✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

help with... halloween words?

Zu

so, here in mexico, we have this thing on halloween, is a mexican costume where you write "calaveritas" or "little skulls" which are funny verses about death and people you know.... I want to write one in english but, well, in spanish is easier because we have all this Synonymous about the death (as a girl) like "la flaca, o la catrina..etc"... so, I was wondering if you could tell me Synonymous of death in english.. please?

:)

...Zu

Main Entry: dead

Part of Speech: adjective 1

Definition: not alive

Synonyms: asleep, belly up, bloodless, blooey, breathless, buried, cadaverous, checked out, cold, cut off, deceased, defunct, departed, done for, erased, expired, extinct, gone, inanimate, inert, late, lifeless, liquidated, mortified, no more, not existing, offed, passed away, perished, reposing, rubbed out, snuffed out, spiritless, stiff, unanimated, washed up, wasted

I also found these! hope this helps!

Synonyms of death and ways to die

Killing, homicide, manslaughter, murder, assassination, trucidation; effusion of blood; blood, blood shed; gore, slaughter, carnage, butchery; battue, massacre; fusillade, noyade; thuggery, thuggism, deathblow, finishing stroke, coup de grace, quietus; execution; judicial murder; martyrdom.

butcher, slayer, murderer, Cain, assassin, terrorist, cutthroat, garroter, bravo, Thug, Moloch, matador, sabreur; guet-a-pens; gallows, executioner; man-eater, apache, hatchet man [u.S.], highbinder [u.S.].

regicide, parricide, matricide, fratricide, infanticide, feticide, foeticide, uxoricide, vaticide, suicide, felo de se, hara-kiri, suttee, Juggernath; immolation, auto da fe, holocaust, suffocation, strangulation, garrote; hanging &c. v.; lapidation.

[Destruction of animals] slaughtering; phthisozoics; sport, sporting; the chase, venery; hunting, coursing, shooting, fishing; pig- sticking; sportsman, huntsman, fisherman; hunter, Nimrod; slaughterhouse, meat packing plant, shambles, abattoir.

V. kill, put to death, slay, shed blood; murder, assassinate, butcher, slaughter, victimize, immolate; massacre; take away life, deprive of life; make away with, put an end to; despatch, dispatch; burke, settle, do for.

strangle, garrote, hang, throttle, choke, stifle, suffocate, stop the breath, smother, asphyxiate, drown, saber; cut down, cut to pieces, cut the throat; jugulate; stab, run through the body, bayonet, eviscerate; put to the sword, put to the edge of the sword, shoot dead; blow one's brains out; brain, knock on the head; stone, lapidate; give a deathblow; deal a deathblow; give a quietus, give a coupe de grace., behead, bowstring, electrocute, gas &c. (execute) , cut off, nip in the bud, launch into eternity, send to one's last account, sign one's death warrant, strike the death knell of, give no quarter, pour out blood like water; decimate; run amuck; wade knee deep in blood, imbrue one's hands in blood, die a violent death, welter in one's blood; dash out one's brains, blow out one's brains; commit suicide; kill oneself, make away with oneself, put an end to oneself, put an end to it all.

Adj. killing &c. v.; murderous, slaughterous; sanguinary, sanguinolent; blood stained, blood thirsty; homicidal, red handed; bloody, bloody minded; ensanguined, gory; thuggish, mortal, fatal, lethal; dead, deadly; mortiferous, lethiferous; unhealthy &c. internecine; suicidal, sporting; piscatorial, piscatory.

yeah... synonyms!! thanks... but more than synonyms of death I´m looking like... well, in mexico for example, we have this thing with the dead (or death?! dammn english! , well I guess is dead), personalize like a woman... so we called her: "the skiinny woman" or "la catrina" which is like this lady of high society, so, that´s more what I´m looking for... but thanks!!! I will review all the words and see if I can find somehting for my writing!

...Zu

you mean like in mexico its lady death - like in english languages they use the saying lady luck for having good luck etc.

the grim reaper(brings death)-

reaper.jpg

i love how in mexican culture death can be seen as humourous and fiestas are celebrated on the dia de los muertos.

you mean like in mexico its lady death - like in english languages they use the saying lady luck for having good luck etc.

the grim reaper(brings death)-

reaper.jpg

i love how in mexican culture death can be seen as humourous and fiestas are celebrated on the dia de los muertos.

exactly!!!! something like that... and yes, I guess we have many good traditions when it comes about of "el dia de los muertos"! :)

everybody got´s a friend in.. Mexico? Zu