✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A Question about Relationships...and all that jazz.

Sweet One

Ok. So, I have a question. What is considered an appropriate amount of time before you start dating someone new? I kinda, sorta heard through the grapevine that my ex-boyfriend is now dating someone new. I don't know if it's anything serious, but yeah. I was kinda bothered by it. I'm not gonna lie. I was really bothered by it. It hasn't even been a month. :stunned:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, talk to me about this... cause I was in the same boat just recently. My ex started seeing a girl a month into our breakup. I am seeing someone now....and it had been almost 3 months after the breakup. It hurt me a lot when I found out that he was seeing her, especially because she was only a friend before and I was always suspicious that there was something more going on and there was, he just never did anything about it because he was with me. They are happy together now, and so am I.

Appropriate time? A month I guess is good. Keep in mind that I still live with my ex and it took me until recently to accept what was actually happening. And it varies from person to person of course. And it also depends on how long you were with your ex, cause if it was longer (in my case 3 years) it will hurt more to see him with someone else.

didnt know they broke up

yeah, it kinda came out of nowhere, but not really, ya know?

Justine, I think it's kinda similar to yours. He knows this girl from the job that he had during the summer, but he mentioned her only once, and they weren't really friends or anything.

Ok. So' date=' I have a question. What is considered an appropriate amount of time before you start dating someone new? I kinda, sorta heard through the grapevine that my ex-boyfriend is now dating someone new. I don't know if it's anything serious, but yeah. I was kinda bothered by it. I'm not gonna lie. I was really bothered by it. It hasn't even been a month. :stunned:[/quote']

i also broke up wiff me bf over a month ago, he told me now he aint got no one yet, i don`t know if i believe him. anyway, a for now i think i`d kill him if he had someone. i`d kill them both. i`d be sooooo jeaolus!!! i dunno what`s wrong with me, i cant see him with anova woman

Ok. So' date=' I have a question. What is considered an appropriate amount of time before you start dating someone new? I kinda, sorta heard through the grapevine that my ex-boyfriend is now dating someone new. I don't know if it's anything serious, but yeah. I was kinda bothered by it. I'm not gonna lie. I was really bothered by it. It hasn't even been a month. :stunned:[/quote']

look dear....you broke up with him...when somebody broke up with you or viceversa is time at that same moment to starto to get a new life...if he started to date with someone new ok do it too...i knwo it's disturbing but you have to understand that you aren't together anymore....you're pretty, so get a new date and fuck himself!

And also, think about how it's a good thing you dumped him, since he is obviously interested in seeing other people and not thinking of you.

I know girl, I had to deal with a similar situation, except I was the one that got dumped, so it was harder on me.

tough one.. but guys are always 'looking to see if they still have it' they miss that spark of the beginnings of the relationship and don't realize how good they have it until its too late. I guarantee if he sees you with someone else.. and finds out that 'you're over him'.. he'll start calling and wanting to 'hang out' which I strongly advise against!!!

its a tough one... I haven't been thru a bad break up in a while.. but I have had my share of hear breaks.. I feel that I have come to the point in my life now that I know what I want.. and if I don't get it.. be gone. I won't (or at least try not to) allow myself to get hurt in the ways I have been before Basically,, you live and learn. A bit harsh.. but true. But to answer the question... yea.. I think 1 month is way too soon. I don't think he has true feelings for this girl.. he just likes the 'newness' of this thing he has going with her. basically... guys suck.

:( :kiss:

I dont really like digging it up but a few months ago my boyfriend dumped me for someone else...then he said he made a mistake

It hurts it really does when you find out that they are with someone else but like Justine said hes not thinking of you so is he worth getting upset about? If hes found it so easy to love someone else then its not worth it....time is a great healer and you will get thro it!

I dunno if i have helped but i just wanted to say that :)

you live and learn. A bit harsh.. but true. But to answer the question... yea.. I think 1 month is way too soon. I don't think he has true feelings for this girl.. he just likes the 'newness' of this thing he has going with her. basically... guys suck.

Too true! I have definatly learnt alot about all that and im only 17! and yeah one month is too soon....my boyfriend basically did it the next day so i mean i know where your at but be strong...as they say there are plenty more fish in the sea