✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Kyle

The Reckoner 00

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joel..

I just heard the EP.. I am loving Chin Up and Anyone Else... :thumbsup: I don't really feel or see the Interpol influence.. but I do get the 'mood' sentiment.. (if thats what they mean) I like the piano in Anyone Else.. the lead vocalist sounds like Pink Floyd at times.. :stunned:

I'm diggin it though.. cheers! x

oh how my thread has sidetracked....

:P

well, sir, if you came by more often, this wouldn't be an issue because we could stay on topic. :D

Camille: I play as much stuff as I can so I can enhance what I do. Just guitar and vocals is rather limiting, but by adding trombone and keys and harmonica and massive effects on guitar and vocals, I can create a more varied and interesting atmosphere. Just think.... Damien Rice can get pretty boring. He's just guitar and vocals (vvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrryyyyy slow as well) with an occasional drumset and cello. He's very good at what he does, but it all starts to blend together and feel the same.

As for Snowden, I'm glad you like it. I really feel what they do and it feels good. I think the Interpol thing is kind of in the guitars, but is really evident in the mood and the vocal delivery at times. What parts sound like Pink Floyd?

I'm not sure... but I'll give it another listen to tonight.. I haven't added it to my iPod yet... however it was during Chin Up that I felt the Floyd essence... or maybe it was just my mood I was in last night.. :cry: but his vocals were what got me. Very soft like yet powerful enough to make you feel a chill.. does that make sense?

Joel, I'm sure you know about them, but check out Kent. I listened to a few of their albums on the 2 hour drive home last night. Forgot how great they were.

If anyone remembers Susan from the official board, she's a huge fan of them.

Joel, I'm sure you know about them, but check out Kent. I listened to a few of their albums on the 2 hour drive home last night. Forgot how great they were.

If anyone remembers Susan from the official board, she's a huge fan of them.

I've been meaning to check Kent out for several years now. Hahaha.

It's funny how that works.. I've got this huge list of music on my periphery to check out and Kent has been there for a long time. I frequently forget about bands because I'll suddenly begin pursuing another focus.

Camille: I don't really get the Floyd thing from Chin Up. Maybe at points with the guitar in the background... I hear a certain chime reminiscent of Floyd... Good stuff, though. I just absolutely love it.

:embarrased: ok nevermind... :cry: maybe it was all in my head.. I was a bit down yesterday.. well I still am... but thats neither here nor there lol I just added them to pod.. I'll give it a thorough run thru tonight in bed.. I love to fall asleep to good music.. ;)

ahhh ok so I just heard the track thru my headphones.. the lead singer doesnt sound so much like the Floyd... but I think it the airy-ness in some of his verses that was reminiscent of Pink Floyd.. but, not much apart from that.. :embarrased: I do enjoy it though... :blush: thanks Joel!

you're more than welcome. If there is anything I love, it's sharing GREAT music :D

Just did a vocal track for the new version of Faces (before I die). It sounds pretty good. I might go and redo vocals again. I'm not sure. I've got a few ideas to add flesh to the bare bones of guitar and vocals.

how's everyone tonight?

I've given up on my thread. I can't stand personal attacks and general stupidity in response to logic and intelligence. (I'm sure somebody's going to come and read this and report to all the other lovely people in the Coldplay forum... whatever.)

Y'all don't mind me popping in, right?

But man. It seems like quite a few people on this messageboard are musically talented. I wish I could've been drawn to that stuff at a young age. Right now I think I'm too old to do it because my laziness is, like, in the advanced stages. Grrr.

Y'all don't mind me popping in, right?

But man. It seems like quite a few people on this messageboard are musically talented. I wish I could've been drawn to that stuff at a young age. Right now I think I'm too old to do it because my laziness is, like, in the advanced stages. Grrr.

I'll tell anyone and everyone the same thing: just do it.

I'm lazy as fuck, myself. Somehow I've managed to keep the ball rolling, generally speaking. It's all a matter of passion, really.

:) I added my 2 cents to your thread.. I thought it (the thread) could be constructive.. maybe have a good heart felt discussion.. but its apparent that some people are just to close minded.

Well, that is exactly what my intentions were in the beginning: to create a thread that expressed my disappointment without clouding my hope for the future. I agree that people came in close-minded, didn't read the entire post (because it was too long for their internet attention span) and commented on parts that were better as a whole instead of just a sentence.

I truly appreciate the people that came and went with a level head there. I also appreciate your input there because you did a good job setting the record straight. :lol:

It's Tuesday... time to go stuff envelopes with delinquency notices to send to all the bad people who don't pay their bills...

Shit, speaking of cell bills.......

Those look pretty damn sweet, Kyle. How much did they set you back? (I need a nice pair smallies for travel-ease) I've got a pair of Aiwa noise-cancellers. They're big and make my lips tingle when I wear them too long (because of the cancelling technology they employ). I like them when I need them to cancel noise like when I'm riding in the car with my parents, but they're kinda bulky otherwise. I think they're starting to crap out on me, too.

not those lips, camille :tongue:

Joel, they retail for 99$ US, but I got them off ebay for around 60. No taxes either. :cool: I've read many a good review on them, and everyone agrees that they last. I've bought so many earphones in the last few years... so much wasted money...

Shure is the company that makes professional custom-fit earphones for musicians.

not those lips' date=' camille :tongue: [/quote']

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I don't usually have a pair of those lips around...

Joel, they retail for 99$ US, but I got them off ebay for around 60. No taxes either. :cool: I've read many a good review on them, and everyone agrees that they last. I've bought so many earphones in the last few years... so much wasted money...

Shure is the company that makes professional custom-fit earphones for musicians.

Nice... I might have to look into that when my credit card is paid off. (we're looking at about two months or so.... good times)

not those lips, camille :tongue:

:laugh3: I wasn't even thinking that.. but good to know! :P

Joel, you should just stay away from all the Coldplay sections. The noobs there have teeth and like to bite.

Kyle...sure, there are alot of newbies on the coldplay section, but in general the people there are super nice, including myself. Why do coldplay fans have to insult other coldplay fans? There's enough of that on the official site....we don't need it here. Please be nice.