✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What genre is coldplay?

Matter-Eater Lad

by NO means is coldplay POP' date=' hell no. im gonna go with alternative.[/quote']Why not, POP doesn't necessarily means mainstream or bad music, although coldplay are mainstream like it or not!

But I think they fit nicely into pop/rock classification.

by NO means is coldplay POP' date=' hell no. im gonna go with alternative.[/quote']Why not, POP doesn't necessarily means mainstream or bad music, although coldplay are mainstream like it or not!

But I think they fit nicely into pop/rock classification.

I always thought 'Pop' was kinda short for popular...

0_o

i also thought 'pop' was short for popular...apparently not.

coldplay is alternative rock...subcategories are britpop, soft-rock, etc.

Well they are popular, they do have catchy melodies, and it may be brit but it's also pop, hence the britpop :D .

Nick, of course Coldplay are pop, you nubbin. They are pop, just like the Beatles, Bob Marley, U2, if you cant get the easiest and most generalising genre in music correct, then Im not surprised you have made this topic.

Pop=popular music, its that simple.

I hate it when people are like "Noooo ewww my favourite band arent POP like NSync and Britney nooooo!!!!1111 bleaghhhh1!!1" I thought we were past that.

Coldplay are melodic rock. I dont even bother with Genre's much, everyone has a different idea of where bands fit in. Where would you put the Beatles?

Britpop is a classification like Grunge, it only represents a popular period of time, Coldplay cant be Britpop as they missed that boat by a few years.