✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Ian Brown/Stone Roses

badlydrawngirl

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Roses are definitely my favorite band of all-time... Coldplay's obviously my favorite active band....

Ian Brown's great.... his best days were with the Stone Roses back in the 80's, but he's still been able to carve a niche for himself today.

Best Stones stuff:

-I Wanna Be Adored

-She Bangs The Drums

-Made Of Stone

-I Am The Resurrection

-Fool's Gold

-Love Spreads

-Mersey Paradise

-Begging You

Best solo stuff:

-Superstar

-F.E.A.R.

-The Gravy Train

-Set My Baby Free

It's hillarious, cuz his before the Roses made it big, Brown used to do a lot of speed... which meant all his songs were sung at a ridiculously fast tempo. Then he started doing dope and what not, and it helped him establish his signature singing style, not to mention slowing down his singing. Though he's done too much of it so that his voice is not as strong as it used to be in the past.

"Finding Eternity Arouses Reactions, Freeing Excellence Affects Reality, Falling Empires Are Running, Find Earth And Reap, Fantastic Expectations Amazing Revelations, Final Execution And Resurrection, Free Expression As Revolution, Finding Everything And Realising........you got the FEAR"

I just had to post that, cos Ian Brown is a great lyricist :cool:

• 8 months later...

They were very good. I didn't used to like them, but I've really been getting into them over the last few years. I've been meaning to buy the second album, but a lot of people say it's not that brilliant so I've been putting it off for ages.

My favourite song has to be I Am The Resurrection.

Other favourites are Sally Cinnamon, I Wanna Be Adored, Fool's Gold, and Waterfalls.