✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Funk

coldplayiscool

How do you not know what funk is? :o

Think James Brown, Parliament, Funkadelic, Sly and the Family Stone, Bootsy Collins, Stevie Wonder, Curtis Mayfield, War, Herbie Hancock (who was also a great jazz musician but "Head Hunters" is as good a funk album as I've heard), Charles Wright.

Those artists are all great. Sly and the Family Stone's "Stand!" and James Brown's "Live at the Apollo Volume II" are good places to start if you ask me.

How do you not know what funk is? :o

Think James Brown, Parliament, Funkadelic, Sly and the Family Stone, Bootsy Collins, Stevie Wonder, Curtis Mayfield, War, Herbie Hancock (who was also a great jazz musician but "Head Hunters" is as good a funk album as I've heard), Charles Wright.

Those artists are all great. Sly and the Family Stone's "Stand!" and James Brown's "Live at the Apollo Volume II" are good places to start if you ask me.

stevie wonder is funk? what??? because i do like him.

Stevie wonder has a lot of songs that are straight funk. Like "Superstition." Don't get no funkier than that. Or "Higher Ground," "Do Yourself a Favor," "I Wish." Funk masterpieces. :cool:

Jamiroquai are sort of funky. They have a lot of other similar influences, though, like Philly soul, disco, and acid jazz. It all depends on how loosely you define the genre, I guess.

haha I hope so.. I don't know anything about styles.. :/ but I know what music I like and what music I don't like, and in the end it doesn't really matter in what style that music belongs.. right? :D

although.. a little lesson in music styles wouldn't do me any wrong, I suppose :P