Ian Brown/Stone Roses

badlydrawngirl

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

The Stone Roses

One of Manchesters Greatest bands if not the greatest band to come from Manchester. Apart from CP what does any body else think to.

The Stone Roses The Very Best Of.

This was brought due the fact, I had already brought, the first album, and I heard the Second Coming was not that great. This Album is excellent loads of Songs one to mention "Ten Story Love Song" Tells a story of my life. "Fools gold" is also a superb tune, the full 12 minute version. And "I am the Resurrection" John Squire is in superb form, for his guitar chords, it follows a perfect tempo, and a arrangement of which words it self would not justify it.

• 3 weeks later...

Ian Brown ...

He's the guy in my avatar, and a musical legend. Along with the Happy Mondays his band (The stone Roses) ruled the Madchester scene. He resembles a monkey, and is proud of it, so proud in fact during the recording of the The Stone Roses second and last album titled the "The Second Coming" he made fellow band member Reni, Mani (know Primal Scream's bassist) and John Squire call him "King Monkey"

With his unique vocal's (he sounds like he is strangling a cat) and amazing lyrics, he must be one of Britains musical heroes. His three solo albums my not have the crytical acclaim of the two he made with the Stone Roses, but they are still mighty fine.

Recommend Listening (solo work) ...

*Gravy Train

*F.E.A.R

*El Mundo Pequeno

*Dolphins Where Monkeys

*My Star

*Whispers

Recommended Work (Stone Roses) ...

*Sally Cinnamon

*Fools Gold

*She Bangs The Drums

*Waterfalls

*I Anm The Resurrection

• 2 months later...

I used to melt with the one I have loved when Ian Brown was on. We used to like FEAR, (OUR IAN BRWON SONG WAS (Northen Lights)

When is he bringing out his new album what I heard was being done ?? :lol: :)