✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Brokeback Mountain

Kenna

I don't know. I wasn't "labeling" anybody a homophobe, believe me. I just tend to think that anyone who treats someone differently because of their sexual orientation, or think it's "nasty", then they're phobic to it, aren't they? To me, that does make someone homophobic. Again, though, society applies extremely negative connotations to certain words. "Gay", for example. I have a hard time choosing my words carefully because people take them in so many different ways, especially when conversing with people from other countries! Cultures are SO different....

Maldini, I understand you ;), don't worry about the language problem it's ok. Again, any of my harsh words aren't directed at anybody on here. It's just me venting some very spent emotions.

Are you religious (Maldini)? If so, do you REALLY believe that god, or whoever, created the human race? I have a hard time with people who come from the religious standpoint, since I'm not a religious person. I really would like to hear why people think this though. Personally, if a mighty being DID create the world and humans, then did he tell Adam and Eve that they HAD to get it on? lmfao, crude, I know, but I don't know how else to convey my feelings.

I'd like to hear the religious standpoint on this, as well as the scientific one (which I think lunar1126 is willing to provide). They're completely opposing viewpoints. I don't have much to offer other than a personal biase. I've seen my friend (and myself) go through a lot of things in regards to this.

Just a quote I like to keep in mind:

In itself, homosexuality is as limiting as heterosexuality: the ideal should be to be capable of loving a woman or a man; either, a human being, without feeling fear, restraint, or obligation. ~Simone de Beauvoir

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well,talking about Adam and Eve-sorry,but not everybody belives in it.What about geys-I'll never understand why ppl so worry about it.Everyone is free and can do what ge wanna do.Thats not their fault that they are different from you.They dont choose to be geys,its in their nature.We cant blame them for loving those ppl,who they wanna love.Some people are blonde,some have dark hair,and sometimes they change the colour.The same is with homosexual-some are geys,some are not,some are becoming geys.Just let everybody be free,dont judge so much.

I agree with you Lera. People really shouldn't be so worried and judgemental about each other. If someone is religious, then isn't God the judgemental one? Leave people be and let God handle it, if you really believe.

By the way, and please, don't think I'm being obnoxious or mean here, it's spelt "gays", with an "a" :) Just wanted to help you out so other people don't get confused.;)

• 5 weeks later...

I know! Play.com it was. I pre-ordered it ages ago and got it on Saturday...which is weird.

My brother ordered Family Guy season 4 which didn't come out until today and got it saturday too.

Maybe the post was faster than they thought :idea2:

I know! Play.com it was. I pre-ordered it ages ago and got it on Saturday...which is weird.

My brother ordered Family Guy season 4 which didn't come out until today and got it saturday too.

Maybe the post was faster than they thought :idea2:

Could be. Wonder when they charge the payment? Technically, they're breaking the release dates because you received them on the saturday. If it was the Harry Potter book and that had happened, Bloomsbury would be suing all over the place.

QUESTION: I wanted to ask us... what's your favourite scene of the film?

I really loved the scene in which Ennis and Jack meet again... it was soooo lovely and cruel, as well. Gosh, how I loved the way which they embraced, and then, they realized that Jack's wife was there seeing them and they couldn't show one to each other all the love they felt 'cause in that case she would have seen a special - weird relationship between them... and she might have doubts about his husband sexuality. :laugh4: How amazing was the moment they kissed agaisnt the wall, how passionate :blush: :nice: by the way, anyone of us has a picture of that scene?

I bought it on DVD yesterday and watched it lastnight....

OMG IT'S AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!! :stunned: I bawled like a baby at the end. :embarassed:

What a beautiful film! :nice:

It's already out in the UK?! I need it :cry:

Here's kissingpics :nice: :dead: :drunk: :heart: :blush:

bbm08349dy.jpg

bbm08417tu.jpg

bbm08438dp.jpg

bbm08632iy.jpg

bbm08672kh.jpg

Same here. It's the way he just says "Jack, I swear..." then shuts the cupboard...

waaa! :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

Love this film so much :heart:

When it finished I was just left wishing they could have somehow lived their lives together...it's really such a sad story. :cry:

I start crying just looking at the caps!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DAMNIT!

Hmmmm... My favorite scene.... I like the sexual tension when they're by the fire, drinking and sharing random stories, before they sleep with each other. You can feel something sizzling. Soooo well acted.

And any scene with Michelle Williams in it is a favorite of mine. Oy, love her so much :heart: