me! And the worst part is: Here, only the guys who know how to dance that "samba" thing have girlfriends. Of course I can't do my idioteque dance... you know what would happen. lol

Does anybody here have a similar problem?

Ps: Coldplay is the best band EVER! My favorite songs are spies and god put a smile upon your face.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

high!!!! and welcome to the board! my name is kasia and i`m from a forgotten country - poland. your english is awesome! and i can tell i have a similar problem too yours. the thing is that techno, dance and all that crap is very popular in poland and i`m not into that shite at all! i like bands like rhcp, coldplay and incubus. i`m not even asking ppl if they know incubus becuz i know they don`t. i fell in luff with a guy who actually likes techno and i bet he won`t even look at me becuz i don`t dress like a techno-girl (-lol-) and i never will. my style is more like old-school.i just hope one day ppl from all around the world will realize that good music has soul and heart.

Shuttup Reilly, just, shuttup.

It's the same I do....... ;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also think Radiohead is great, but no one likes Radiohead here, I mean no one......

Thanks for the warm welcome, folks! It's always nice to meet coldplay & radiohead fans around the world. And weedy_gonzalez, thanx for the "your english is awesome!". Oh, I almost forgot: Weedy, Incubus really is a great band! Don't give up, someday you'll find a boy that likes your old-school style. ;) I hope I can find a girl here in Brazil that likes coldplay too...

My name is Thomas. Schmarotzer is the name of my brazilian band. 8) It really means "leech" in german. You know, we wanted a different name for our band, and we thought: "Maybe we should just use a word that only a few pepople know what means." Then we searched in a portuguese-german dictionary for the word "parasita" (leech in portuguese) and we found that cool name. :)

hi thomas, my name is julie. its great to see coldplay fans from south america in here, they have a big fan base from there. Im sure u;ll find a brazilian coldplay fan, i hope i find a guy whos a coldplay fan who lives here and is not gay or taken ;)

HI Julie! I'm sure you'll find a guy that loves coldplay just as much as we do! ;)

I'm still trying to find a girl here that loves coldplay. it's a really hard task, but if i keep searching...

Anyway, i thought that miami had lots of coldplay fans, but now i see that this is not the truth... Or all the coldplay fans there are "gay or taken"? :shrug:

Ok Sweet One... Just kidding, Laura! ;)

That's a great name, and you live in a great country! I hope I can move to Canada someday. (I really, really love Canada!!! :-D )

hahaha.....you should definitely come down to Canada someday.... you'd have fun, i bet....

Oh, and i love your avatar!!! :o

well to tell u the truth, i dont know of there are a lot of fans in miami cause i go to school in new orleans, but im sure there is cause coldplay performed in miami sometime in jan and i think it was sold out. THere are a lot of fans here in new orleans too but i just havent met them, i know one but he's taken, i went with him and his girlfriend to the concert .

Laura, I visited Canada two years ago, and i had a great time. I remember that it was very cold (But that's alright, cause i really love cold weather. :) ). It was a very nice experience, and that's why I love your country so much. :-D

Oh, thanks for the "I love your avatar!!!". It is Radiohead's Thom Yorke (Of course everybody already knew it.), And the reason why i used his picture is very simple: His name is Thomas, and my name is Thomas too. ;)

Your avatar is cool too. Could you tell me the story of your avatar?

Laura, I visited Canada two years ago, and i had a great time. I remember that it was very cold (But that's alright, cause i really love cold weather. :) ). It was a very nice experience, and that's why I love your country so much. :-D

Oh, thanks for the "I love your avatar!!!". It is Radiohead's Thom Yorke (Of course everybody already knew it.), And the reason why i used his picture is very simple: His name is Thomas, and my name is Thomas too. ;)

Your avatar is cool too. Could you tell me the story of your avatar?

hahaha...RADIOHEAD RULES!!! I'm glad you had a good time in Canada... My avatar is a Norah Jones...Do you know her?? She's a very popular singer...and i put her avatar there b/c i'm celebrating the fact that i'm gonna see her in concert in July..YAY!!! :D