The Reckoner 00

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahaha yay my own thread!

oh joel, you're so cool. :P

all hail the numbers!

oh, in case you didnt know, i added your lj to my friends list. im escapeisathand there

hell yeah, you're own thread, dude!

oh man. I get all nostalgic thinking about The Numbers...

yeah, i knew it was you... don't ask me why I haven't added you back. I get to be kinda handicapped like that sometimes... (next time I log it, that will be rectified)

Bling, huh.. I noticed that there was bling, but I had no idea what it was for. I figured that it was just a cool way to look at post quality rather than just quantity.

hahaha

my I Talk Shit About Coldplay thread was overrun by teeny-boppers! hahaha That just cracks me up to no end.

I play Takamine for the most part. (Which translates to "2 of my 3 guitars are manufactured by Takamine") My main guitar is a Jasmine, whose parent company is Takamine. My acoustic-electric is a Takamine, and my electric is a Cort. I've been thinking about buying a new electric because I bought the Cort off of a friend and the volume doesn't work properly. It's pretty much All or Nothing. He put on new pick-ups and rewired it himself.

New music.... gosh. I'm not sure. I've got a few that need to be finished. Okay, I've got 13 on my list "To Record" so hopefully sometime soon I'll have more music up on the site. (thanks so much for caring and being so kind calling it lovely) I'm also hoping to have a new site design before '06. Malina from the Official board has been working on it off and on for quite some time. She's such a wonderful person.

Joel, you should just stay away from all the Coldplay sections. The noobs there have teeth and like to bite.

ello mafe

hahaha

no worries man. I've got tough skin (especially dealing with noobs). I've not met a noob I couldn't handle. I'm no Brendan, but I've got my own way of doing things.

Camille, what's stopping you from picking up a guitar? I learned when I was 18. I wasn't very good until I was mid-20, nearly 21. It takes time but it can be so rewarding.

:blush: aww thanks for the words of inspiration!!

do you reccomend I start with an acoustic guitar or what?? I don't know whats stopping me.. I guess fear?? Fear of what?? I don't know.. lol bah! I'm just a mess I suppose.. but I do want to learn... were you self taught?

do you reccomend I start with an acoustic guitar or what?? I don't know whats stopping me.. I guess fear?? Fear of what?? I don't know.. lol bah! I'm just a mess I suppose.. but I do want to learn... were you self taught?

Yes, I would recommend starting with an acoustic. I started on a really old classical guitar, then bought a nice cheap acoustic (that I still use all the time). I am in fact self-taught. I started with a book of chords and just went through them one by one until I could play each one. Then I started playing them together trying to transition as best I could. It was about that time that I started playing a few Radiohead covers. I wouldn't suggest trying Coldplay as they have weird tunings and chords.

So yeah... it can be sooo therapeutic.

Yes, I would recommend starting with an acoustic. I started on a really old classical guitar, then bought a nice cheap acoustic (that I still use all the time). I am in fact self-taught. I started with a book of chords and just went through them one by one until I could play each one. Then I started playing them together trying to transition as best I could. It was about that time that I started playing a few Radiohead covers. I wouldn't suggest trying Coldplay as they have weird tunings and chords.

ooohh Radiohead! niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!! I think whats really peaked my interest in playing is Interpol to be honest lol I've read how Daniel Kessler becomes inspired to write and how he comes up with songs, its just amazing!

He watches movies.. and then from there.. if he happens to feel a certain mood or emotion from the film.. he picks up his classical guitar and plays, or just starts messing around with stuff... I am sure he has some other sort of 'influence' lol but the fact that he lives, eats, breathes, music is amazing to me... he truly loves music... and like myself.. I can't imagine my life without it.. so I want to create.

:) God, I must sound like a cornball.. lol

ooohh Radiohead! niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!! I think whats really peaked my interest in playing is Interpol to be honest lol I've read how Daniel Kessler becomes inspired to write and how he comes up with songs, its just amazing!

He watches movies.. and then from there.. if he happens to feel a certain mood or emotion from the film.. he picks up his classical guitar and plays, or just starts messing around with stuff... I am sure he has some other sort of 'influence' lol but the fact that he lives, eats, breathes, music is amazing to me... he truly loves music... and like myself.. I can't imagine my life without it.. so I want to create.

:) God, I must sound like a cornball.. lol

nah, you don't sound like a cornball at all. It sounds like you've got a passion and you just haven't figured out what to do with it.

Have I ever told you about Snowden? They're a band from Georgia that I absolutely adore.

Easy access: http://www.myspace.com/snowden

snowden.info. I suggest you go to the .info site and download their EP. It's absolutely beautiful in an Interpol kinda way. They throw in a bunch of different influences if you listen carefully. Like the first track Victim Card starts out kind of like Radiohead; Kill the Power sounds like Dismemberment Plan... they're just great.

but yeah, Kessler's a GREAT writer. I've not got that kind of ability. I can't say exactly where my inspiration comes from. What I can say is that it comes and goes and it can be soooo frustrating.

eeek writers block is the worst. I've only experienced it from the 'lyrical' standpoint.... as I don't know how to write music lol but' date=' its a bitch. :laugh3: Thanks for the tips.. I'm going to look up Snowden... ;) I'm always down for discovering new music...[/quote']

Let me know what you think about Snowden.

(Discovering new music is my hobby)

Writing in general (music, words, stories) tends to be hit or miss with me. I blame it on mood swings and instability and all that kind of stuff. It comes and it goes and when it goes, it really gets dry.

BUT, I just bought the most amazing little electric wind organ thing at a garage sale today. It's so freaking awesome. i'll try to find some info about it online. If that doesn't work, I'll post a pic when I get my digicam back.

As listed on E-bay (for 30.00, mind you. Mine was 1/10 the price of that ;) )

Emenee "Audion" electric organ...compact....two octaves on main keyboard... and ....six chord keys on the left side that play...B flat chord...F chord...C chord...G chord...D chord...and an A chord....volume bar on the right slides in and out ...power switch on the lower left...6" tall and 11" wide...21" long ...works like new....sound is similar to an electric accordion

4d_1_b.JPG

Oh MY GOD!!! I had one of those when I was little in my basement!!!!! Seriously!! When you turned that sucker on.. it had some weird fan going on.. low, but you could feel the air blowing on your face.. but thats neither here nor there lol

so you play the keys too??? Jinkies... you're just full of surprises!! Havent heard Snowden yet... I've been out all weekend, but I'll look them up.. ;) promise.