✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Brokeback Mountain

Kenna

Here's a funny little 30 second re-enactment of Brokeback...by bunnies. Kinda cute. :) http://www.starz.com/features/brokebackmountain/index.html

Great movie! :thumbsup:

Aww, that was cute :D

I love that movie, and i'm going to see it again with my friend who has also seen it :smiley: i think Brokeback is really emotional movie and the music is so beautiful. And you all should see it!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's sucks

This film make me sick

Care to share why?

If you say because it was about two men being in love, then....

I just erased what I typed, lmfao. Not appropriate and pretty immature. Oh well. But I feel very strongly about homophobes. I hope you didn't like the movie because of that. If so, then maybe you shouldn't say. Because I will verbally assault you........ :lol:

Has anyone else who've seen this movie had the issue with giggly girls, or immature people, in the theater? I have. The second time I saw it there were 3 girls up front who obviously just saw it because maybe they thought one of the actors was hot, or wanted to have bragging rights amongst their peers ("Oh yeah, I SAW that. :smug: ). I wanted to hit them.

Yeah when I was in the cinema watching it(dont remember which time haha)some 14-15-year girls and two boys were sitting next to me(i'm always go to the cinema alone)and girls were laughing all the time and boys saying smth like"how can you watch at two gays kissing?..."Aaahh,I almost killed them

Care to share why?

If you say because it was about two men being in love, then....

I just erased what I typed, lmfao. Not appropriate and pretty immature. Oh well. But I feel very strongly about homophobes. I hope you didn't like the movie because of that. If so, then maybe you shouldn't say. Because I will verbally assault you........ :lol:

Has anyone else who've seen this movie had the issue with giggly girls, or immature people, in the theater? I have. The second time I saw it there were 3 girls up front who obviously just saw it because maybe they thought one of the actors was hot, or wanted to have bragging rights amongst their peers ("Oh yeah, I SAW that. :smug: ). I wanted to hit them.

Yes This is the reason

:( It is truly sad that people still feel this way about homosexuals. But being an anthropology student, I'm going to look at it from another perspective. The truth is that our culture has constructed a 'two gender' system from which we've created a whole set of gender roles that we link to biological differences (side note: religion has had a big part to play in this socialization model). However our cultural lens prohibits us from seeing that, due to natural biological variation, there exist more than just two genders...they just aren't recognized by our cultural reality. Well they are now recognized, as our language has developed to include words (i.e. homosexuals, transgendered, intersexed, etc) for people with sexes and genders that don't fall into our cultural gender box, but these terms still carry a connotation that set these individuals appart from the 'norm' of our society. To put things into perspective, in many Native American tribal societies, multiple genders (beyond 2) were/are recognized, accepted and celebrated. It is important to know that what it means to be masculine or feminine varies across cultures, and that we must open our consciousness to the biological variation that is inherent in all of the natural world. Just something for you to think about...

Brilliantly said! :)

Perhaps this quote can expand upon that:

The world is not divided into sheeps and goats. Not all things are black nor all things white. It is a fundamental of taxonomy that nature rarely deals with discrete categories. Only the human mind invents categories and tries to force facts into separated pigeon-holes. The living world is a continuum in each and every one of its aspects. The sooner we learn this concerning sexual behavior the sooner we shall reach a sound understanding of the realities of sex. ~Alfred Kinsey, Sexual Behavior in the Human Male, 1948

The human race can only get better if people (like Maldini) learn to take off their blinders and see people for what they really are. Each person is individual, no two people are one certain sexuality. Sure, there are blatant distinctions between the sexes. But who ever told us exactly what we have to use these differences for? It's completely relative to each individual.

Love is love. I love my dog. I love my pet parrot. I love my mom, grandma, brother, father, my friends (both male AND female) and so many other people. Just because I don't have sexual relations with these beings, it doesn't lesson this love any more. And if having a sexual relationship with a fellow person is supposed to heighten a level of commitment between people, then there's something wrong with that as well. Love isn't about sex. Love isn't about gender. Love is just what our souls tell us is right.

That is the dillemma this movie examines.

Oh, and one last thing before I get off my soapbox, don't you just love how these people who are homophobic don't ever justify exactly why? :dozey:

Brilliantly said! :)

Perhaps this quote can expand upon that:

The world is not divided into sheeps and goats. Not all things are black nor all things white. It is a fundamental of taxonomy that nature rarely deals with discrete categories. Only the human mind invents categories and tries to force facts into separated pigeon-holes. The living world is a continuum in each and every one of its aspects. The sooner we learn this concerning sexual behavior the sooner we shall reach a sound understanding of the realities of sex. ~Alfred Kinsey, Sexual Behavior in the Human Male, 1948

Excellent quote an_cat. Thank you for posting that. Since we organize our world by means of creating catagories and classifications, I think it will be a long time before we reach the point where we see things as black and white, and every shade in between. I don't know how it is possible, but perhaps the next cultural evolutionary step will be to do away with this mode of thinking. Maybe one day we will be able to see all life as a 'continum' of sorts, instead of making huge generalizations and definitions of normality. I'm such an optimist.

The human race can only get better if people (like Maldini) learn to take off their blinders and see people for what they really are. Each person is individual' date=' no two people are one certain sexuality. Sure, there are blatant distinctions between the sexes. But who ever told us exactly what we have to use these differences for? It's completely relative to each individual.[/quote']

Agree fully. I think one thing that people fail to understand is that sex and gender are not interchangable. Sex is biological. Gender is cultural. We autromatically think: male = man, female = women. This is a HUGE simpilfication. If anyone wishes to bring science and the theory of natural selection into this discussion, I'll be more than happy to give more reasons showing the validity of individuals outside the 'norm' (hate that word!).

Love isn't about sex. Love isn't about gender. Love is just what our souls tell us is right.

Yup! :heart:

...don't you just love how these people who are homophobic don't ever justify exactly why? :dozey:

Because they can't. :dozey:

You're entitled to state your point of view. And I'm entitled to rip it to shreds. :)

Here's my point of view: I have no respect for people who are homophobic. None. I don't tolerate it, and it's pathetic that society as a whole does accept this as a "norm".

Yes. I did see it as normal. I did not see two men having sex. I saw two adults who were in love expressing that in the deepest form.

It's amazing how acceptable it is for people to be grossed out by this. I'm sorry, but prostitution grosses me out a lot more. There are a LOT of sexual acts that are disgusting. Aren't normal. Two people in love having sex is normal. People do it every day. There was a time in this world (or, at least, my country. USA, for your information since we don't have the national flags on here anymore) when people would view a black man and a white woman having sex as "disgusting". Ostracize and kill them for it. This, to me, isn't any different.

Listen, I'm not just attacking you. You might not be homophobic (even though it seems to me, the way you're wording things, that you are). You might not be any of the things. I'm just talking. Expressing my "point of view". You didn't state your opinion in a mature or articulate manner, therefore there were all these responses, mainly negative. I'm just tired of it, all this "ewwwww, gross!" talk. It's really sad to me. Jeez, I think that the heterosexual love scenes in Brokeback were grosser and more difficult to watch than the same sex scenes.

I've had an incredibly bad day, which should be apparent from this reply. Therefore, I probably came off as too harsh. But maybe harsh words are what this world needs.

Wow,all that because I said my point of view

I became a homophobia,a new form of racism and have blinders on my eyes.Ok thanks

But did you see two normal men practcing sex with each other as normal thing

As an_cat said, this is just a discussion....and funny enough, discussions are usually characterized by a sharing of ideas and points of view. And yes, you are entitled to your own point of view, but instead of just getting defensive about what we said, I'd like to hear what you have to say in regard to what we posted up above.

I'm not trying to attack you either. I was actually giving an anthropological insight into why many people (such as you) consider same sex couples as 'not normal'...and then trying to give evidence why homosexuality is a normal part of biological variance. Please don't take offence. But rather than just saying 'same sex couples...ew, gross"....elaborate a little and at least defend your point of view articulately. :thinking:

Sorry you've had a bad day an_cat :( :kiss:

I agree, I'd really like to hear a good counter argument to the one we posed. And not in a defensive, angry manner. I like to see other people's viewpoints, no matter how hard they might be to wrap my mind around.

Thanks, I just had a horrible day in school, a lot of people giving me a hard time. I end up coming on here and probably shoot my mouth off too much!:laugh4: ;)

Woah! Calm it down a second. Debating's fine but take a second to look at the info in front of you.

(Maldini, I'm going to make 2 major assumptions here, please correct me if you think I've got it wrong)

Maldini's info says she's from Giza. In which case, you're talking to someone who isn't likely to have english as their first language, and who comes from a completely different culture to ours. When you're trying to explain yourself in another language, it quite often doesn't come across with the meaning or tine that you intend.

Before you go accusing anyone of anything, why not take the time to try and discover her opinion. Immediately branding someone homophobic isn't likely to lead to further discussion.

Woah! Calm it down a second. Debating's fine but take a second to look at the info in front of you.

(Maldini, I'm going to make 2 major assumptions here, please correct me if you think I've got it wrong)

Maldini's info says she's from Giza. In which case, you're talking to someone who isn't likely to have english as their first language, and who comes from a completely different culture to ours. When you're trying to explain yourself in another language, it quite often doesn't come across with the meaning or tine that you intend.

Before you go accusing anyone of anything, why not take the time to try and discover her opinion. Immediately branding someone homophobic isn't likely to lead to further discussion.

You're absolutely right Jenjie! :thumbsup: I never called Maldini homophobic though...I don't throw that accusation around lightly. I was just trying to express my view points on homosexuality, from what I've learnt during the course of my education, in a rational way. I didn't mean to come across condescending or threatening, so sorry if I did.

I don't think that people who don't accept gay couples are 'bad people,' or anything. And I fully understand that this negative response to homosexuals is entirely a product of our enculturation. I just wanted to give Maldini something to think about. I'm not trying to change his opinion because I know that can't happen.

Oh, ok I'm He not She and yes you are right all what you say is pretty true.

About this great topic there is a phrase saying:

God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve

Did anyone understand me?

Yup, I understand you perfectly. :) God did create Adam and Eve. As I said above, and in a previous post, religion has been one of the greatest forces shaping how we view sexuality, gender and gender roles. However, recently much scientific research backs up the claim that homosexuality is a normal part of life. And if it is normal, then wouldn't God condone it? We can't be expected to suddenly unlearn everything we've been taught...and it's a very complicated issue for those who have religious conflicts. Anyway, Maldini I respect your view and mean no harm. :)

You're absolutely right Jenjie! :thumbsup: I never called Maldini homophobic though...I don't throw that accusation around lightly. I was just trying to express my view points on homosexuality, from what I've learnt during the course of my education, in a rational way. I didn't mean to come across condescending or threatening, so sorry if I did.

I probably didn't put my post across in the right way. I deliberately didn't use names because I don't want to appear to be having a go at any one person, I was generalising across a number of threads. I wanted to post something on the main board because I felt it was more appropriate that way and didn't want anyone to feel they were being picked on. If I thought anyone was stepping across the line, I would have PM'ed them personally. I've seen threads like this turn into slanging matches, and didn't want this one to head the same way.

The discussion going on is quite cool, and I never knew some of the scientific info which I found completely fascinating. I think its ace when you've got films like this which you can enjoy for what they are, but which also provoke a debate into the issues surrounding them.